It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Inaugration Paid Trump's company with Ivanka in the Middle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Lumenari

Typical rightist response to anything even remotely incriminating against Trump and his family. Either deflect or act as if it's not a big deal and/or that if it triggers liberals it's actually a good thing.

If it were Hillary you'd be up in arms, but Trump? "The media says mean things about him so he's innocent!"

“Incriminating”

Not even remotely.

Nice try though.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Looks like Obama triggered you guys so much for 8 years that it resulted in irreparable brain damage to the point where you all but worship a man like Trump. Sad when people look the other way from corruption only because you've been conditioned by the media to think a certain way.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

WSJ?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Let me know when there's an actual investigation.

Until then it's just an Internet reporter jabbering.

Oh puh-leeze!

We don't do "investigations" in the US of A any more.

We're a Banana Republic!

We make accusations and then publicly assassinate the victim.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Let me point something out here, since it actually tells more of the real story here. This investigation is talking about donor dollars... money which has snip-all to do with the everyday taxpayer. What does have a lot to do with the everyday taxpayer, however, is this...

www.thestreet.com...

Trump will be sworn in as the 45th President of the United States in Washington, D.C. on Friday in what he said will be an "astronomical" event. Among the thousands of people expected to be in attendance will be former Presidents Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Jimmy Carter as well as the Obamas and Trump's former Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

"From what I'm hearing, the numbers are going to be astronomical," Trump told Fox News' Ainsley Earhardt in an interview earlier this week.

Washington's expenses for the inauguration are expected to be about $30 million, said an official with D.C. Homeland Security, with anticipated crowds of 800,000 to 900,000 attendees.

That's big, but only about half the size of Obama's inauguration in 2009.

President Obama's first inauguration cost Washington, D.C. a total of $63.4 million, according to the city's Department of Transportation. The event drew a crowd of 1.8 million, due in large part to the historic nature of America swearing in its first black president.

Trump's inauguration saved the tax payers over $30 Million... How his inauguration donations were spent, frankly, doesn't mean jack snip to any of us unless we were left holding some additional costs over it (which we were not.) Nice try, though.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Trump's inauguration saved the tax payers over $30 Million

Yeah. My ex saved a lot of money. The more she spent, the more she saved. Just ask her.

But knowing where those contributions came from and how they were actually spent (or not) seems relevant.

edit on 12/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Sad when people look the other way from corruption only because you've been conditioned by the media to think a certain way.

You are literally defining why the Democrats are even competitive in large parts of this country, particularly middle class, minority, and working class areas.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

This investigation is talking about donor dollars... money which has snip-all to do with the everyday taxpayer.

For what purpose was it donated?

edit on 12/14/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

WSJ?

I see the question mark.
Are you asking if I want a subscription?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No, no, you misunderstand. By spending $33 million less in tax dollars than his predecessor, on his inauguration, the tax payer actually did save $33 million. I;m sorry your ex was addicted to retail therapy, but I am assuming you are not Ivana or Marla Maples, meaning your ex has nothing to do with President Trump.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

No, more subtle.
I'm asking if you will accept them as a source as to the existence of an investigation.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Show me where the donors are complaining, please. If you're going to take the route of "why did they donate" then it's reasonable to assume the donors are the ones with beef. I'll happily wait for you to find a jilted donor.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

meaning your ex has nothing to do with President Trump.

Not that I know of.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Re: Trump cashing in on his election:

"If I'm elected president, I'm accepting no salary."
-Donald Trump

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Hm. This is probably neither here nor there, just an interesting point.

The Obama's attended 10 official inauguration balls, while the Trump's attended only three.

But let's give them the benefit of the doubt. His bone spurs were probably acting up.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Re: Trump cashing in on his election:

"If I'm elected president, I'm accepting no salary."
-Donald Trump

First President in modern history to see his net worth drop considerably while in the office, and he's called the guy who's trying to profit from the presidency... The jokes about Le Resistance really do write themselves, don't they?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Obama was 47 at inauguration, Trump was 70.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

First President in modern history to see his net worth drop considerably while in the office,
Really? The first? According to whom?
What was Trump's baseline based upon, other than his claims?
edit on 12/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Do you really not have a problem if Trump embezzled funds donated supposedly to help his campaign, and instead channeled them into his own pocket?

I guess you celebrated when Trump Universities embezzled all those students out of their money too?

Or when the Trump organisation commits fraud to evade paying taxes?

Proof of tax fraud please.
Until then, you don’t have a goddamn clue as to what you are talking about.
So the IRS has just looked the other way all these years for Trump?

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Show me where the donors are complaining, please. If you're going to take the route of "why did they donate" then it's reasonable to assume the donors are the ones with beef. I'll happily wait for you to find a jilted donor.

FYI:

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan are looking into whether President Trump's inaugural committee misspent funds or accepted donations in exchange for access to the administration, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

The Journal reported that many of the president's biggest campaign supporters were contributors to his inaugural fund. Donating in exchange for political favors or using funds for purposes other than the inauguration could violate federal laws.

The news outlet, citing people familiar with the matter, reported that the investigation is in its early stages, and stemmed from materials obtained during an FBI raid on Michael Cohen.

www.wsj.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join