It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Tasset-Rainbow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
While my Mom was in Collage, she worked on a governemnt project to help pay for her Collage Bill. This was done at place that she said was called Northrup. She and her friends mostly swore at the Officers in Russian, but that is beyond the point. It was a project in which they were attempting*** to make a Smart-Missile that would drop out of an aircraft, and destroy a Radar Tower, unfortunetly, the project never worked out. I did a seard on this, and couldn't find anything. So, I don't think it's been De-Classified. My Mom had a Top-Secret Clearance at the time.
One, night she heard the CO's talking about a Super-Anthrax of sorts. It was a new geneticaly engineered type of Anthrax that would adapt to anything you tried to kill it with. Interesting, no???

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
as for the anti radar missile, its called a HARM - High Speed Anti Radar Missile, standard battlefield kit, as for the anthrax...sounds interesting

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's TACIT RAINBOW, not "Tasset Rainbow., which was why you didn't find anything.

But TACIT RAINBOW was a project to develop a jet-powered mini drone, not a missile. It was one of only two weapons systems to be cancelled after undergoing full-up RDT&E; the other was the Sergeant York air defense gun.

But the thing was exceeding its budget, and Northrop had a very bad reputation for performance screwups and budget overruns at the time. I think it went down around 1990.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Northrop names all there black projects TACIT the most famous "tacit blue."

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
my father and grandfather both worked on missiles my grandfather worked on the javeline shoulder fire rocket they both worked for TI i have pictures of tacit rainbow it looks like and rc toy just much bigger they had to stop because it was an ai and it just tracked radar it went after a weather radar and they had to self destruct it

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Another of the planned uses for the tacit Rainbow project was the ability to "drop" the missile someplace away from it's target and leave it in a station keeping mode until the delivery aircraft could depart the area then the missile would begin processing it's targeting assignment and look like it popped up out of nowhere on the enemies detection systems.

top topics

join