It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just finished the Avengers: Infinity War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This movie perhaps brings into question, better than most, the mortality of humanity in its current state.

Scientists, theologians, physicists, theorists, all speculate on humanity, how long it can last, what could bring its demise.

Yes the marvel universe is implausible. That said, the theory of infinite universe infinite possibility confirms the most of implausibility.

Can the universe be destroyed so easily?

Or is the universe infinite because of God?

Or is the universe finite because the existential laws of thermal dynamics...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

That said, the theory of infinite universe infinite possibility confirms the most of implausibility.

If there are infinite universes and infinite possibilities, then one possibility is that I build an infinite universe spanning device and visit myself in this universe in 5 seconds.

I think I just proved that theory false.

ETA. I liked the movie.
edit on 30-12-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

In answer to your questions...

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

That said, the theory of infinite universe infinite possibility confirms the most of implausibility.

If there are infinite universes and infinite possibilities, then one possibility is that I build an infinite universe spanning device and visit myself in this universe in 5 seconds.

ETA. I liked the movie.

Even if infinite universe, infinite possibility life does not escappe thermodynamics....

I liked the movie as well... cannot #ing wait until mid 2019...
edit on 12/30/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Congratulations. I wouldn't waste my time watching it myself though.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Yes the marvel universe is implausible. That said, the theory of infinite universe infinite possibility confirms the most of implausibility

What? That sentence makes zero sense whatsoever no matter what context you view it in. The Marvel movies have done a very good job of setting up an overarching story and Infinity War is a very good pre-cursor to the finale of the franchise *EndGame* which is due for release next year (or this year for the happy new year folk reading this late).

This is my second post today asking why bring your god into this!!

Since 2008 when Ironman was released all the way to now there has been one mention of a god (in the biblical sense) in the Marvel universe and that was by Captain America in the first Avengers movie and I quote 'There's only one god maam, and i'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that'. This is coming from a guy frozen from a time where people believed such things. The fact that he's the only one, from an era where god was feared, to mention such a thing speaks volumes about how Marvel deal with such things in modern settings so don't ask questions like is the universe infinite because of god because it makes no sense and it doesn't even pertain to the film, it makes no sense especially when a god is not mentioned (in Infinity War).

You ask can the universe be destroyed so easily? The universe wasn't destroyed, Thanos wiped out 50% of all living creatures in the universe, he didn't wipe out the universe.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

At the end, Stan Lee dies in real life.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Stan Lee is the villain behind the curtain.
He is at the heart of every major event..

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Did you actually think about what you wrote before writing what you wrote

What basic philosophical statement was made in the movie that hasn’t been asked a million times before

I think you watched a comic with philosophy and though, WOW what unusual and fantastic new ideas are on offer when in fact
It’s all just the same old same old in a different package aimed at the young and ignorant

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

ETA. I liked the movie.

Sorry but you most certainly have not?.
You visited your imaginary universe the instant you imagined it and it was only as complex and real as you made it.

But here think on this 1 is not 0, are you 1 - exist or 0 - do not exist.
Beyond that what is infinity?, is 1 divided by 0 infinite, is the square root of -1 an impossible number except when used in algebraic substitutions for equation purposes.

Can you fit an infinite amount of time into a finite amount of time, an infinite space into a finite space, is there such a thing as super space the universe outside of our universe or rather a higher universe that is beyond our ability to calculate for using our primitive and small equations when it has property's that are most certainly infinite.

IS reality here or rather in your mind? or are you not there at all and am I just dreaming this?, what is reality and does it related to infinite and finite universes at all other than 1 is 1 and 0 is 0 and this debate itself is 1 as it exists and not 0 since that would mean that it did not exist at all.

By the way Eternal Solace, nice movie for a comic book adaptation but that is actually not the end of the story, remember doctor strange had/has a plan and all has to do with the time stone.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan
Yeah but, Ego was a god, with a little g. Anyway Rocket survived cos he's the one that's gonna kill Thanos.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's funny when people try to apply logic to a superhero comic made movie. Lol.

How do you rationalize their super powers? Physics lol.

Back on track, Stan Lee is The One Above All.

marvel.wikia.com...(Multiverse)

Coomba98

Edit...
Spouse I should say SPOILERS!!!
This is a good place to put it. Lmao
edit on 30-12-2018 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
With the real life death of creator Stan Lee, the Marvel Universe lost its God. Therefore, with no God remaining, the universe He created, itself, ceases to exist since it no longer is in His mind.

That is how fantasy philosophy works.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The Omni-verse is outside of The One Above All's mind.

The Tribunal will take over if God dies.

Coomba98

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Even if infinite universe, infinite possibility life does not escappe thermodynamics....

Then there would be no infinite possibilities.

I liked the movie as well... cannot #ing wait until mid 2019

Yeah. They have kept that one under wrap pretty good.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
a reply to: Krakatoa

The Omni-verse is outside of The One Above All's mind.

The Tribunal will take over if God dies.

Coomba98

It would be cool if Stan Lee already shot the scenes of being the One Above All and he sends Eternity to deal with the matter.

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

One-Above-All is Jack Kirby...and it has already been shown Stan Lee is a Watcher...

posted on Dec, 31 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

One-Above-All is Jack Kirby...and it has already been shown Stan Lee is a Watcher...

He was in a space suit when it showed him with the Watchers that do not need space suites.

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

He was in a space suit when it showed him with the Watchers that do not need space suites.

A disguise duh... lol

new topics

top topics

join