It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sukhoi Su-57 Meta Thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

It was the first production bird.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Am all for Russian military planes crashing as often as possible, but this Su-57 is to be expected and won't have too severe an impact on the plane's future: the F-35, F-22, Eurofighter have all had accidents with prototypes as well as early production aircraft...though I have to admit, losing the very first production plane just before it is supposed to be handed over for service is not a good look...

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Algeria?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

maybe. One source. Nothing from the Russians or the Algerians as yet.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

avia.pro...

As always, YMMV

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Possible actual image of the real Su-57 cockpit from Sukhoi itself...

Su-57 cockpit?

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Borys

They let him fly the non- moveable simulator on the condition he asked no questions about capabilities of the aircraft, or detailed specifications.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Looks like a VR simpit..

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Fair enough, but whilst the need to preserve some secrets is common sense, so is the need to sell lots of planes for hard currency and ensure program viability. Would have made more sense to let him ask every question he could think of, then only provide answers that help sell planes (without making NASIC's job too easy...)

Interested in the image upper left, which I assume is the actual cockpit configuration: aside from the expected two large MFDs, appears to be a reasonably sized third MFD on the port side ahead of the throttle. Will be interesting to compare this to the Chinese approach with the J-20...as soon as we see an actual cockpit photo of the display panels...

a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Borys

He was actually a reporter for The Aviationist.

That is a pretty interesting layout of the cockpit. It will be interesting to see how it compares with the F-22 and F-35 for sensor fusion.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The sensor fusion capability is one thing, but the other one is the total display format and integration. That will almost certainly be one thing they will be unlikely to show publicly: the ability to seamlessly integrate onboard radar, IR and EM emissions data with external data from AEWC, ground radar, satellites, drone wingmen etc etc in a way that makes quick sense to a pilot in a confusing environment is something that would be a real advantage in combat...and thus commercially. It's not just the cockpit displays, but the HUD and along with the pilots helmet display. Getting the information to the pilot without overwhelming them is going to be a real challenge. America has had a real lead in this for decades, but I suspect the Chinese may bring a very interesting approach to the problem. The Russians have some real great sensor tech, but the information display side of things has never been their strong suite AFAIK...

a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Looks like a blend of F22,F35 and an Su27 all rolled into one..

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
...and I thought I had a better photo, turns out it was the Su-35. Bummer :-(
edit on 4/1/2020 by Borys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Su-57 still testing the new engine.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I thought I semi-recently read they pushed out expectations for the new engine (on production Su-57) for another four or five years.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

There was a lot of speculation about it being outright cancelled because the testing was going so slowly.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's Sputnik, so take with a salt mine's worth, but they are claiming the Russians are working on an optionally piloted - unmanned mode - for the Su-57. Theoretically, it could just be an advanced autopilot and the dribble out is just the Russians trying to make it sounds like there's more there than it is.

sputniknews.com...

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Trying to deflect from engine problems?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join