It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally watched Beauty and the Beast (2017)...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Emma Watson is a trash singer. I mean seriously. The worst in the whole movie. Could they not have dubbed her like in other musicals. Gaston, his minion, Belle's father, all greater than Emma. I don't mean to detract from her acting, as she captured belle in a few places perfectly. Emma was better than the black "diva" 100%. Emma only needs lessons in vibrato and how to hold a note. Then she'll be on par. ''

Point proven in that they don't cast either 1991 professionals or of equal talent in the credits...

Hollywood is lazy.

edit on 12/24/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It’s Disney so of course it sucks. They even managed to destroy the Star Wars franchise. There are so many actresses that have wonderful voices (Hailee Steinfeld comes to mind) that they could have used, but they are more interested in promoting homosexuality to children than producing a good version of Beauty and the Beast.

edit on 2018/12/24 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The only good Disney flick is The Sword in the Stone made in 1963. It’s a master piece and one of my all time favourite movies. I watched it on repeat as boy in the 90s. Had no idea it was as old as it is until I googled it just now.

The new beauty and the beast was ok. Nothing to get excited about tho.
a reply to: Metallicus

edit on 25-12-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Have to disagree.

First I have never watched nor do I have any intention of watching that movie as mostly I actually detest musicals.

Also I had heard the name but could not put a face to her so did a quick search only to find it is one of those kid's in the harry potherb movies.

Then had a quick look for Emma Watson singing and watched a quick snipped of that movie you are talking about, that quick snipped her voice was perfectly fine even pleasant to listen to which is more than I can say for the other singers in that scene, also the music in general was awful and did not compliment her voice.

Lastly any actor or actress can be made to sound like they can or can not sing by whomever is mixing the audio which as far as I can tell from that seen is pretty awful - not her voice which as I say was fine even pleasant.

Oh and merry Christmas and New year to all (I really don't feel very festive spirited to those idiot's that want to call it horrible thing's like festivous of holiday's, in fact I feel rather beastly toward them and want to growl loudly in there ears bloody idiot's it's Christmas not festivous - sorry had to rant at them moron's a bit there).
edit on 25-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Not really a fan of musicals but much of my family is and that means I've seen plenty.
They played this movie last Christmas and I went and did the dishes.
Other than to make money, this movie was nothing but a copy of the older one.
I imagine the new grinch cartoon is the same.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
A basic and very bland movie but Emma is quite charming and a perfect Belle. She has a sweet voice-not overly promoted and fake and I appreciate that.

Perhaps you were expecting a more vocalized and expressionistic vocal and did not conform to your standards.

I thought she did fine-liked her better than the movie as a whole.

new topics

top topics

join