It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me understand why we need to be in Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I remember a documentary I saw a while back where some Afghani was all hooked up with the CIA. He was an arms dealer and a big time heroin trafficker. They had video footage of this guy in numerous deals with the CIA, and then apparently he decided he wanted a bigger slice of the pie. So what did they do?

Why, they hauled him to Guantanamo, of course!

You connect the dots.

(wish I could remember the name of that program. It wasn't about drugs, but something to do with the conflict in the ME. I thought it would explode into a story, but for some reason it never did).

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

(wish I could remember the name of that program.

Me too!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

As I remember this guy was pretty hard to catch, and they wound up finally capturing him on an airport tarmac (on video).

I remember thinking to myself, I wonder how they got that video? And that they must have some pretty sophisticated spy camera stuff. They had him from about 4 different angles and from overhead.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Here's a long read on an international drug dealer suspected to have CIA ties.

Click on the vice link in there, it's a long but very good read.

It seriously reads like a movie.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: network dude

Something something poppy fields...

If we left, the Taliban would ban the growing of poppies and burn the fields like they did before.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

While my experience leads me to believe the poppy theory is true, I cannot prove it.

However, I can say that we once were tasked with taking some USGS geologists around to a bunch of places and providing security while they took samples and other geology-ish things.

Here... Found an article from a little after that time so they're probably talking about the same study:

ABC News Link

3 Trillion in mineral reserves isn't much when measured against the world-wide heroin trade and once those reserves are mined and sold off, they're not renewable like poppies are; but a legitimate source of revenue is quite handy when one is looking to hide other less legitimate sources.

It's my feeling that while those minerals would help Afghanistan build an actual economy for itself, those minerals would do even more for someone's bottom line as a source of cover for income generated through the sale of narcotics.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Short answer: we don't.

Long answer: We do not have to be there.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

The U.S. (CIA) like Afghanistan for the drugs. They found out during Reagans administration that drugs are very profitable.
I think its a good thing we get out of other counties matters and focus on our own issues.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

You don't "need" to be in Afghanistan......................... But if you're not somebody else will be. Russians, Chinese or Islamic hardliners.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I don't think Russia will be keen on going back there.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Allaroundyou

There's no oil to speak of in Asskrackistan.

ETA - Otherwise they wouldn't be eating sticks and bugs there.

Keep in mind those countries that they control and our deployment. Then speak in truth.....best to keep that in mind dude.

Follow the money not the people.....
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

At this stage, I haven't put much thought into why we are there, we have been there for what seems like forever.

they have a lot of natural resources that we can't let the Chinese or Russians get.

needed a clever excuse to go there and never leave so: 9/11

Are you for or against Trump pulling troops out, and moving towards a full removal?

yes end all the endless "wars on terror", start minding our own business again, and bring our troops home.

the only purpose of the "wars on terror" is to get everyone on the planet under proper surveillance for their own "safety" once that happens: its lock down time!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We're there so we have control of their abundant mineral resources, as well as, oil and natural gas. If we weren't their, Russia, China or Iran would be in control of their resources.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: network dude
At this stage, I haven't put much thought into why we are there, we have been there for what seems like forever. When the Syria thing started, it looked just like we were trying to find a reason to invade, luckily, the rest of the world was against it, and the attempts were stopped. So I'd like to hear from those of you who have been there, those who truly understand the political reasons, the humanitarian reasons we are there. I can't imagine the people there enjoy our presence, but I might be wrong on that, I've not been there.

Are you for or against Trump pulling troops out, and moving towards a full removal?

Because Saddam Hussein tried to kill the first George Bush. Luckily for all of us Barack Obama won the war in Iraq. If he was still around we would have won in Afghanistan as well. Stupid Trump.

Realistically speaking, I guess I understand why we did invade at the time we did. I just do not understand why we are still there. Probably just to irritate Russia. Probably because the Queen of England needs the great game to go on and on into forever.

I'm beginning to understand. Saddam Hussein tried to kill the first George Bush during the war in Kuwait. So then the Saudis did 911. As a result we invaded Iraq which Barack Obama won. And that's why we are in Afghanistan. Any questions?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: network dude
At this stage, I haven't put much thought into why we are there, we have been there for what seems like forever. When the Syria thing started, it looked just like we were trying to find a reason to invade, luckily, the rest of the world was against it, and the attempts were stopped. So I'd like to hear from those of you who have been there, those who truly understand the political reasons, the humanitarian reasons we are there. I can't imagine the people there enjoy our presence, but I might be wrong on that, I've not been there.

Because Saddam Hussein tried to kill the first George Bush. Luckily for all of us Barack Obama won the war in Iraq. If he was still around we would have won in Afghanistan as well. Stupid Trump.

Realistically speaking, I guess I understand why we did invade at the time we did. I just do not understand why we are still there. Probably just to irritate Russia. Probably because the Queen of England needs the great game to go on and on into forever.

I'm beginning to understand. Saddam Hussein tried to kill the first George Bush during the war in Kuwait. So then the Saudis did 911. As a result we invaded Iraq which Barack Obama won. And that's why we are in Afghanistan. Any questions?

I think you are forgetting what the royal family in England wants. That is always the first issue, and the last. They must keep their baby lizard eggs warm with fresh human blood.

BTW, the American involvement in the middle east is so nutty that I cannot help explain it away with surreal thoughts. And there was a time that I actually was in support of it. I lost ALL faith in what we were doing when Wolfowitz (sp?) allowed Iraq to have Islam as the only state religion. I am still unsure what in the hell that was all about. Anyway, in my mind that made the whole thing appear to be just something done to appease someone instead of something logical to protect the United States from something.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
People forget that George HW Bush was a lifelong CIA man before he was Reagan's vice president. He probably had billions of dollars in drug profits stashed away in banks around the world. No coincidence his son declared war and conquered the world's primary heroin-growing region.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It is pre-planned invasion to block any support to Iran or any escape of Iran. Which is failing hard because Asia is not US influential area.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

You might be too young to remember the 1973 oil embargo. That led to the US-Saudi-Israel alliance.

I once saw a documentary by the BBC called Bitter Lake. It gave me a different insight than what is in the news.

Everything makes sense and it is really not too complicated when you remember Saudi Arabia and Israel are allies.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I don't think Russia will be keen on going back there.

The Ruskies are reported to already be supplying the Taliban with weapons. Russia had an interesting time back in the day but left in place an allied government when it withdrew its military support. Sure they had losses but they weren't really fighting the locals in terms of tech were they, it was more of a dads and lads weekend game.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There is no reason for any US servicemember to deploed in the following... Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Sudan, South America, South Korea, Japan, Ukraine...

Every god damn place in the world that isn't a United States State...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join