It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The World Needs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's quite simple really, we need a good philosophy. We still hold on to views 100 years old which have proven they are not working.
Communism doesn't work.
Capitalism doesn't work.
Globalism doesn't work.
Nationalism doesn't work.
Religions don't give us the answers we are looking for. New age doesn't give us any answers which work. Science is still too deep in materialism and doesn't accept the gravity consciousness has in our universe.
We need the x-ism to end all other *isms.
Existenciallism? I mean the human rights are a great start, but open borders and all that crap is just a moral blindfold. It makes you feel good as long as you refuse to see the issues coming with it.
We need a social overhaul to close the gap inside the boarders between rich and poor before we can work on that globally. So far we just make it too easy for technocrats and neoliberals to deny and ignore issues inside our societies.
This is in parts what lead to the yellow vests and all the other divisions we are currently facing wherever we look.
We need a philosophy and a x-ism which takes the opportunistic human nature into account. Something like "Every human strives for better living conditions" and while that is natural a philosophy like open borders is just leading to total chaos if it is ever truly implemented.

We can't hold on to 100 year old philosophies and at the same time think we are progressive. That's just schizophrenic.
Culture needs protection, it needs borders, it needs care and attention. Culture is what seperates humans from animals.
What is culture? It's not nationalism. It's more than art. It's more than what holidays we have. It's a lifestyle. (That's why muslims don't integrate well in whatever country they settle in which isn't islamic unless they're secular.) Integration needs the acceptance of the culture of your host country.
My x-ism would be built from culture, looks at the world realistically would be accepting of the human nature and full of respect for all consciousness/life. Humans are weird animals it's time we take responsibility for our god like powers. We are breeding animals and plants to suitour needs, we change the planet in every spot we set our foot on. With genetic modification and on the edge of technologies like "digital darwinism" we seriously need more discussions about what moral means to us in those regards and in this time.

The x-ism would still be political, a social and cultural overhaul. But focussing on the future and true issues, because let's face it, to us modern humans it couldn't matter less what gender or religion or ... you are coming from as long as you share one fundamental basic ideology:

Independence.

Free from every god and other phantasies we want to believe in. Independence means responsibility. It is the root for all freedom. That's what philosophy, politics and economy should exist for, give every person the tools to be independent.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I thought it was love, sweet love.

In all honesty, great post. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, right? Hindsight is 20/20? None of that seems to matter for the people. Sadly, I don't think anything but time can help. However, it can also drastically hurt.

How do we get others to see arguing over the details isn't best for the big picture?

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

What the world needs now is love sweet love...

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

What the world needs is selflessness and mindfulness
edit on 11-12-2018 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Probably only painting a new picture can help. That's what I wanted to ask with this how can we add a new colour to the discussion? Enter a purple phase after all the red vs blue?
Sorry I answered your question with another question

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Jesus taught the Christians to love others, we can’t get that right
As for non Christians that’s a different matter, they are not compelled to
Nothing works or can ever work

People hate each other, it is a broken system
It can’t be fixed

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

What is love in your opinion?

a reply to: GreenGunther

No quite the opposite actually we need responsibility and logic

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What the world needs is to take a deep breath and relax!

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The focus on emotions is in big parts what's in the way for a better world to be filled with life. Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. In a functioning society I help those I hate too. Just as I need to dare to disagree with those whom I love.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

What the world needs now is love sweet love...

Yes, that song just started in my head too.....🎶

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Or more war?

Love isn’t your answer to what the world needs. To wit: Patriots Should Prepare for War

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
More PEZ flavors....

Wady'a think I would say..

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I hate to break this to you, but the natural state of human commerce is capitalism. All other things you mention can only exist within the frame of capitalism.

I think what the world needs is the ability to accept the nature of things and get over it.

We will all suffer eventually, we will all experience pleasure, we will all live for some amount of time and experience pleasure and suffering in that time, we will all die. In that time, we will all buy or sell something and try to capitalize on those events to benefit ourselves, our families, or maybe even our communities.

We should strive to not allow people in far off places dictate how we do these things. These people are also like us and have their best interest at heart.

Anyway, it's cool, keep being a dreamer, but whatever scheme you come up with, it will always exist within the framework of capitalism. And if it manages to not exist within that framework, it will slowly be destroyed by its own lack of natural structure. As is shown time and time again.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Probably unsurprising, given my post history, but I think you are spot on.

Technology specifically really changes how we can actually organize society.

I think one of the core issues is the part of our Cultural Story that states the best way to get "ahead" is to exploit others. I suspect this began long ago, when some random tribe found out they could improve their own lot by taking from another tribe.

Before modern times, this was actually an accurate assumption. But, I strongly believe technology enables us in a way that we can benefit more from "giving" to that other tribe instead of exploiting. Maybe not the best way to describe it, and it would need to be done in a way that accounts for long term impact and societal shaping..

We would start talking about consciously changing/writing our Cultural Story too, which in my opinion, may be one of the most powerful points of leverage in really taking advantage of the tools at our disposal.

Its a massive, massive undertaking.. but there is a framework in place already in the form of everything from propaganda to psyops to the MindWar we are currently embroiled. This framework operates under the premise of the ages old exploitation paradigm though, so even though this angle would require convincing a smaller group of people.. they are also the ones that benefit the most currently.

The trick is in designing things in a way that benefits 'everyone' more than the current way of doing things. The biggest problem there is that, even conceptually, this is completely unfathomable to the vast majority of our species.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
We need to take off and nuke the site from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I try to see everything in a family of 5.

2 parents (any gender)

3 kids (mixed gender)

1 teen, 1 pre-teen, 1 toddler.

How do you make this group harmonious?

1. If there are no rules, everyone just doing what they want for themselves -- how would that work?

2. The leaders (parents) set rules & boundaries. Kids don't like rules & boundaries. They rebel. Now what?

3. One family makes it work, but neighbor family next door has no rules or respect for rules. Now what?

It simplifies the context for debate.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It is a nice thought. You would have to launch a multi generation mission to take over the media or at least gain influence over enough of it to get such a message across. That of course, would come with repercussions from the deep state. They are not exactly oblivious to such actions.

Are you willing to fight an ideological war?? Because that is what it takes to guide society to new ideals.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What the human race living in the planet Earth need is to wake the f*** up. Maybe roll a gigantic joint and everyone shares it or find a way to drive everyone out of the comfort zone.

And what the planet Earth need is a new flood to wipe out us idiots.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Basic human dignity and respect.

Just "basic" will do as a default, and we can move up from that.

edit on 12/11/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Good thread - what we need is to permaculturize the planet , which means setting up a culture which is permanent . Its the way we see and do agriculture which changes first . When man first started farming , things changed radically for the better . But just think how antiquated and murderous our ag techniques still are , how inefficient and self defeating we still make things for ourselves and how unthoughtful we are to the very grounds we use .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join