It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some photos I took last night (02/25)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Last night I was out and about with my camera. I wanted to take pictures of airplanes at night and see how they would look. By no means am I a good photographer and much of what can be seen I think is probably just my shaky hand. Mainly I wanted to have them on file for comparison to UFO pictures that I come across.
I must of taken about 30 pictures in all but three of them I really wanted to show everyone.
I have not done anything to doctor the photos. I have resized them and cropped and zoomed into some parts of the photos. I will give links to the original sized pictures, some of you may want to zoom into them on your own computer. At the time of taking the pictures I seen nothing unusual.

img.photobucket.com...
I thought it looked just like a black triangle, but it is only a plane.

I wont say all black triangle photos are just planes but I just wanted to remind everyone that photos are deceiving.

img.photobucket.com...
Another photo of a plane. Thats the moon at the top right.

This also looks like a black triangle but it was indeed a plane. You will have to click the link to see it in the full size photo. It is in the middle of the picture.

This is the blue on the bottom right, it was not a plane. I don't know the light source but I think this was made by my shaky hands.

img.photobucket.com...
This was still from taking pictures of planes. I really have no idea what the line is. All these photos were taken on top of a pedestrian overpass. there was nothing buy sky above me. Perhaps someone here knows more about photography and can help to identify this anomie.

Thanks if you took the time to analyze these photos. I also got some pics of orbs that night as well. Later on I will post them on the paranormal board for discussion.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Are you sure it was a plane, are you sure you didn’t accidentally snap a black triangle.

It's a good example though.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That line looks like a cable. If you were on a overpass the cable would have been on your level, you may not have noticed it say if you were zooming in. what kind of camera did you use?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The black triangles many people report about on are those that are very near to the ground and are unmistakably wingless flying craft. Though I'm sure that some do report light triads at high altitude not realizing what they are seeing is conventional aircraft.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
kode, you may be right it could be a cable. I never thought of that. All the pictures were no less than a 25 degree angle. Lower than that and I will be getting a lot of the city lights and I think that any cables were below me. I will head back to that location during day light when I can (It takes me about an hour to get there thanks to the crappy city transit). I'll load up a few day time shots of the area so everyone will have a better perspective of where I was. I might be able to get to it during the week (crosses fingers).

Frith, I agree. I will believe a report over a photo anytime. I was trying to point out that photos can not always be what people claim they are.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
good observation
does this mean then that all the black triangles could actually be planes? Why has noone noticed planes can look like this before?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thanks george54075407, but by no means would this discredit all the black triangle sightings. Perhaps some could of just been regular aircraft. When I took the picture I seen the plane. Perhaps some people who claim to have pictures of black triangles are only trying to decieve.

kode, my camera is a Fujifilm digital camera, FinePix A203. 3x optical zoom and 2.0 mega pixels.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
yes i agree.

Maybe you should go out there and take a few more shots of planes at night. I know i will be tonight

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Gots to be careful with digicams. They try to autofocus and do goofy things, especially in low light. They open up apertures and exposures thereby saturating the collectors on the CCD. White balance goes to hell so front and wing lights on a plane with above mentioned problems could easily look like the dreaded black triangle.

If you saw it and snapped it and have some decent reference items (trees buildings, horizon, etc.), then you got something. So far nice shots that show all the really bad limitations of digicams at night....

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
UofCinLA if you think that is a good example of bad limitations of digicams at night. You should see my pictures on this thread.

I really want to get a better camera for doing these sorts of things. Mine works good for taking pictures of the kids but its crappy for picking up things in the night sky.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
UFO`s have observed you before you`v seen them.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Umbrax, I was wondering about the zoom as sometimes you can get a clear shot of something in the foreground and a blurry background. I have a Panasonic dv camera with 800,000 pixels CCD 15x optical zoom 600x digital zoom. To be honest i don’t really know what all that means other then i know it's got a good zoom on it, but to use it properly you need a tripod. Without the tripod zooming in on objects in the distance can be hard unless you have a steady hand, any movement can cause the object to go out of focus or distort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by blackSt33L
UFO`s have observed you before you`v seen them.

And how exactly do you know this?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
im not sure if anyone knows this but im just asking in case but would a camera phone have any different effects on planes/ the moon at night?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yes, a camera phone would have a difference on planes, etc at night. Most camera phones are not good enough to take photos in low light condition, and their quality is well below that of digital cameras.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Yes, a camera phone would have a difference on planes, etc at night. Most camera phones are not good enough to take photos in low light condition, and their quality is well below that of digital cameras.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

thanks i think i got a digital camera somewhere upstairs.
And il have a go with a camera phone
il let you know when i snap a pic!

top topics

join