It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEGO Porsche 911 GT3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If you haven’t seen this LEGO and you’re a hobbyist/car nut like I am I strongly encourage you go get your hands on it.

shop.lego.com...

This thing is ridiculously detailed. I’m 6 hours in (with distractions) and halfway through the second box - on step 340 or so with another 300 pages to go in the instruction manual. I’m a Porsche fan but, even if you’re not - it’s sweet. Loved Legos when I was a kid but this is not your childhood toy - they weren’t joking when they say age 18+ on the box.

It’s making my kids very anxious to help though, but they are barely out of the Duplo stage.

When it comes to this kit, Will Farrel was right - “it’s a highly sophisticated interlocking brick syatem.”

edit on 27-12-2018 by EnigmaChaser because: Autocorrect fail.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
That looks wonderful.

But I must say, it is some very expensive pieces of plastic.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

They’ve released a Bugatti Chiron too...

shop.lego.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

My family and I are huge fans of lego, we must have around 40kg's of the stuff (I was a gold badge member of the Lego Club too as a kid, but I digress).

ETA, just found this on my phone - this is some of our Lego collection, the rest is either on shelves as complete models in my Sons room or scattered about in random bags and boxes, it's a fair bit to sort lol

For anyone interested in the above mentioned models (Chadwickus beat me to it with the Veyron, lol), but isn't interested or aren't in a position to pay official Lego prices, there's a company I was made aware of earlier this year called Lepin which produces and sells Lego kit replicas at a fraction of the choice.

Even if your not interested in their car kits, their website is well worth a look - they literally just about have it all - from the Star Wars Deathstar to the Simpsons house.

Anyway, here's links to Lepin's Porsche 911 and Bugatti Chiron;

Lepin Porsche 911

Lepin Bugatti Chiron

edit on 27/12/2018 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: ETA photo

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
That looks wonderful.

But I must say, it is some very expensive pieces of plastic.

No joke! Found it at Target for 199.99 on a random clearance shelf!

Still a lot of money but this is well worth it. Seriously cool and will be displayed proudly in my garage!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I loved the stuff when I was younger, and have been tempted by some of the newer kits.. but.. the prices really knock that temptation down a peg (or a dozen).

I do believe for the price of those car kits, ill just get a real Porsche or Bugatti

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Nice to see LEGOs are as popular in Australia as they are here in Northern Hemisphere countries.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I live on the Channel Island of Jersey, close, 😜

(post by odyagam removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join