It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... today I got punched in the face at work

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: gallop

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Nobody told you about those islanders? Somebody should have told you. At least you admit that it was your fault and you had no business talking to people that way. (Both times)

He shouldn’t have punched you of course. He’ll prob get fired unless you go speak up for him. Either way, you both owe eachother a beer.

Huh? A maori/islander deserves to get away with things for... reasons? Owes him a beer?

lol

what is this, swift and shift?
Op plainly said that the guy was working on his phone, when op starts cussing at him, and then later said it is not his job to call out his coworkers.

I also said, the guy should not have punched OP.

Op started this fight. Islander finished it. Equally to blame. Either fire them both, or let them make up. Those would be my options.

Right... so you get to slack off because you're on your phone.

N o wonder you all have at will states.

I'd fire you in a moment.. And punching someone for saying you're a slacker? I'd call the cops.

You DO NOT get to punch someone for telling them to pull their finger out.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Also, he can say what he wants, that is still NO reason for violence. Take that up with HR.

You all, "he said bad fings deserved a punch, but dat boy need fired.."

are insane..

You don't get to be physically abusive in the workplace, no matter the cause, even if it's someone hurting your feelers.

edit on 19-12-2018 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So much of this thread is "You deserved it!"...

If telling a co-worker they're being slack means they deserve to be physically assaulted, I am at a loss.

If words make physical violence OK, damn... no wonder SJW think they're in the right.

You have a supervisor to whom you may file your complaints about your co-worker and do it like an accountable person with some guts....don't feel you have a reason to verbally assault and berate then directly threaten a co-worker.
ACCEPT ACCOUNTABILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.....this is what YOU DESERVED IT means.....no one DESERVES to be assaulted....no one DESERVES TO BE VERBALLY ASSAULTED EITHER....in this story an initial verbal assault by a predator looking for a victim escalated into heightened more aggressive profanity laden derogatory verbal assault....then in response the victim defended himself against a surely IMPENDING ATTACK by relying on his natural fight or flight response and giving the offender a free pop.....the man who threw the punch had every reason to believe that the next step in escalation by the aggressor would include bodily harm and possibly death...IMHO its a good thing the guy didn't pick something up and crush the dome of the man in front of him....my Grandpa told me its not a crime if you get scared and do something but it is if you aren't scared and can plan a defense or retreat.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
No supervisor? That might be the job you need to go for now, seeing how there is not one or the current one is asleep at the wheel and not doing their job.

No cameras to view the other employee sitting for so long, doing nothing?

Witnesses?

Would contact the owner of the company first...and go over what happened and where the supervisor was and why you did not complain to the supervisor foreman...

Try and wiggle your way into a promotion, without looking like you are a troublemaker.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I’ll bet he has a completely different story.

You didn’t mention a witness.

This might be called mutual combat.

I’ll bet he says you swung first.

Everything I have told you is the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth. That is my life. I hate liars with a passion. When you contradict me, you become the liar, and that is WhyYouAreHere. Maybe we can get together sometime. You can bring between 10-50 thousand cash with you. I will pull it out of my checking right now, ands we will wager. Ill take your money right now. What is it you want to see? That's why I threw the pictures of the cars up. To shut up people just like you. What is it you want news paper articles? What is it

That is my life. Maybe you are jealous too.

If you live in California maybe you can come over and see for yourself, and then march your ass back on here and inform everyone that you made a big mistake, and you are actually the liar. You can at that time offer a true heart felt apology to me in front of everyone. Got it?

I think I may have answered to the wrong post. If so, Im sorry. I think it may have been the doctor dude calling me a liar
edit on 19-12-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
a reply to: visitedbythem

No offense but I read a lot of your posts, and you come up with some pretty big woppers.

In short, I think you like to tell stories, this thread wasnt about you, it was about someone else, why make it about you? I mean i get you like to "brag" but ????

He was jealous . I guess I was kind of a show off and he didn't like it. I drove my 1930 cherry Burgundy maroon Model A ford with a rumble seat and gray velvet interior to class a couple times, and my 1971 Cherry Chevelle hot rod, and my 4 wheel drive Suburban, and I "dressed to kill" in slick clothing, real alligator boots... You get the picture.

BS why would he be jealous?

Everyone I had told looked at me looked at me in a different way, many with an awe or fear. Even my best friends and mate.

BS

So then the Police came to my door. Detectives. They said " We need you to help us. We need you to testify that this guy was a real bad dude, and we had to shoot him".

More BS theres no reason they would come to you, someone totally unconnected other than an altercation weeks before.

They said oh yeah we did. He was in court that morning on 2 charges. One was hitting you, and the other was for a drive by shooting from the car.

Again BS , he wouldnt be in court for assault on you unless you pressed charges. And if he was there for a drive by shooting, he wouldnt have been free to roam around he would be detained, not roaming around to be shot later.

She escaped and brought back the boys in blue. He attacked the cop who was cuffing his brother, kicking him into a chain link fence and was shot by the partner and commanded to stay down. He answered OK, but jumped up again and went at the officer. The cop emptied his service pistol right into his chest.

Oh come on man

Everything I have told you is true.

If this is true than Im an alien with supernatural powers

again no offense but then you make 3 more posts that are about you and not the OPs situation, to show off your car? Come on man

See the post above? That's for you, not him.

Sorry Why!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Absolutely 100% correct from a corporate standpoint.

But from a guy who has witnessed workplace injuries - attended to them first hand because I am a first responder,
Safety is my first priority and will call someone out on it to their face if they are doing something that could potentially lead to an injury. Even at home, the same thing.
And I will always practice what I preach.
I have a motto that I always say to my guys;
Work like you would if your kids were on the job with you.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered
You know something? I forgive you either way, but if you are a truly honest gentleman, you will get up here and apologize.

Posted Oct 7, 1996 at 12:01 AM
Updated Jan 7, 2011 at 4:52 PM

      

For the fourth time in two years, the Stockton City Council today will be
asked to pay a six-figure sum to settle a lawsuit alleging police misconduct.
City Attorney R. Thomas Harris recommends the city pay $523,500 to 12
plaintiffs to settle two lawsuits connected with the fatal shooting by police
of Burt Francisco Sabalboro, 25. The city would admit no liability.
We feel it is an appropriate resolution of the matter, Harris said.
An officer shot the unarmed Sabalboro in April 1994 during an altercation that
erupted after police responded to a report of an attempted carjacking near
Myrtle Avenue and Filbert Street. The lawsuit alleges that after the shooting,
police locked in holding cells people who were at the scene, including young
children.
Police said Sabalboro was shot after he attacked an officer, but other
witnesses said police hit him first.
Sabalboros two children will get the majority of the settlement award, said
Assistant City Attorney Cynthia Neely. Maria Sabalboro, 8, will receive
$227,300. Her younger brother Nicholas Guerrero will get $181,800. Neely said
Sabalboros brother Robert Legg and his mother, Martha Legg, will split
$90,900.
The rest of the settlement money will be used to resolve a separate lawsuit by
Angelo Golde and his family, who were placed in holding cells after the
incident. Eight family members will split $23,500: Golde; his children Angela,
Delila and Priscilla; his sister Sophia Herrera; his sister-in-law Veronica
Herrera; and his sister-in-laws children Christina Cervantes and Anthony
Fonsela.
Goldes attorney, Patrick Piggot, said his clients were standing on the porch
or inside the house when police arrived and that they took no part in the
altercation. In fact, he said Golde tried to calm down a youth who had started
the fight with officers.
He said police told him it was routine to hold witnesses for questioning.
My response was, It wouldnt be in my neighborhood, Piggot said. In
my neighborhood, had there been a crime out in the street, you arent going to
round me and my neighbors up.
Harris declined to talk about details in the case because the settlement had
not been approved by the City Council.
Vice Mayor Floyd Weaver would not speak specifically about the Sabalboro case,
but he said he has objected to settlements in the past. Too often, Weaver
said, attorneys recommend paying claims because litigation would be too
expensive.
The Police Department has been hit by a string of large claims in the past 16
months

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well, since the day shift union rep (who's got a really big mouth) was there when it happened. It turns out that everyone in the factory ended up hearing about it.

Apparently, it turned into a Chinese whispers kind of scenario and all kinds of rumours were being passed around.

Anyway, the production manager told the arvo & night shift supervisors to get us into a room and see if we can all agree there was simply an argument where one person may have overstepped the line... Since, if there's an allegation of an argument that results in physical violence, which gets officially reported to anyone higher than a supervisor, then the most likely result will be that both employees will lose their job.

So obviously we both agreed there was an 'argument', which has been settled and we didn't want to take it any further.

Just another day!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

They just played you

PS ==> Steel mill Shop Operations Supervisor 28 years

Non Union

Someone on here will say Im lying about that too

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Could you please tell us more about your awesome life and your great stuff, like that rad van!!

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

So obviously we both agreed there was an 'argument', which has been settled and we didn't want to take it any further.

This is good news! A Merry Christmas to all! I hope you two get together for a New Years beer, or two, and become friends.

edit on 19-12-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Me, personally I would of just left the guy alone regarding the fact he is taking his sweet ass time at his job unless it directly affect what your doing.

The safety thing I can understand, even though he took it as a threat. But you could always tell him if he doesn't take care in what he doing, it ether you, or your boss that will be dealing with him.

Especially if your co worker got hit by a moving vehicle..I'm pretty sure they'd crucify the guy in the name of insurance on the spot.
edit on 19-12-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Could you please tell us more about your awesome life and your great stuff, like that rad van!!

I sold it before I bought my antique motorcycles from the 40s amd 50s. The front view is better. Ill see what I can do later

Wanna punch me yet?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

They just played you

Wouldn't of made any difference even if they were playing me.

End of the day, I was never going to make an official statement and demand his job anyway... I'll just keep busting my arse everynight, pulling off more work than 2 or even 3 regular workers would.

If that's not enough to get karma on my side... Well then to bad for me!

Such is life.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If there was ever an analogy about the middle class and entitlement spending..

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Wanna punch me yet?

Of course not! I'm proud of my roles in Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul and over 100 feature and indy movies.

You have probably seen me but didn't know it. I used to buy stuff too, but it doesn't define who I am. My work does though...

Union Proud

www.sagaftra.org...
edit on 19-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Nobody told you about those islanders? Somebody should have told you. At least you admit that it was your fault and you had no business talking to people that way. (Both times)

He shouldn’t have punched you of course. He’ll prob get fired unless you go speak up for him. Either way, you both owe eachother a beer.

Huh? A maori/islander deserves to get away with things for... reasons? Owes him a beer?

lol

what is this, swift and shift?
Op plainly said that the guy was working on his phone, when op starts cussing at him, and then later said it is not his job to call out his coworkers.

I also said, the guy should not have punched OP.

Op started this fight. Islander finished it. Equally to blame. Either fire them both, or let them make up. Those would be my options.

Right... so you get to slack off because you're on your phone.

N o wonder you all have at will states.

I'd fire you in a moment.. And punching someone for saying you're a slacker? I'd call the cops.

You DO NOT get to punch someone for telling them to pull their finger out.
OP said dude was working on his phone!! Try some reading comprehension.
edit on 19-12-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...damn...couldn’t have happened to a finer fella...

Couldn’t be you deserved it...could it now...?

Hmmm...?

YouSir

Yeah, like you are doing right now? Come on man. Were do we draw the line? I guess in your opinion I should hjave fed a hot lunch to the guy that hit me > You know, the guy hit me, that I had never even spoken to.....

No, It wasn't my place, nor my job. I left it to the boys in blue. Just because I have the most powerful production hand gun on the planet, doesn't mean I use it on somebody who mouths off or offends me, or even takes a swing. Just because he is more muscular doesn't give him the right to grind Sub into the dust, weather I agree with his posts on here or not. What if everybody behaved like that. Gentlemen don't do that

Ummm...I just had to quote this weird ass crap in it’s entirety...

WTF did I just read...?

You seriously need to take your meds dude...matter of fact...take a double dose...

WOW...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

They just played you

Wouldn't of made any difference even if they were playing me.

End of the day, I was never going to make an official statement and demand his job anyway... I'll just keep busting my arse everynight, pulling off more work than 2 or even 3 regular workers would.

If that's not enough to get karma on my side... Well then to bad for me!

Such is life.

Ive had time to consider your situation in further detail. It may be best that you did what you did. You have to consider your personal safety, and that of your family. His display of behavior says it all. I want you to be at peace with your decision. I also want to council you to stay clear of him, and do not say anything that might bring about a replay of this event. The guy is an unintelligent ox.

furthermore, I want to apologize to you for polluting your thread with arrogant talk about myself. It was wrong. Excuses kind of stink, but here it is......
Ive been sick, and had 4 shots of Cognac last night, with a few beer chasers. Even so, I shouldn't have behaved like I did. I hate liars and being called one this morning sent me into a rage.

You are going to be ok. It is just a humbling experience. I think you did the right thing. Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join