It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gay" Frogs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Think your frogs aren't being turned "gay" (transgendered) guess again! Note the term "gay" insty being used to inherently imply that the transgendered frogs are in fact gay, it's just that's the term we've "all" come to know the issue by ala Alex Jones.

But here's where the story came from:

Developmental Effects of Estrogenic Agents on Mice, Fish, and Frogs
Laboratory experiments have demonstrated that exposure of rodents to sex hormones during prenatal or early postnatal life can cause permanent and irreversible alterations of the endocrine and reproductive organs, such as ovary, fallopian tube, uterus, cervix, vagina, and mammary gland in females; and testis, epididymis, prostate, and seminal vesicle in males; as well as non reproductive organs including bones and muscle and immune and nervous systems in both sexes. Early development of Xenopus laevis into the tadpole and Fundulus heteroclitus goes through a rapid cell division, gastrulation, neurulation, and organogenesis within 1 week after fertilization. The developing embryo is very fragile and sensitive to estrogenic agents. Thus, these animals can be used as a suitable model for examining the effect of endocrine disruptors (hormonally active agents) on the development of aquatic living beings, which are most likely to be exposed to the compounds.

Bisphenol A in the Aquatic Environment and Its Endocrine-Disruptive Effects on Aquatic Organisms
Bisphenol A [BPA; 2,2-bis(4-hydroxyphenyl)propane], which is mainly used in the production of epoxy resins and polycarbonate plastics, is a known endocrine disruptor and is acutely toxic to aquatic organisms. Due to intensified usage of these products, exposure of organisms to BPA via several routes, such as the environment and food, has increased. The aquatic environment is an important area for the study of BPA. This report reviews the literature concerning contamination routes and degradation of BPA in the aquatic environment and its endocrine-disruptive effects on aquatic organisms.

Effects of the environmental estrogenic contaminants bisphenol A and 17α-ethinyl estradiol on sexual development and adult behaviors in aquatic wildlife species
Endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs), including the mass-produced component of plastics, bisphenol A (BPA) are widely prevalent in aquatic and terrestrial habitats. Many aquatic species, such as fish, amphibians, aquatic reptiles and mammals, are exposed daily to high concentrations of BPA and ethinyl estradiol (EE2), estrogen in birth control pills. In this review, we will predominantly focus on BPA and EE2, well-described estrogenic EDCs. First, the evidence that BPA and EE2 are detectable in almost all bodies of water will be discussed. We will consider how BPA affects sexual and neural development in these species, as these effects have been the best characterized across taxa. For instance, such chemicals have been in many cases reported to cause sex-reversal of males to females. Even if these chemicals do not overtly alter the gonadal sex, there are indications that several EDCs might demasculinize male-specific behaviors that are essential for attracting a mate. In so doing, these chemicals may reduce the likelihood that these males reproduce. If exposed males do reproduce, the concern is that they will then be passing on compromised genetic fitness to their offspring and transmitting potential transgenerational effects through their sperm epigenome. We will thus consider how diverse epigenetic changes might be a unifying mechanism of how BPA and EE2 disrupt several processes across species. Such changes might also serve as universal species diagnostic biomarkers of BPA and other EDCs exposure. Lastly, the evidence that estrogenic EDCs-induced effects in aquatic species might translate to humans will be considered.

So there it is: transgendered frogs via Bisphenol A [BPA] (synthetic estrogen) exposure.

Which by the way the environment from inside our houses to the local drainage ditches is often flooded with the stuff.

Global Assessment of Bisphenol A in the Environment
Because bisphenol A (BPA) is a high production volume chemical, we examined over 500 peer-reviewed studies to understand its global distribution in effluent discharges, surface waters, sewage sludge, biosolids, sediments, soils, air, wildlife, and humans. Bisphenol A was largely reported from urban ecosystems in Asia, Europe, and North America; unfortunately, information was lacking from large geographic areas, megacities, and developing countries. When sufficient data were available, probabilistic hazard assessments were performed to understand global environmental quality concerns. Exceedances of Canadian Predicted No Effect Concentrations for aquatic life were >50% for effluents in Asia, Europe, and North America but as high as 80% for surface water reports from Asia. Similarly, maximum concentrations of BPA in sediments from Asia were higher than Europe. Concentrations of BPA in wildlife, mostly for fish, ranged from 0.2 to 13 000 ng/g. We observed 60% and 40% exceedences of median levels by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey in Europe and Asia, respectively. These findings highlight the utility of coordinating global sensing of environmental contaminants efforts through integration of environmental monitoring and specimen banking to identify regions for implementation of more robust environmental assessment and management programs.

So of course the question becomes does synthetic estrogen in the environment, and in our bodies have an effect?

If you read Wikipedia the answer will be NO. But consider the following:

Arcelus et al have recently conducted a systematic review of research in this area that makes use of 12 studies providing prevalence data (or supplying information enabling it to be calculated)…. Arcelus et al reported prevalence figures of 4.6 transgender people in every 100,000 individuals (1 in every 21739 people), with 6.8 transgender women in every 100,000 birth-assigned males (1 in every 14706), and 2.6 transgender men in every 1000,000 birth-assigned females (1 in every 38461). womanmeanssomething.com...

Of the 135,367 likely transgender people who changed their names with the Social Security Administration, 65 percent were transgender men and 35 percent were transgender women. www.nytimes.com...

Estimate of U.S. Transgender Population Doubles to 1.4 Million Adults
About 1.4 million adults in the United States identify as transgender, double a widely used previous estimate, according to an analysis based on new federal and state data.

Other estimates put the ratio at 4 to 1 males / females. So why are there some nearly three times as many males as females?

Couldn't have anything to do with humans being dosed their entire lives with synthetic estrogen could it?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I did a thread on the Estrogen in the water years back. It has caused me to have man boobs, so I quit drinking water and just drink beer exclusively now.

On a side note, I am reminded of a gut bustingly funny vid of a chimp doing nasty things to a poor frog in a zoo. I wont post it here due to the godawfulness of it.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Let's see, the use of soy in cow feed increases the cows estrogen which is put into the milk. If done right, the milk industry does not need to give hormone shots to the cows. So drink your milk, it will effect you as desired by our government.

There are more endocrine disruptors than just BPA used in plastic, they are almost as bad and BPA free does not mean we are safe if it is in plastic. Remember, that steak you ate was originally packed in a plastic bag to send to the store. Plastic is everywhere these days in the food industry. It is not just frogs that are effected.

They tell us to eat more cruciferous veggies, but those are goitrogens. They disrupt our endocrine system, especially the thyroid. But if everyone is going to the doctor to get thyroid pills, it will be all right, we are dependent on the system that way. I am not saying cruciferous veggies are bad in moderation, just understand that moderation may be different for different people. everyone is different. some people can't eat much others can eat lots. And even a parent and child can be different in this. The methylation cycle works with the thyroid, and some people are negatively effected by excess sulfur products in the diet.

Remember, any seed product contains estrogen chemisty, is that vegetable oil actually good for you?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
this is what i want to follow

so transgender frogs are because of a polluted environment

so trangednerism is an effect of pollution. so that means if you fix the pollution problem, you effect trnagender. is that genocide?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Too much water will kill most any plant species.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Until the 20th Century humans pretty much just drank booze.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Until the 20th Century? Not round these parts! Pretty much carrying on that tradition, I can assure you.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
this is what i want to follow

so transgender frogs are because of a polluted environment

so trangednerism is an effect of pollution. so that means if you fix the pollution problem, you effect trnagender. is that genocide?

Transgenocide.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: rickymouse

Too much water will kill most any plant species.

It can do the same to humans.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I’ve seen the studies before.
Alex Jones sometimes really harms the conspiracy community.

He’s been doing it for to long and gets carried away.
If we could get someone like Sam Harris to inform the public about this.. Someone who speaks camly in a sensible manner, and who doesn’t get ‘excited’ during debate.

Well maybe we can get more people to lift eyebrows.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It's true that the majority of canned soda pop contains BPA, but beer poses even more of a risk, due to the high solubility of BPA in alcohol. Wine isn't a completely safe choice, either: BPA is also found in the epoxy linings of some wine vats used during fermentation

Hope you don't drink from can's ----- I switched to bottles long ago .

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Bottles or tap only for me!

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I guess some of us have a "no can do" mentality. I'm not that fussy.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Or conversion therapy?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This reminded me of some things I studied a looooong time ago in grad school.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

An interesting more current paper on the subject.

And for those disinclined to read it, basically tadpoles develop lungs and legs at the same time so that they are ready to live on land and breathe.

Tadpoles have no legs and use gills.

Now if different hormones get into the water system, then you might have tadpoles with lungs and no legs, so they drown.

Or you have frogs with legs and gills (no lungs) and they suffocate.

Amphibians (hell, all developing life) is a careful balance of the endocrine system that took Mother Nature millions of years to perfect, and just a few decades (of man) to royally screw up.

So. . . perhaps a parallel.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What looks worse? Man boobs or big beer belly?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Christ, that's an awful choice to make. I cant really say. Lemme ask the wife.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Not sure how guys get laid with both

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
contemporary medicine is the attempt to attenuate the diseases caused by contemporary technology. Every unnatural habit exhibited by an organism has the potential to cause unnatural physiological effects (disease).

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What?!

No Alex Jones memes?!?!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join