It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administartion bans bump stocks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm okay with this. I don't think this leads to gun grabs or anything. It's just a bump stock.

And as for the Dems...Obama and Clinton didn't take anyone's guns away.

I can see where you're saying it's a slippery slope..and first they start with this etc. But I don't see it that way. I think this is common sense Gun control.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Why?

What sense does it make?

So people who are criminals are going to start obeying the law now?

They'll want to do a mass shooting then say to themselves, "Hey! Bump stocks are illegal, I should try origami instead"?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Getting rid of bumpstocks is not bad. We can't own fully automatic rifles or guns and bumpstocks are just ways of getting around the laws we already have on the books. We do not need bumpstocks or fully automatic weapons.

I will not back bumpstock legality but will fight for our right to own guns other than fully automatic weapons, I think our society should keep banning them. Can't people even aim these days?

Full Auto weapons aren't banned, they just require an ass load of paperwork and money to get the privilege of buying one, then the cost of the weapon itself is massive and nuts. Mostly rich collectors have them. But shooting a full auto, or using a bump stock is a bit pointless for anything other than wasting ammo, and putting lots of stray shots downrange. As was said, one shot, one kill is optimal. (I always double tap, you never know who is a zombie and who isn't.)

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Lumenari

You could have fooled me after the Las Vegas shooting, righties were up in arms over bump stocks around these parts. Now all of a sudden "no big deal". Lol, typical groveling at Trump's feet.

Why are you falling for msm talking points and pushing their division

Strange, for someone as impartial as you you always seek room to call out anyone ever posting anything negative about left wing or deep state corruption, yet have no problem pushing any story to attack trump

Almost like you are exactly as partisan as everyone you criticize.

Surely that can’t be the case!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why?

What sense does it make?

They'll want to do a mass shooting then say to themselves, "Hey! Bump stocks are illegal, I should try origami instead"?

There has to be some laws of some kind somewhere. It would be great if we lived in a Utopian society where every family taught gun safety and respect, where people got the mental health treatment they needed before they snapped etc. But we don't live in a society like that, so in the mean time we have to pass laws to protect ourselves from those nut jobs. As we saw in Las Vegas, a bump stock and literally turn a rifle into an automatic weapon. I still don't see a problem with banning this?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

a reply to: Wayfarer

Liar.

Like you give a god-damn what he does to anyone who supports him.

Don't worry, your Hillary will probably run in 2020 and ban everything else.

I care more about you DBCowboy than I do about Trump, doesn't that mean anything to you!?!

But honestly, I feel bad for Conservatives right now because its a total 180 and just kind of boggles the mind that Trump would pick this hill to die on. Its literally one of the biggest issues for his supporters so I can't figure out for the life of me why he's all the sudden secretly (or perhaps not so secretly) jumped over to the liberals side on this....

can you show where the right was outraged over this? Hell, the NRA spoke to Trump after he talked nice to the left after Parkland, and I don't remember them doing anything about Bump stocks. It seems like the only ones who car about this is ya'll.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So if "laws" stop criminals from acting out, then why don't "laws" against murder stop criminals?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
im against this personally....

if there's anything the US needs is a way to carry more ammo.

doesn't make any sense giving potential shooters less time to reload or less capacity.... after all we've just surpassed death by car accidents with gun deaths... we re not going to beat natural diseases at this rate.

cancer looking very smug right now 🤨🤨

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Why?

What sense does it make?

There has to be some laws of some kind somewhere. It would be great if we lived in a Utopian society where every family taught gun safety and respect, where people got the mental health treatment they needed before they snapped etc. But we don't live in a society like that, so in the mean time we have to pass laws to protect ourselves from those nut jobs. As we saw in Las Vegas, a bump stock and literally turn a rifle into an automatic weapon. I still don't see a problem with banning this?

While the bump stock thing doesn't seem to be a big deal with those who understand firearms, the idea that passing laws make gun crime less, or makes thing safer is laughable. remember, Dealing Drugs, murder, Assault, Rape, and lots of other things are already illegal, yet crime still exists. It's almost as if the criminals aren't worried about what laws exist.......

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

doesn't make any sense giving potential shooters less time to reload or less capacity.... after all we've just surpassed death by car accidents with gun deaths... we re not going to beat natural diseases at this rate.

Umm......I don't think you grasp the situation at all.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Bump stocks are a stupid invention, and should've been banned long ago. However, it's also a pointless ban, because I can do the exact same thing as a bump stock with something permanently attached to my hand.

Overall, it's a part of common sense gun control. "Hey, this thing is capable of making guns more deadly? Let's maybe get rid of it, the gun is deadly enough as is." I love it.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

So if "laws" stop criminals from acting out, then why don't "laws" against murder stop criminals?

You're getting a little crazy there. Why have any laws then. And sell machine guns to whomever want's one. As well as surface to air rockets? Why an age restriction on Guns also? If laws don't stop criminals, then why have any?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

You do realizes bump stocks have nothing to do with capacity, right?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Why?

What sense does it make?

While the bump stock thing doesn't seem to be a big deal with those who understand firearms, the idea that passing laws make gun crime less, or makes thing safer is laughable. remember, Dealing Drugs, murder, Assault, Rape, and lots of other things are already illegal, yet crime still exists. It's almost as if the criminals aren't worried about what laws exist.......

My point is that we should have some laws of some kind. If not, then why have any laws at all. Why ban hand grenades? Why have background checks?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don’t like it. I think the reason “some” are not quite as moved by this right now is that IT IS NOT REACTIONARY. But why? Why all the sudden ban a gun mod?
If Trump didn’t get something out of this deal I will be a little more angered. Right now I’m just kinda scratching my head. I own a few scary black guns, but have never wanted to drop a couple hundred on a bump to waste more bullets.
edit on 18-12-2018 by TexasTruth because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You're getting a little crazy there. Why have any laws then. And sell machine guns to whomever want's one. As well as surface to air rockets? Why an age restriction on Guns also? If laws don't stop criminals, then why have any?

Instead of banning more things that will be ignored by criminals anyway, why not make laws that increase the punishment?

If you're all for laws, then let people arm themselves however they see fit, just make it an instant death penalty for any crime where a firearm was used.

This "banning" just criminalizes law abiding citizens.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
Bump stocks are a stupid invention, and should've been banned long ago. However, it's also a pointless ban, because I can do the exact same thing as a bump stock with something permanently attached to my hand.

Overall, it's a part of common sense gun control. "Hey, this thing is capable of making guns more deadly? Let's maybe get rid of it, the gun is deadly enough as is." I love it.

Christ.

More "common sense gun control" bullcrap.

Bullets make guns moar deadly too!

Just ban those!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Why?

What sense does it make?

My point is that we should have some laws of some kind. If not, then why have any laws at all. Why ban hand grenades? Why have background checks?

I agree we definitely need laws

Again, I have no problem with this law, but think it will be easily worked around by a true psycho intent on murder

To go further with your point, what is the point of havingaws if they aren’t enforced

Obama’s admin only prosecuted something like 5 percent of all people they found illegally trying to buy guns

This means criminals are rarely punished for breaking gun laws, but law abiders are the only ones who have to face these restrictions

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Why?

What sense does it make?

The point is, laws only work on the law abiding folks. And largely, gun owners seem to follow the laws, or this would be the wild west. So limiting my ability to protect myself would be bad. Bump stocks aren't a necessity in that department. Lots of people worry about the slippery slope aspect, but I feel a few things could change, but nothing before Mental Health gets a fair shake. If it was up to me anyhow.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Why?

What sense does it make?

I would argue that the laws in place do deter SOME people. I personally know several people who live in Colorado and would've never touched marijuana prior to legalization. Now though...they're nearly daily users.

Extrapolate that, I'm sure there are people who have refrained from doing all of the crimes you mentioned strictly because of the possible punishment. I'm not saying every criminal will obey laws. But some would-be criminals will second guess breaking the law.
Not to mention, making something illegal does make it harder to get. Impossible? No. But definitely harder. I couldn't begin to tell you where to go to buy an illegal firearm. Or heroin. Or even someone who still sells marijuana illegally. Legal guns, opioids, and marijuana though? Any adult can easily direct you to where to get them.
Bottom line: making something illegal does make it more difficult to get. How much more difficult is up for debate, but overall, it can't be argued that it makes it more difficult.

ETA: Common sense gun control measures like this are (relative to other options) an incredibly cheap way to help enforce a law. If this type of thing cost hundreds of millions of dollars, with little to show for it, I would be against it.
edit on 18-12-2018 by narrator because: eta.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join