It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this a brain tumor?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i need to get to the Doc.
you know how it goes

so it has been happening for a couple months now. once or twice a day for about 5 minutes duration.

# will just get blurry. its weird.

happened earlier. i was typing something in a text and as i was reading it, perfectly clear a word i was looking at just lost focus. also a piece of the word, like a letter of it will seem much brighter or more/less in focus than the rest.

if i look away and look back it will be fine but maybe the next thing i look at will do the same thing.

i was at dunkin donuts and looked away from the phone and at the menu.

same deal

no pain. no dizziness.
just that but it is bad.

maybe the bright spot pulses or buzzes a little bit.

kind of freaking me out.

either something is going on with my eyes and i am going to be blind this time next year or i am John Travolta in Phenomenon in which case i will be dead not long after i learn Portugese and water the Marigolds.

am i dying?

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Check your blood sugar first. May be diabetes.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yikes. I hate doctors so I would be googling the shi out of it.

But you should go ask the doc.

GL

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Many things can have an effect on your vision. Jumping to conclusions is going to drive you mad -- I am a gold-medal recipient in hypochondria. Don't panic, get to a doc if you're concerned. Hope you're OK.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Google Ocular Migraine. See if this description fits.
There's no pain and no danger, just a weird sensation.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Why not get your eyes checked by an ophthalmologist...ASAP.
Our eyes can change as we age, there are diseases and conditions that can cause all sorts of problems....and untreated may cause vision loss/damage.

Make it your New Year's Resolution......

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Perhaps cataracts ? I have had one sneak up on my as we speak.
I will be having surgery for it in the coming months.

As DictonaryOfExcuses said, we can jump to conclusions quite easily and mistakenly. TST, hope you get to the bottom of it, a lot of us here are fond of you..

edit on 1-1-2019 by Plotus because: Hoping for Health

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
you know how it goes

so it has been happening for a couple months now. once or twice a day for about 5 minutes duration.

happened earlier. i was typing something in a text and as i was reading it, perfectly clear a word i was looking at just lost focus. also a piece of the word, like a letter of it will seem much brighter or more/less in focus than the rest.

if i look away and look back it will be fine but maybe the next thing i look at will do the same thing.

same deal

no pain. no dizziness.
just that but it is bad.

kind of freaking me out.

either something is going on with my eyes and i am going to be blind this time next year or i am John Travolta in Phenomenon in which case i will be dead not long after i learn Portugese and water the Marigolds.

am i dying?

GO TO A DOCTOR! Internet forums are no place for accurate diagnosis ...I can think of 5-6 different possibilities....and not 1 is a tumor. So, you're wasting valuable time.

Go..as soon as you can ...don't 2nd guess.

Best....

M.S.
Advanced Life Support

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i know i need to go to the doc.

no insurance so you know how it is.

unless is is extreme pain or i am just shut down i usually dont go.

im a black belt in worrying about # too.

all i can think of is Phenomenon

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

i know i need to go to the doc.

no insurance so you know how it is.

unless is is extreme pain or i am just shut down i usually dont go.

im a black belt in worrying about # too.

all i can think of is Phenomenon

I dont have insurance either and I probably wouldnt go if I did lol.

You could go to the ER then you know dont pay em lol.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

You could go to the ER then you know dont pay em lol.

its what i usually do
hit up the not for profit jesus hospital. gill out financial aid and they cover it.

its crazy how the systems work here.
i dont make amazing money but i do ok.
no insurance from work.
turned it down

make too much for medicaid

financial aid requirements at the hospital though?
you can make pretty damn good money and still qualify.

all on the level like

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Sounds a lot like ocular migraines. I get them, usually at night. Wonky vision (usually one eye), a weird sensation (a little like vertigo). Sometimes I lose vision completely in one eye for a minute or two. Google will tell you all about the condition. Get yourself to a doc to make sure though, in case it's something more serious.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sharbur2002
Google Ocular Migraine. See if this description fits.
There's no pain and no danger, just a weird sensation.

I agree.

This sounds like a ocular migraine to me.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
FFS mate get a scan sorted out!
I was worried about a brain tumour a few months ago, scan said all cool. Got another scan next week to see what is wrong with me though lol, but get a scan!
...sorry if it is an expensive thing for you, it's easy me saying get a scan when it it is free at the point of need for me.
Best wishes and hope it ain't something serious.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I must be missing something..

You feel you have something wrong with your brain or eyes possibly so you come to a site where their are people that believe the Earth is flat or the Moon is a hologram vs going to a medical professional..

Yeah it reads just as ridiculous as it sounds.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
I must be missing something..

You feel you have something wrong with your brain or eyes possibly so you come to a site where their are people that believe the Earth is flat or the Moon is a hologram vs going to a medical professional..

Yeah it reads just as ridiculous as it sounds.

not like i am going to take any posts as the gospel

just wondering if i could learn something to research and i did

so it all worked out

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Haven't read any responses to your post yet.

Cataract? Completely fixable.
Diabetes? - how is your diet, what are your blood sugars, are you urinating excessively/insane thirst?
Hypertension - how is your blood pressure? High blood pressure can cause these symptoms.

Time for a yearly check up and blood panel, oh and a visit to the eye doctor. They can do retinal scan by simply taking a photo of your eye. It's as simple as they shoot a camera at your eye and snap the picture. If you have near sightedness, especially if it's quite bad, then a yearly retinal scan is extremely important.

Now, go and get checked over. Just like a yearly tune up for your car.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I completely understand, but think of it this way - doctors are preventative medicine and catch things before they can become an issue or become more than one has time/money/ability to deal with.

Put $50 a month (or whatever you decide) into an envelope every pay day or every month and that money is to be used for a yearly check up. Sometimes it's only a tweak to one's diet to reap the non costly results as opposed to maybe being on a lifetime of diabetes medication/strips/readers, etc. (example).

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

you know how it goes

same deal

no pain. no dizziness.
just that but it is bad.

kind of freaking me out.

am i dying?

I'm sure it's nothing. You should continue seeking advice on an internet forum for whatever you think is killing you.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You still need to see a Doctor. Get yourself a proper diagnosis and treatment. I'll be keeping my eye on your thread to see how you are doing.

<<   2 >>

join