It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Christmas Eve... Strange phone call

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Christmas? - check!
Creepy messages? - check!
Sleeping wife? - check!
Cheating (suspicion)? - check!
(Not so) secret society? - check!

Eyes Wide Shut

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

oh I have my piece.. how Clint Eastwood of you.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The thought did enter my mind

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The thought did enter my mind

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
Christmas? - check!
Creepy messages? - check!
Sleeping wife? - check!
Cheating (suspicion)? - check!
(Not so) secret society? - check!

Eyes Wide Shut

I'm still calling fanciful fiction.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Did you ask him questions?

It sounded like he did all the talking.

Next time, turn the tables. Who? Why? What? Where? How? When?

You need more info. Never answer a stranger.

Glad you shared here on ATS. We've got your back.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

What kind of guy takes a picture of his wife sleeping.

Weird situation all around!

My ex-boyfriend did that to me all the time.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I haven’t heard anything more from the guy, which is good by me. I know a guy from the lodge that he said he attends, he says he is the Senior Warden there. The guy I know is the Worshipful Master. I think I will have a talk with him, see if the story is straight or not.

Silly- my nephew gave me a new ‘piece’ for Christmas. Eastwood I am not, he is Hollywood. I’m just an old ridge runner.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

What were the pictures like? You said she was a homely woman. Was she under the covers, dressed,undressed, etc? Besides the obvious oddness, was there anything weird about the pictures? And does the woman look at ALL like she could be posing? I don't know how a person would determine that, but I'm asking anyway. 😂

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
Both photos were from the waist up. She appeared to be sleeping, but she was on her back in one photo and lying on her stomach in the other. Didn't look posed to me, but how could one be sure about that?
She was wearing a vee neck blouse, it was the same top in both pics.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

It sounds like one of two possibilities. One, his wife is a regular victim of "Caller ID Spoofing" which leaves other people's phone numbers on her caller ID when either marketing firms or collection agencies are trying to contact her and throw her off. Two, your Senior Warden is attempting to use blackmail or pity to rebuild memberships within the Masonic organization.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Is there any chance you did know his wife at some point? Old coworker, went to high school together, something like that?

A guy went a little nuts texting my husband about a year ago out of the blue like this. Turns out his wife was cheating on him, just not with my husband. From what I remember, the wife tried to backpedal when she got caught. She tried to say that she wasn't currently cheating (she was), but had years ago with my husband (she hadn't).

The guy wanted to talk to my husband on the phone, texted constantly, was convinced that everything would be better if he would just admit they were seeing each other, all kinds of nonsense. It took weeks of this to unravel the whole thing, with her even messaging my husband on Facebook asking him to just tell her husband that it was him so that he would stop asking her questions.

Sounds like a scam, but could also just be misplaced anger about cheating. Be careful out there, people are crazy!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Well, this whole thing is just weird enough that, if it were me, I would just have to find out what was going on!

I wouldn't let it drop until I at least understood if it was:

a.) Just a scammer call
b.) Someone who had a wrong number / was confused
c.) Someone who truly believed what they were alleging

This, because people do some BAT-S#-CRAZY stuff when spousal fidelity issues are involved, and letting them fester is never a good thing!

The first thing I would do is, now that a couple days have passed, I would call the number who called you and tell whomever answered that someone called/texted me from this number, alleging what they did, and ask them if they knew anything about it. If they acted oblivious, I would forward the texts and pictures to them as proof. If they still acted oblivious, I'd probably tell them not to call again and block the number. Again, this is just me, but I would probably also report the incident to the local Sheriff just as a safety measure. I would show them the texts and the pictures too.

If someone whom you don't know accuses you of something and demands to meet you in person somewhere it is a "threat", not a threat of violence per se, but still a threat. If you wind up having to 'ventilate' this dude out of self-defense at some point down the road it's better to have a paper trail of what led up to it.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Unnerving for sure! I hope it all works out for you and no harm to anyone.

A few years ago my brother in law was at a house party. A woman and her husband were there in separate vehicles, he left before she did. When it came time for her to leave I think her car wouldn't start or something (if IRC) and she borrowed my brother in law's phone (her phone was dead or something) to call her husband...no answer and she kept calling and calling until he answered and/or called her back.

A few weeks later, the guy calls my brother in law wanting to know why my BIL's number was on his phone, he was really angry and threatening my BIL and was repeatedly told that the wife used the phone to call HIM. He didn't want to hear any of it. My BIL looked over his shoulder for a long time after that! Some folks get crazy when there's love, suspicion and jealousy in the mix...

Be careful!

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Weagle
I have never met this woman. I never spoke to her on the phone.
I have to believe that a scammer must have spoofed my phone number when calling her phone, if this guys story is true and he found my number on her phone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join