It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide police shortage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes my generation is more interested in grander ideas of life on average as we see life as something to be loved and lived.

I cant wrap my head around what everyone's problem in America is with this?

Its for sure a Japanese and American and maybe Chinese mentality to work yourself to death but I think we can see that lack of humanity and life and bigger ideas in our culture and wish to change that

Its actually not a bad thing
edit on 12-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Like you're the first generation that thought that way.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

So facial hair, tattoos and earrings are standards slipping? Have you by chance seen our military lately?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Like you're the first generation that thought that way.

What are you going on about?? Huh? Are you offended?

Awe poor fella

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Sounds like you're the offended one.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

all the smart ones

no such thing, can't have a high IQ and try to be a cop. smart people tend to question authority not follow orders blindly.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Most of the barrel was ROTTEN anyways...no disrespect to the few Good Men and Women caught in the middle here....a lot of slime buckets gravitated towards law enforcement...real losers...and soooo many are murderers rapists thieves and con-jobs that once things got REAL they had no choice but to run for the hills before their asses ended up in jail where they likely belong.The Thin Blue Line is now a big fat Hangmans Rope.
edit on 12-12-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is wonderful news.

Way too many of them running around, most of them over weight and obese or on some type of rage problem. The less of them the better. Maybe people will want to visit America again.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Now it is way too militaristic but even that is a $$$ scheme.. And when certain arrests are deemed "successful" and the issuing dep't. gets more Fed. $$$ then it is indeed a 'quota system' It isn't individual officers but Dep't.s competing for the $$$ and the 'toys' that $$$ buys. Get around a few of these folks, especially the guys who got beat up in High School and no have a vendetta, and they quickly become "HEAVY" and then build up personal arsenals, (so I read on a police chat forum)

It still is the Funnest job going.. You get to see the 'best' people at their 'worst' and the worst people at their best... Front Row

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I know in my area, if you were in the military, and got treated for ANY sort of PTSD, you are automatically disqualified.

It is actually causing some lawsuits. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

A friend is an officer with a county right now, that is pretty rural. But they are now having huge issues with drugs and prostitution moving in from Flint, which is about 40 miles away. And meth houses are still a big problem around here. He says "you never know what your going to get, from those crazy "Bleeps""

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

it's unfortunate our country has demonized the police.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
If they had legit laws, they could hire legit cops.

Bingo...

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Sounds like you're the offended one.

it does?

care to explain?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I wouldn't join the revenue generation blue man group either.

Fines could be issued and property confiscated. I could help propagate modern-day slavery with a for-profit, private prison industry. Sounds great. / not

edit on 12 12 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

They deserve to be. Remember Kelly Thomas?

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

They deserve to be. Remember Kelly Thomas?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join