It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan skyscraper fire: Still Standing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...#

Last Updated: Saturday, 26 February, 2005, 16:33 GMT

Air rescue from Taiwan tower fire

Footage of the drama was shown on Taiwan television
Fire raged through the upper floors of a landmark skyscraper in the Taiwanese city of Taichung, killing four before fire crews managed to put it out.
Helicopters winched nine people from the roof of the 25-storey Golden Plaza Tower in the centre of the island's third city as smoke swirled up.

The fire began at about 1600 (0800 GMT), apparently in a disco on the 18th floor, and spread quickly.

Its still standing also.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Your point, obviously is?
Can name you a ton of "skyscrapers" that have had fires and are "still standing."
Oh wait, thats right, they weren't hit by a speeding airliner either. Opppsss!

seekerof

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
While i am suspicious about the THREE collapses of WTC on 911, Towers in Taiwan and pacific rim are built sturdier because they are in earthquake regions. Sort of comparing apples to oranges [not that the big apple thing may not be rotten].

WTC was more inexpensively built because its main stress considerations were, i believe, wind.

Am i downwind of a BS seeker?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
slank:

Am i downwind of a BS seeker?

Dude, your cool with me. We may differ in views on certain matters, but I hold no grudges. Everything is okie dokie between you and I and will remain that way, despite our differences of opinons or views.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Add to one of the existing threads

Thread closed

top topics

join