It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where has good music gone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So far nobody has even mentioned "Celtic New Age" music, which is now for me the most beautiful music I've ever heard, apart from certain "Classical" music, like Beethoven's string quartets, etc. But you mellow with age. In my psychedelic days I used to enjoy listening to The Who, Black Sabbath, Credence Clearwater Revival, Jethro Tull.... At Amazon.com you can download for free 30-second samples of songs, which will give you an idea of how Celtic sounds like.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
And what's scarey is I'm being serious. All the other "teen-bop/pop" bands are treated like kleenex and KA-POOOF! GONE! And even though I do agree to some degree they are "process", they're the only "boygroup" in history to get to a 5/6th album to make a "we're ticked off" political statment. Which is ironic, considering half are dems, half are reps., and only one's a "wildcard". Plus, their show kicked everyone, but the "Legends" last night, it was worth my $ from work.

But for the most part, to me all music is manufactured, but I grew up with AJ, and I've been a fan for 8 years come June. But as far as I'm concered Christina, Alicia, Pink, Mariah, Destiny's Child, Hanson, and BSB, are as real as "pop" gets.
I also would put Eminem and possible 50 Cent or Nelly in this catagorey, as far as lyrics goes, or pickiness of lyrics, b/c ultimately all music is manufactured as Britney Spears, so get over it. If you want "Good" music, you'll have to find it.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Bsb.....wow....they are exactly the crap im speaking of...puppets who dance and sing...badly at that....whos music is produced...written and performed by someone else....if your looking for good music and youve ended your search with the Backstreet Boys and are content with that....im sorry....i truly am....

<< 1   >>

join