It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donald Trump made a surprise visit to American troops in Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

That why we are in these unneeded war situations.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
Actually its a big hassle even when its a surprise visit. But its welcomed.

No bigger pain in the ass than having everything spit shined because some political dignitary is visiting the base!
Yet he is there to interact and actually meet with the troops. Doesn't happen often and as you said, it is appreciated in the rare instance they do rub elbows with the troops.

Awe man... I forgot about that... Imagine how many tooth brushes and white gloves were killed in the making of that inspection! Inspections used to scare the hell out of me! Seriously!

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Sarah Sanders:

Sarah Sanders ‏ Verified account @PressSec Following Following @PressSec More

Powerful moment - Member of United States Army told the President he came back into the military because of him. And President Trump responded, “And I am here because of you.” I met him after and he gave me the patch from his arm. Incredible.

twitter.com...

Hah Nice story. But even I don't believe that one. Someone's blowing smoke. It's too perfect and no idiot would re-enlist because a potus wins office.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I didnt think the president could go on non-essential trips during the shutdown?

It is about time he did something like this either way. Been far to long.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
Actually its a big hassle even when its a surprise visit. But its welcomed.

No bigger pain in the ass than having everything spit shined because some political dignitary is visiting the base!
Yet he is there to interact and actually meet with the troops. Doesn't happen often and as you said, it is appreciated in the rare instance they do rub elbows with the troops.

Awe man... I forgot about that... Imagine how many tooth brushes and white gloves were killed in the making of that inspection! Inspections used to scare the hell out of me! Seriously!

The barracks was the worst! I got gigged for having a Notebook binder that had the left over paper that is ripped off still in the spiral binder! Head games.....

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
They look genuinely happy in the photos & videos I've seen. Good on them.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: Violater1

U.S. stock market, is far from stable. This is trumps first visit, to our Military in Iraq. Every other sitting president, had visited their first year in office.

President Obama, went in April, his first year in office, trump has been in, almost 2 years. How many opportunities, did trump pass on, to honor our troops, just last Veteran's day. He did not even visit Arlington. Not a word about Pearl Harbor.

Bone spurs, is one of the worst presidents ever. Skipping, chances to honor the fallen, because it was sprinkling, and did not want to get his hair wet!

So you're for prolonging the longest war in our nations history?

ETA: So how does this play out if his advisors are deep state shills, according to some here, advising him to stay?
edit on 26-12-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Why is trump only responsible when it goes up?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

John Bolton?????? wink wink

Why Trump brought that globalist shill on is beyond me...

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: seeker1963

It was a HORRIBLE IDEA pulling out of Syria! You will see. He was advised to absolutely not to pull out.

trump should have learned, other times he pulled out, it will cause problems!

The horrible idea was destablising a secular state with mercenary armies, politically supporting Islamist fundamentalists who grew out of the chaos against their secular leadership and then supplying arms to said fundamentalists, making an already bad situation significantly worse.

Wonder whose idea that was? hmm....

Strange how US troops need to stay in Syria when the Syrians have won, and coincidentally the Syrians never asked the Americans to come and consider their presence quite unwelcome.
edit on -060006pm12kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
They say ....
Trump was piloting

With only NINE AND A HALF !! wee stubby fingers to boot !

edit on 26-12-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

John Bolton?????? wink wink

Why Trump brought that globalist shill on is beyond me...

Because his insight is probably invaluable, regardless of what he wants personally. He can't decide what we should do, nor was he the only advisor around.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Mach2

Why is trump only responsible when it goes up?

Because Obama cannot say "you didn't build that, the government did", and then claim credit when the government steps out of the way (less government).

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
….absolutely love how all the NON-trump supporters were all over him on the DOW drop at Christmas but now that it had had a gain….crickets chirping....hypocrites all of them.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

How many went Xmas night

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

This guy has brains

And i only support me my higher sel and i

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Trumps speech in Iraq.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

obama wasn't doing any thing at the time trumps busy making america great again

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Bone spurs, is the reason given for trump not being drafted.

Bone spurs , among 1000s of other medical conditions , will keep one out of military . Even the ones seeking to volunteer
When one goes to their physical , one is presented with a checklist (similar to the ones that one has to check off at a doctor's office) the size of War and Peace . Then the doctor asks about 1000 more questions. And then the medical testing just to see if one was lying

One cant march 20 miles with a 35lb rucksack suffering from bone spurs.And that is basic for any branch of the military.

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
In this case it was to much and too easy to deny.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

True, that.

The military-industrial-banker complex plays against all sides to insure constant conflict.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join