It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Old Band Audioflood, and the Origin of My Avatar

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Obviously, I'm not trying to promote anything. I was in this band 15+ years ago. We have long since broken up. I thought it would be fun to recap where I come from and why you see my avatar. I'm a drummer. My old band was called Audioflood. Just before "Audioslave", lol. We hated that. I recently received a huge cache of video, audio and pics from my old bass player. Hence why I'm able to share this now.

The vocals were always what I thought our weakness, I wanted a female singer but the other two members objected. The bass player was the better singer of the two, IMO. I did back-ups rarely. Just focus on the MUSIC. There was a lot of talent here. The bass player was boss, and he also added super cool sound effects/loops of audio from "Twin Peaks". The guitarist was great, IMO. Take what you want from the drums. :p

Here is a good video where we played a show on a Monday night, with a SUPER LOW turnout. This was often the case with us. We had 2 sets this night, but I'm sharing set 2 first because from a drummer's perspective, it was better than the first. I'll share the second as well.

Now, on to my avatar.. I was dating a cute chick at the time whom wanted to be an actress, lol. But she was an amateur photographer at the time. Actually, we just worked together at a call center at the time, but she really did take good pics. The B&W pic of me that you see of me was taken on the day this next video was shot. We actually created a new song because of her. You don't have to watch the whole video to understand the context, either. It's in the very beginning of this video. You can watch the whole thing, it's pretty great, but it's right there. We wrote the song "Behind the Scenes Actress", all due to the happenings on this day by the cute photographer whom wanted to be an actress.

Anyway. That's the story of my avatar. If you wanna see more, there are more videos from my youtube channel. Yeah, those links are from MY channel, which I've never used till now when I got these vids recently.

Oh, and here's the first set from that very low turn-out show from the venue called "The Gardens" back in the day!

edit on 16-12-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Lol. This is just as fitting as some of our shows were. Zero turnout! Kk fine ATS! (Stop the ads Geeeze). Anyway ok fine! We sucked.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Dude good stuff!
Just finished the first video and am to the second.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

It is early morning and I'm going to bed soon, but will certainly listen to your vids tomorrow Wookiep.

edit on 17-12-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Lol. This is just as fitting as some of our shows were. Zero turnout! Kk fine ATS! (Stop the ads Geeeze). Anyway ok fine! We sucked.

I am listening, got a good sound going right off the bat.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Thats pretty cool you got to be in Audioslave back in the day beforen they became famous man, I was never aware that Audioslave was once called Audioflood. My best friend is obsessed with Soundgarden, he's gonna love this.

Hey, I'm just screwing around man but I don't care if you were ever famous or not, I'm a little jealous of anyone who got to spend a portion of their life making or playing music.

And I think your story is more common than some might think. There are a lot of talented musicians out there who do not get noticed. The music industry often rewards mediocrity and renders true talent to obscurity.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Lol thanks man. Great post.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Really enjoyed listening to you play wookiep! Thank you for sharing and keep on rockin'!

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Really enjoyed listening to you play wookiep! Thank you for sharing and keep on rockin'!

Thanks Night Star! I like your avatar and I hope you have a very merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Thank you and wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think it's great that you document your past in this manner. This kind of information is important to record and preserve for future generations. I do that myself with all the 40 years worth of audio recordings of bands I've been in and that I've been uploading to the Internet Archve.org. I can sympathise with low audience turnout. I once played a gig where there were more people onstage, the four members of my band, compared to one couple and a bartender out front.

And I can even top that! I once was in a band that was hired to play at the state fair. We were to be the entertainment after a demolition derby. We watched as the derby finished and EVERY SINGLE CAR left the fairgrounds. Not one person stuck around to listen to the band! Matter of fact, the fairground officials who had hired us must have left with the crowd because we ended up being locked inside the fairgrounds. It took us a while to find somebody to let us out. Kind of a Spinal Tap moment.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Great music, Great pic !
LOL, So did the cute girl, that was an amateur photographer ever become an actress ? You remind me of a young Walter Becker from Steely Dan, only cuter.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Thanks Mountain Laurel! Unfortunately, she did not..She's too shy! Lol. And thank you!
Made my day.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Can't embed this, don't know how, the youtube string is super long. One of my brother's put this on his channel a few years ago. I was searching around in the garage and found this old tape. A song me and some friends made back in like 1992 or so. I guess I was about 13, or 14. Only barely knew how to play drums, and the "band" lasted about a day lol. Funny to look back on though, needs preservation.

Very old song, one of the first from my youth
edit on 24-5-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25190965]Wookiep[/post
You are a great drummer, sadly the rest of the band didn’t cut it for me.

edit on 1-6-2021 by Robbo2006 because: Woops

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Robbo2006

Hey, thanks for embedding that video lol. I never did get that figured out. Appreciate your post!

edit on 1-6-2021 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join