It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria - Turkey - Rojava 2019 Border Dispute and the International Coalition

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
I forgot to mention Sana, they are an official outlet so very reliable. The worst video I saw in Iraq was a few weeks ago, the protestors were approaching the line of officers, and they raised their rifles and just unloaded into the crowd. I also saw the security forces on trucks mounted with guns just firing into buildings nearby the protests.

Here is something else. Southfront just uploaded a video twenty minutes ago claiming that Russian Military police came under shelling from the Turkish backed forces as well yesterday.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The situation continues to be complicated. This weekend saw multiple instances of American and Russian patrols running into each other, in one instance the Russias were forced to turn around. Then you e have locals continuing to pelt joint Russian and Turkish patrols with rocks.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Oh now this was an interesting little slap boxing match that ended in a draw today I think, maybe yesterday the way time zones work. While on a patrol up in north Syria, local militants in regular clothes started off by throwing rocks at our guys. The story I read from a translated witness account is our guys fired warning shots nearby, possibly hitting some property as well. Then the militants returned fire from rifles they already had concealed and a handful openly carrying that were concealed. Then everyone started shooting I guess. Our guys killed somebody, hopefully the agitator who planned this baiting tactic.

Russians came by shortly thereafter, in what I speculate was an effort to prevent our pilots in the sky from just leveling everything and calling it a day in the war on terror. I admit that would have been a much cooler video though. I have a feeling it would have upset the sultan Erdogan up north though.

Need a moment to get near a hotspot. I'll update with the videos and images shortly. Just need to post that summary so I don't lose it.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
Ok, so a few things got cleared up. Fox News and Central Command have now added comments.

A guy initially snatches a flag from one of the trucks, which is later set on fire on the side of the truck. There were Russians on the scene, but were not involved as alleged by Mark Esper during a statement in Brussels for a meeting with NATO. Although it is said that deconfliction occured when Russians contacted the Syrian government on the matter. This is a regime friendly town that Assad's forces entered after the partial withdrawal from North Rojava. Early reports claimed a person was killed, but no verification was made and its assumed only three people were injured, a photo of which is available. One of the trucks got stuck in mud trying to go around, and it had to be towed. When they returned to tow it, shooting happened again. Also alleged by local media sources was an F-22 airstrike on regime positions nearby during the incident. This was later clarified as the jet we see in the video breaking the sound barrier during the confrontation. Like I said, we woulda just leveled it all and called it a day. Thankfully Assad clearly decided to reign his foster pit-bulls, some who were only recently working for Erodgans mercs themselves before the pullout.

Special thanks to newly discovered source Rojava Information Center for their thorough and accurate reporting on the ground. I don't think SANA updated their page about the alleged dead person. Either too slow/sloppy staff or agenda driven. Im guessing agenda driven.

RIC stuck to the facts as they discovered them, and updated as necessary. They are a credit to journalism and look forward to reading more.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Well, here are the shots of the Russian patrol on the scene. How embarassing that they had to be there to stop the Syrians from shooting so our guys could fish out the truck from the mud.

Its got to be surreal to be any of those soldiers out there this year.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I feel so sorry for our guys and girls stuck in Syria..... a place we should never have been in the first place... My next life I am not going to join up to go fight and die for ?????????? unless it is clear we are going to roll up the streets and not even a dog will bark when we are finished.. Ginghis Khan knew how to fight and finish a war ...and no he is not my hero but one all should respect for his accomplishments ...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I feel so sorry for our guys and girls stuck in Syria..... a place we should never have been in the first place... My next life I am not going to join up to go fight and die for ?????????? unless it is clear we are going to roll up the streets and not even a dog will bark when we are finished.. Ginghis Khan knew how to fight and finish a war ...and no he is not my hero but one all should respect for his accomplishments ...
Agreed. Everyone in the world should know that if you f**k with our guys you’re gonna be absolutely obliterated. But I also think we shouldn’t be in the Middle East or Central Asia.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The Russians uploaded a video from their perspective from the inside of their truck. Their comments are captioned, and begins about a minute into the video.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This was funny, more disagreement between USA and Russia.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Did anybody notice this Fast and Furious moment between American and Russian armored patrols in the NorthEast?? The Russians tried to go around, and the American drivers rammed him off the side of the road. Thankfully a pedestrian was just able to dart out of the way before he was squashed by this competitive unsanctioned road race.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here the Syrian Army posts what it says is a supply drop to US forces in East Syria.

Steele M
@SteeleSyAA

US military airdrops supplies and military equipment to its forces occupying Syrian oil installations in the eastern #Deirezzor desert #Syria #USA #Syrianarmy
Flag of Syria
please feel free to follow for daily Syrian Arab Army updates
Flag of Syria

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join