It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Bethesda went wrong

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
For all new video games..
Quality content > flashy graphics

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: supermarket2012

Well it’s good to hear that they fixed some issues.
I’ve read all the twitter crap from people freaking out about how bugged the game was.
Also even read how a burlap sack made people go ape crap.
Apparently the pre order said you would get a burlap sack. But what the people got instead was a nylon sack.
They went nuts.
But word is bethesda is going to send out the original as promised burlap, to make good.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thank you. I appreciate you linking me in, but I think I'm set on the system. I grew up on the ST and the nostalgic value is almost a source of romanticism for me. Just looking at pictures online makes my heart melt.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

I could never afford it when I was a kid but always wanted an Amiga, the original one but the ST actually won out in the war between the two system's despite inferior specifications (they both used the 68000 at first and later iteration's of the same chip later on as there CPU) because it was cheaper and while it's on board sound was also inferior the ST had a midi interface which made it a hit with musician's.
Also later on it became more common sense to have an ST as while they both had plenty of software the ST had far more and was cheaper than the Amiga version of the software as well.
You know the world could have looked very different, the Original Amiga concept was not as a computer but as a game's console before commodore bought it up - turned it into a PC and ramped up the price astronomically above what the inventor had intended to sell his machine for originally - it was too far ahead of it's time and the launch market for such a console was non existent at the time, also it did not have a killer game to launch with which was a trade trick for the successful console company's of the time.
As you know the ST was a result of a former commodore guy buying Atari AFTER he ran commodore into the ground and then building up that company, all about shares and making money I am afraid but they were both great machines despite the board room guy's and there squabbles and the ST was by far the more successful of the two, the more affordable and the more beloved of musician's thanks' to that midi port as standard.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting.

The Amiga was awesome. I never had one, but the kids that did were envied. It did feel like a console.

Dad was always kind of a techy, gadget guy. Used to leave creepy messages to us on the ST, using a HAL9000 synthesiser. We were lucky enough to always have fairly upto date machines to play with.

I'll never forget The Killing Game Show, Robokid, Nightmare, Llamatron. Real games. Games you bought once. Games you didn't complete in an hour.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
After the Fallout 76 debacle... watch for EA to buy out Bethesda.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Noooo don't say that!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join