It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was a 33 degree enlightened being....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: YouSir

You know the path, why not get back on it.

But from what i have learned is that it is difficult and takes really hard work, i know how hard it is to just clear my mind, always getting better though. Progressing.

Ummm...thank you for the kick in the seat of the pants...and your right...I really should be about the business of discernment...rather than trolling the boards for laughs...

It’s just that I enjoy laughter so very much...

Your also correct...seeking Gnosis is the hardest...most rewarding...difficult...yet easiest of pursuits...

It requires commitment stronger than relationship...by far...

Each day we stray...fall from that ladder that leads to grace...slip down a rung or twelve...then wake in the morning and get up to do it all again...

There’s nothing more fun or rewarding...perhaps it’s the effort...the traveling that really counts...and not so much attainment...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Religion for the most part is a joke told to people who are too afraid to laugh and too afraid or lazy to think for themselves.

edit on 1-1-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

Ummm...Hello Trucker1...

What I mean by that is that if your seriously committed and diligent...then there are many paths to attainment...
I’ve practiced a number of them and they were all equally rewarding...

I’ve practiced Zen Buddhism...Hinduism...Tibetan Buddhism...and true Christianity...deep Spiritual prayer is as rewarding as meditation and tones or yoga and koan...

When I practice I set aside doubt and disbelief...negativity and skepticism...I also never practice for personal gain or experience...I never seek attainment for self...I always seek to elevate all other beings...great and small...lift them up...hold them high and marvel at the wonder that they are...and that they instill in me...

My favorite method of practice is void meditation...where I set aside thought...beyond thinking about not thinking...into not thinking...the Spirit...the essence...Pranamaya...the force...if you will...loves a void...rushes into and fills it...
One then becomes a vessel from which the Spirit overflows...and spills out into the lives of all you encounter...

I do none of this for self...there is no need...grace holds you gently within the bosom of it’s warmth...compassion so strong and pure becomes you...

The reason that you must give up the world...is that negativity resides there...voices which state thus can’t be so...simply because they never challenged themselves to be honest in their objectivity...their minds remained shut not open without preconception...

When I practice I use every erg of what I am...every particle and force of will...

Thus things happen...that my thinking self can’t readily explain in a manner that conveys enough information for the listener to experience as fact...

I suppose that’s why the admonishment is always...each must find their own path...

I started this journey as a raging skeptic...in an effort to disprove the experiences of others...

Instead...I found what words cannot define...infinite power and warmth and love and all of knowing...there in the midst of the void...

YouSir
edit on 1-1-2019 by YouSir because: Of clarity...

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Ummm...precisely...pneuma...

Breath...and visualization...and letting thoughts go...

Masonry is one of the disciplines I havn’t tried...not that I need to try any more...
From lots of practice...those altered states are mere seconds away now...like flipping a switch...only easier...

Thank you...not merely Omega...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

...You can't live there...and live in the world as well...you can choose one or the other...not both...

Completely understand.

Yet still wondering if there is some kind of middle-ground?

What is next, after now?

Ummm...perhaps as a Bhoddisatva...?

No better employment to be found...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trucker1
I've read this stuff many times and still wonder if its possible. I've actually even attempted several times to make this serpent move up my spine opening chakras and finally opening my 3rd eye.

Could you explain what you mean here? Do you visualize this during meditation?

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Powerful post. Food for thought.
I always thought Jesus taught so much that has been lost or hidden or twisted.
He came to teach The Way. I believe it had a lot to do with mind-over-matter (healing, walking on water, turning water into wine) and I think it had a lot to do with belief. Pure faith in the power to do these things.
He never said "you can only get to Heaven if you say you believe I died for your sins" and he had ample opportunity, if that was the message he came to deliver to mankind.

No, he had enlightened knowledge to share, and he did say "seek and ye shall find" so it's up to us as individuals to "stand under the know ledge" if we want to "understand the knowledge." (See what I did there? haha)
edit on 1/2/2019 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

This was inspirational to read. I would like to go there, where you've been.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Many Christians villify you when you talk against their beliefs of the messiah, they clearly have missed lesson number 1 in their good book....
Forgiveness.
Others believe they know the truth about a subject without attempting to experience it which is laughable.
Me i dont believe anything to be true but my mind is open to any possibility, and that's the way i investigate things of my liking

Some excellent posts here that have got me thinking more, cheers all

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

He never said "you can only get to Heaven if you say you believe I died for your sins" and he had ample opportunity, if that was the message he came to deliver to mankind.

Word games aside, I think he did say that.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Malak777

You believe all that from reading the bible, i feel the bible and koran etc are designed to have you looking in the wrong places but using the correct methods, the heightened states required to reach God for many come when they are traumatic, that's why people experience god when they add prayer and faith to trauma.
It's a set up. And like they say when you really need him god will speak to you.
edit on 2-1-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Cheers TomS
Ketamine is something i tried once in very small doses, made me feel mystical that's for sure, looking at art in awe and wonderment it was a magical experience, injecting it though, now that is hardcore lol no wonder you left your body haha

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Is there any thing separate from the light?
Words are nothing but vibrating light... and they tell stories about things that don't actually exist.
What is there really?
Listen and see..... what is seeing these words? What is hearing thoughts and sounds? Will the seer or hearer ever be seen or heard?
Enlightenment is the finding of no one.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: Trucker1
I've read this stuff many times and still wonder if its possible. I've actually even attempted several times to make this serpent move up my spine opening chakras and finally opening my 3rd eye.

Could you explain what you mean here? Do you visualize this during meditation?

The serpent only refers to how the chakras that are blocked by default are opened or healed as some people explain it through meditation and spiritual attainment.

Its not something I have personally experienced but I have read about and attempted on several occasions. I think I've been too busy all of my life to obtain it.

Not to mention many people say that opening the 3rd eye can be dangerous because it opens your mind up to the spiritual world which many many people will quickly dismiss as hogwash or phony. So what to do? You go to work and try to earn enough money to survive another week! LOL!

Here is a link describing the chakras Chakras Explained

edit on 2-1-2019 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Malak777

forgot to say happy new year back... Happy new year!

and all the best to you new member.

you been here before btw or are you proper new

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

these lyrics hit a nerve when i first heard them,
www.azlyrics.com...
"Deep in the dark I don't need the light
There's a ghost inside me
It all belongs to the other side
We live, we love, we lie"

on a previous account
ive posted before about the trick of the light
and the dangers of going to the light, as the
movie poltergeist 3 had me scared of the light
and it stuck with me from a young age..

i figure why go to the light if we are the light
but maybe we are part of the void and we create
everything from the void, including the light
i dont know.... but i get a buzz when i see your
posts as often you say things that spark new thoughts
in me, cheers.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

i hear you ma friend
we live in a self imposed prison, we work so we can afford a mortgage
then we cannot afford not to work cause we need to pay our mortgage
we have bills for everything, and most of the bills we have are for things
that distract us from finding ourselves, its the same farce all over and
we all subscribe to it, well im about to cancel my subscription.....

new year new possibilities and all that.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Thank you.
Imagine that you are a blank tv screen (void and dark) and then the light appears on it.... the screen is full of what appears to be separate things... can any of the apparently separate things appear without the backdrop?
The appearance cannot appear without the screen... the screen is overlooked because the things that stand out take the attention........but the screen is primary.
Saint Francis of Assisi said 'we are lookng for what is looking'.
edit on 2-1-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

maybe the goal is to find the perfect balance between the conscious and the unconscious world.

to be able to slip into a trance like state at will, at a basketball game if its boring you but your other half is really
into it, for example.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Ummm...mindfulness is what you describe...which is strange...because the practice does not employ filling the mind...

Rather...it is a hyper awareness...a focus of mere awareness in which one observes and notices the entirety of the moment in each moment...a meditative state carried throughout the mundane...

I always like to state that meditation and path pursuit is akin to pouring out the world...it’s simply impossible to fill an already full thing...so release and leaving aside what living entails...not by not living...but by letting go attachment and control...

If one wishes to be filled by the Spirit...one must first become a vessel suitable to be filled...one cannot fill an already full thing...such a simplistic analogy...yet the crux to attainment...

A mind that is filled with existence...with thinking about...forgets how to experience...how to be one with...how to be a part of rather than apart from...

The hardest step is progressing from thought exercise...into being...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join