It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Say Angels are real What would you ask of it? What would you say and Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: ketsuko
Why would you assume you'd be capable of normal speech when confronted by an angel?

Why would you assume that all of us are so weak as to be controlled by a confronting force such as an angel ?

Your post is irritating to say the least..some of us have already seen the fear in demons AND angels alike...when we confront THEM, they really both want nothing to do with a confident and awakened being whom can see a whole new reality.

Oh and this...they WILL be questioned and that is all their is too it.

Keep believing your Bible as told to you by the fearful though.....

ALL religions and beings of ILL intent will be confronted and destroyed.....tired of the foolish beliefs and defense of non sensical and INCREDIBLE FEAR based control sets.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Angel, demon, or alien: how is anyone suppose to know the difference?

That's a very good question. Keep asking it. Maybe you'll find the answer.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The giant leap of "faith" here is that someone would even be able to recognize an angel if they saw one.

Chances are about 0.0000000000000000001% they would.

I mean, it's not like they're going to walk up to you and whip out their Angel badge and tell you to get your prayer beads and assume the position in the confessional.
edit on 12/9/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The giant leap of "faith" here is that someone would even be able to recognize an angel if they saw one.

Chances are about 0.0000000000000000001% they would.

I mean, it's not like they're going to walk up to you and whip out their Angel badge and tell you to get your prayer beads and assume the position in the confessional.

I’m sure if God wanted you to know you are seeing and speaking with a Holy angel, He’d find a spiritual way to communicate that to you.

The Holy Spirit works in mysterious ways.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

No doubt, but that wasn't the OP's posit. They just asked (for stars and flags) what someone would ask if they encountered an angel.

And further, I'd seriously doubt such an entity would even identify themselves as an "angel".

Would you agree?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

And further, I'd seriously doubt such an entity would even identify themselves as an "angel". Would you agree?

I think it depends on the situation and the mission the angel was tasked in doing for God.
The angel that was the messenger to the Virgin Mary , to ask her if she was willing to submit to God’s will for her, told her he was a messenger and angel sent from God.

In other cases, I think angels don’t reveal themselves, as it’s not important in that particular scenario.
Angels are a mystery, and the stories are not always similar.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So every so often you encounter one, they don’t come flying down from the sky magnificent wings flapping then announce themselves and with great pride provide their name and rank or even just say I’m an angel...

Instead you are approached by them when you really really need them even if you didn’t realize it for yourself at the time of speaking with them...

That being said they still exhibit great power for as you meet them their very presence changes you your mood your train of thought, and you will be drawn to them instantly like they are no stranger to you at all the familiarity quite overwhelming... They look entirely human...

The meetings are brief quickly from a brief greeting subtlety used masterfully shapes the conversation and leads to very revealing information, a little advise, something to lift your spirits capable of dispelling despair... What you are told by them even if it’s the smallest tidbit of the conversation will be key for you in some aspect of your life... A real answer given for just you exactly when you need it... Then they move on as you have what you need...

The encounters are profound not easily put out of your mind and you are bettered because of it...

So very few would know if they were talking to an Angel especially while they were, also if you did it probably would do you little good to have questions prepared for them... You see they shape the interaction it’s their show if you will...And you are essentially spell bound by them, I’m sure all have had these experiences your intellect or spirituality could be a factor I suppose if said problems were genuinely extreme...

Myself I know Angels are real I am blessed to have received their aid because I know they do the Lord’s will...

That means I have a real friend looking out for me, and I can trust in him...

If Angels are real, he says...

To the OP you have been answered entirely...
edit on 9-12-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Why don't you ask the Most High? Those questions are for Him. Angels are gods in the council with the Most High but not the most high God. On this world, only one of 70 can answer your questions with truth and love.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Jesus knew He was God when he came down to Earth. Jesus knew for certain where he was going to go when he died His fleshly death upon this Earth because He knew that He was God. God expects us to follow the example of Jesus, yet we don't get the benefit of that certainty of at least knowing there exists a Heaven. "Take the mote out of your own eye so that you might see to take the mote from your brother's eye." But faith in its essence and of its nature is akin to a blindfold. There is the mote of faith in the eye of everyone on Earth that God has yet to pluck.

Why do we have to take the existence of heaven on faith when our example did not? That is my question.

We are not worship the angels, we are to worship the Father and because of his sacrifice through his Son and in his name.

there are a thousand scriptures that makes it clear Jesus is not his father our creator.
When Jesus was tempted in the wilderness was Satan offering God his own creation?
When Jesus prayed to his father numerous times was he asking himself for help and strength?

Jesus followed the crowd to the tomb and asked them to roll away the stone. Then He prayed a passionate prayer of thanksgiving. “Father, thank you for hearing me” (John 11:41). He didn’t pray for Lazarus to wake up. He didn’t pray for God to perform a miracle. He thanked His Father for always being available in times of need, for always hearing. He prayed so others would see Him and believe.

John 17
17 Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren, and say to them, 'I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.'"

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The gospel of John, which presents Jesus Christ in His deity, is sometimes called the "I AM" book. Over and over again in the book of John, Jesus said, "I AM." To the learned Jew this phrase "I AM" was very significant. It was a claim by Jesus that He is God. Why? In the Old Testament when God called Moses to lead the nation of Israel out of Egypt, He told Moses to tell the nation that "I AM" has sent you (Exodus 3:13-15). "I AM" is the covenant, God of Israel! Therefore, the great "I AM" is the designation for God to the nation of Israel and Jesus' statement "I AM" is a clear indication that He was saying, "I AM God."

Did Jesus say He was God? Jesus claimed equality with the God the Father. "Jesus said to them, 'My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.' For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God" (John 5:17-18).

"Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts, cried out, 'Yes, you know me, and you know where I am from. I am not here on my own, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him, but I know him because I am from him and he sent me'" (John 7:28-29).

"Then they asked him, 'Where is your father?' 'You do not know me or my Father,' Jesus replied. 'If you knew me, you would know my Father also'" (John 8:19) "'I tell you the truth,' Jesus answered, 'before Abraham was born, I am!'" (John 8:58). "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).

Therefore the Jews certainly understood that Jesus was claiming to be God and they sought to kill Him because of it. "'What about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, "I am God's Son"? Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.' Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp." (John 10:36-39). This is just one incident where the Jewish authority sought to take Jesus or to stone Him and He escaped out of their hands because His time had not yet come (John 8:20).

Jesus also affirmed His deity to the disciples. "'If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.' Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.' Jesus answered: 'Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father"? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.'" (John 14:7-11, 20).

The seventeenth chapter of John records Jesus Christ's high priestly prayer. "After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: 'Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began'" (John 17:1-5).

In this wonderful prayer, Jesus says, "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me" (John 17:20-21). Did Jesus say that He was God? Yes!

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

He was God? Yes!

Respectfully disagree to the max.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

if this thread is reffering to the judeo // christian concept of " angels "

my question would be :

what is the actual point of your existance ?

the reason for this question is simple - i have actually read the bible , and :

" god " alledgedly intervense directly - and communicates directly - on many occassions

and alledledly " sends angels " to intervene or communicate on other occassions

" god " is alledgedly omnipotent and omnicient

so angels are " required " why again ? ..............................

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I thought you said you read the bible...
If you did you must have missed the parts that answer your question...
It’s one thing to be stupid it’s another thing to prove it...

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

go on - explain

i have read the bible AND the apologetica

god NEEDS angels because .......................................

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I would say
God *needs* nothing

He likes angels because He has a throne and a court and worlds and all sorts of stuff going on.

do people need pets? no but we have them.
angels and humans are much more valuable to Him than pets

what fun would it to be God and just sit around by oneself all day?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
We Are, And The Real ones, Offer you Enlightenment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Within Above Thread.
They are Time-Travelers!!!

If you're Intrigued, Feel free to talk in that thread.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

He was God? Yes!

Respectfully disagree to the max.

As I have stated, this viewpoint and question is from the Christian perspective. Christians believe that Jesus is God. You can disagree all you want but it doesnt change that fact.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Christian perspective. Christians believe that Jesus is God.

You mean some Christians and some so called Christian organizations or are you trying to say if I don't believe Father and son are the same Person I am not a Christian? Lol go ahead and judge all you want we will all know soon enough. Make sure the road is not to wide.

Non-trinitarian faith groups reject the Trinity. The doctrine itself was first introduced by Tertullian at the end of the 2nd century but wasn't widely accepted until the 4th and 5th centuries.
edit on 27-12-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Those that believe in the Holy Trinity are not in the minority among Christians so all my points remain valid. Make sure your path isn't so small you cant fit the rest of your family on it.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The op has asked a question of if one could talk to an angel, what would you ask:

Here is the answer:

Providing it did not take my head off or kill me, and after I cleaned up from soiling myself, and was able to have full composure the question would be one word:

Why.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join