It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there be a Yellow Vest movement in the US?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The elites, for lack of a better word, seem hellbent on riding their agenda til the bitter end. No amount of protest and civil unrest will change their ways as long as they are sitting comfy in their ivory towers. I don't condone political violence. However, it seems fairly certain that we are headed in that direction regardless.

What will happen next, though, is that western governments will begin to utilize advancements in A.I. to enslave and control their populations like China has already started doing. Speak out against your rulers and you will lose you right to live freely as a human being in their society. The forthcoming inevitable political violence will be used to justify the implementation of these tyrannical systems and authoritarian government will be the new norm on a global scale.

The enlightenment will be dead. Liberty will be dead. The individual will be dead. The lucky ones will have died in the last gasp of freedom.
edit on 11-12-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Nope. Because the nation is already at an all time high of division politically. France has always been like this. What's happening there isn't anything new, it's what they do as a society and culture, and have done many times before. It's the reason why they have such high taxes in the first place to be honest. They are cry babies.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I could see it happening, but then being co-opted by either dems or repubs.

Just like any other grass-root movement, the major party absorbs it, neutralizes it, negates it.

Our government is a giant "blob".

Er the people that own the Two Party + MSM System & the Government is a giant blob.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There's no more room to rip people off and bs everyone in the "information now" age.

Governments will need to realize this or be obsolete.

Can Trump fix the great sellout? Can our economy recover?

That's what will send people hunting. Can't feed the kids, taxed from all angles, no jobs.

Take, take, take, snap!

It seems that having corrupt representatives is the problem.

Sorry, your opinion can be stated on facebook, have a nice day!

How about ss# backed voting through the internet?

On everything.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Won't happen as long as there's football and reality tv on the boob tube and cold beer in the fridge.

Yellow Jackets seem to have protested about more than the fuel tax. There was the elimination of the wealth tax on the wealthiest households, followed by additional taxes on the lower and middle class to make up for it. Taxing pensioners. How low.

Where else have I seen this? Oh yeah, the tax act that gave the majority of the benefit to corporations and the top 1%. As Trump told his Mar a Lago crowd, "I've made you all a lot richer". Wait a few months, then declare that the deficit is too high (no relation to the tax breaks ya'know) and start talking about cutting social security, medicare/medicaid and the like. Same wealth transfer as France, but not a protest to be seen.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wont happen... in Europe from my view there was little difference between city dwellers and village dwellers. (yes some I know) While in comparison going form the big city to the country side in the US is like going to a new country, with different wants, desires etc, there is very little anymore that could unite rural and urban people to protest on this kind of scale.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Does the US need to USEXIT the EU thus warranting these would-be yellow coats?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

And the Polish … our hero: Casimir Pulaski

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-12-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: added he link

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Construction workers wear yellow vests when they work, they won't even have to buy them. They wear them home, and act like idiots sometimes when picking up some beer. Nobody will even pay attention to yellow vests here.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

American people are too lazy to fight like this.
we'd rather do it from behind the keyboard whilst sipping on a grande macchiato or trash the government over 6 pack of pbr after long day of muddin' and shootin'...or hate accounts on obscure extremist online forums.

when was there a march against big government in America?
they feed us enough chemicals and round the clock entertainment and an endless supply of drugs to ensure yellow jackets will never happen here.

heck we're too busy rioting against each other.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Construction workers wear yellow vests when they work, they won't even have to buy them. They wear them home, and act like idiots sometimes when picking up some beer. Nobody will even pay attention to yellow vests here.

As do Amazon's Unfulfillment Center workers.

And bums.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What many do not realize is most of what we are dealing with since 9/11 was perpetrated specifically to thwart any such attempts at revolution and it’s been done not just in the US but globally, the move was merely initiated in the US... Any attempt or real perceived threat to overthrow the government in the US would see martial law and full utilization of fema camps... Mass executions, I bet you think I’m joking but I’m dead serious...
Your constitution has been dismantled any taking part and many who didn’t would be seen as terrorists under new highly specialized laws but to safeguard not really the government but the 1% which rule us all...
None the less people can only be pushed so far and revolution anywhere in the world is entirely possible...
And I suppose you should be glad to have Trump for president and if you aren’t yet just hang on because he’s going to war against the 1% and he just may lead the way to victory....
edit on 11-12-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Killah Killer Beez Yall

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

And I suppose you should be glad to have Trump for president and if you aren’t yet just hang on because he’s going to war against the 1% and he just may lead the way to victory..

Sure, he is gonna go to war against all his buddies and campaign contributors for Merica!

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There is a very big difference between protests in the US and Europe, and these days it grows wider.

The short answer is no, there will not be. The last great protests that happened, where change was forced, was the Civil Rights movement and the Flower Power movement, both forced changes in the USA.

These other movements, protests are usually short live and die off, or the public simply loses interest. From a perspective, when there is a movement or even a strike, to change government policy, the way they do it is far more effective. The first is that they get the numbers on their side, so if they are going to strike, it is not just one segment, but large segments of the population to back them. And it affects everyone, not just a few, but everyone in a city or location, to the point the government has to negotiate.

People in the US are not willing to go the distance or even sacrifice to make that happen, the numbers are not there to make a difference.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think more people should be wondering why there is no msm of the massive riots going on right now in France...

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that there will be such a movement here. When the people finally snap, there will be body armor and semiautomatic weapons. No yellow vests marking us as targets.

(post by RonNeil removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I think we'd wear RED, WHITE and BLUE vests.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
...Could the Yellow vests take off in the ÜS, why not ?

The Yellow Vests are OWS's rougher-shaven, cuzzins !
resoloutely galvanised by social networks, they remain
uncontrolable, "Un-Owned"​ and "Un-Ownable"
main-stream political sides can neither endorse nor condone them
people have simply taken to the streets to air their grievences  

Support for the movement and it's momentum remains widespread
unlike, for example, with the usual train or postal strikes...   
citizens, nationwide, adhere to their 'initiatives'   
keeping up with these .. differing means ... of 'protesting'   
stretches traditional law enforcement protocol, i would guess 

Diverse and incompatible demands, no figure-head, no organisation..
independant groups of people, all banding together crying "rancour" !
citizens have already been to the ballot box, to little avail 
knocking aside "project fear" about austerity and this party or that
stonewalled, ignored; peoples's voices have been stiffled : 'till now 

Idle hands: the devil will find work for to do  ... hmm hmmm
nowadays, those idle hands have turned into restless feet !

However loosely organised they may be, 
enlivened, cajoled and enabled by their semblables online
lately, people have become more emboldened to take act
leaving the traditional 'actors' of social unrest movements off guard 

top topics

<< 1   >>

join