It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hit the Bug" Banner Ad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That "Hit the Bug and win a new iPod" banner ad is really obnoxious. I am really not fond of roachy-like critters.
I have to scroll down just to keep from looking at it... maybe I need couselling.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
hmmm

Everyone is talking about this "hit the bug" ad and I don't see it!!

No bug hunting for me I guess....

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Even worse, if you hit it...
SPLAT!

ewww, yellow bug guts...!

ok, there is also a SHOOT the bug banner...More roaches. Don't look
intelgurl..!

[edit on 26-2-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Man, I hit that bug and nothing happened....
I'm a loser

XL5

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Its pointless to have ads that don't target the people people visiting this site or any site! If the mods here care about the quality here, they won't put ads up that are clearly for people who just happend to end up here and think...oh neat..a mini game.

Sure the money may goto a good cause but it comes at the cost of sanity and quality.

Why not have ads for fighter jet, UFO/alien, guns posters/models. Maybe freedom of information documents in big binders or a collection of related videos. A voodoo Bush, Kerry, Osama doll!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
the google ads at the edge dont bring anythin got the table either.

this website is a enterprisew . it makes money and payes bills like my mom and dad.

trying to have order and not chaos comes with control and censors. but that is the problem with all mediua. you gotta get the bills payed and you gotta get your mnessage out.

prety soon you have overhead cost and need to make sure that the money dont dry up. the cia book called the company says that is how they got the local media in south america in the 1970;s and defeted comunism.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Hey, I tell ya what.. I'm ticked off. It clearly states "Shoot the Cockroach and win a Free Ipod .. Well, I shot it. Guess what? No Ipod. I want my Ipod. Mods? Mr. Gray? I feel cheated. I feel the only right thing to do, is all you chip in and send me one. It's only fair.

It takes me back to a time when ATS used to say things like..

Members will not see the above ad. Reduce the advertising and eliminate the pop-ups/unders, REGISTER NOW and become a member today.

sighs deeply ....

Perhaps it should be changed to "Members will not see the above ad. Instead, they will see different ads, and giant cockroaches on the monitors and be promised lies. They will also be asked to help donate money to fund literacy, although 90% of the posts on here require a PhD to understand, we've decided to help grown men read at a 3rd grade level and knowing that they will never see this site, or if they do, they will start posts such as"I am a demonhunter and was wondering if.." "

I mean, I'm not slammin this place, but I really gotta say that as of late, it's been getting kind of quiet around here. I mean, there was the "Big Announcement" coming, the thread was taking off like wildfire, then when the "big announcement" came, the thread almost came to a dead stop for a while. It seemed like everyone just kind of went,"huh??", then slowly replies started coming in, but they lacked the level of enthusiasm as the previous ones. I mean, c'mon..."a campaign to fund global literacy"?? Boring! A good intention, but not a real "grabber". I mean, if you guys REALLY wanted to do something awesome and helpfull, why not a fund to help out soldiers families that are overseas serving? That would probably generate alot more than a literacy campaign...But it is still good intentioned, I guess..

Anyrate, I'll be awaiting my Free Ipod. Please dont let this turn into a class action suit. Just step up, give me my ipod, and post a disclaimer so you will be covered in the future...

And for godsake..We need something big to happen. Things have been way to quiet. Posts are putting me to sleep! We need some news. Oh well.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I aint got no "bug" here

Am i missing out on something

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Hit the Bug
Shoot the Enemy
Kill the Ninja
Make a Basket
Kill the Alien

I've done them all, and still no free iPod. Sorry, but I don't think it's in the cards.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed on the "shoot the bug" ads that you do not need to chase the bug with the crosshairs. Try to avoid the bug, and it will chase the "crosshairs" to be shot.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I don't see any "hit the bug" ads!!!

Not fair

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I don't care for the bug crawling across my screen either. I had avoided clicking on it until I read this thread and wondered what the bug guts looked like. The bug ad almost makes me wish I hadn't clicked on some other point and click ads that almost seemed like a game. I wonder if anyone considered that bugs are considered revolting by many humans.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I've disabled the "Free iPod" ads from delivery on ATS (there may be some stragglers).

If there are other excessively annoying ads, with too much chaos going on, it would be helpful if you could discover the advertiser... that way I can also disable those.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
UPDATE: There's a 1-3 hour delay with changes to accepted ad campaigns... give the change some time to take effect.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I don't see any of these ads. I'm wondering....I stay in "My Recent" all the time as there are some forums I have no interest in (chit chat, aircraft secret societies).....could that be why? Hmmmm, I'm gonna hit "new posts" and see....

Ok...when I go to "New Posts" there is an ad along the side about a survey......I guess that's what you guys are talking about....side ads?

[edit on 2/27/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hmmm I have not seen 1 bug yet.....conspiracy??
Where is the bug, wahhhhhhhhhh

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hmm, just got a "shoot the cockroach" instead of "hit the bug" ad, same general style, and still advertisising a free iPod. Points to incentiverewardcenter.com...

EDIT: It was actually cockroach, not bug.

[edit on 3/1/05 by para]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That cockroach ad is gross. I cannnot imagine how that ad would attract anyone. So glad there are no roaches here where I live-

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I spend a lot of time on this site and I have to say the only ad I ever notice is the pop-up ad that comes up if my cookies have been deleted and I'm not signed in. I know that's bad news for advertisers, but it's the truth.

[edit on 05/3/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The only ads I see are the Google ads on the right side. Im surfin good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join