It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could a proto-consciousness field theory replace the theory of dark matter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's one of those cold dark and wet Saturday nights and you have just returned home after a couple of beers down the local. THere is nothing on the telly nor is there anything worth watching on the iplayer . So what do you do, well you roll a cigarette stick on Luke Howards Hymn www.youtube.com...
and browse to the Big Think's website to read an article on how a proto-consciousness field theory could replace the theory of dark matter -- bigthink.com...
I think they may be onto something what do the rest of you think could proto-consciousness field theory could replace the theory of dark matter
edit on 8-12-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
"Simpsons did it."

en.wikipedia.org...

You're basically suggesting a super imposed Boltzmann brain, no?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
"Simpsons did it."

en.wikipedia.org...

You're basically suggesting a super imposed Boltzmann brain, no?

Thanks for sharing I never heard of the Boltzmann brain until you mentioned it. From a brief read of the wiki page you posted it is definstely something to consider. Personally I believe that sentience and conciousness exist on many levels. I am a believer that this creation is both concious and alive
edit on 8-12-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
within the impossibility of infinity, is not the infinitely impossible, possible?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Something has to replace dad gum hypothetical to the max dark friggin matter

Someone desperate made that up in the 80s, imo.....I could expound....what if it's water.....the mass that's missing........idk
edit on 8-12-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I have a better explanation.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

Look at the way the Universe works. What the Universe wants from us is imaginable possibilities. Everything we experience is about pushing the envelope of what is possible. God wants us to be creative. God wants to push the envelope of what is possible to experience.

An omnipotent consciousnesses is bored. God experiences the thrill of having limitations by sharing in our experiences of frustrations and joys. The Universe exists so God can realized His omnipotence by realizing every possible quantum state. And thereby every unimaginable sequence of experiences gets experienced.

The Universe is God's reality TV show. Can God have a thought so complex that even She can't understand it? Of course She can. Omnipotence means having no limits including BEING all things at once at the same time. The Universe exists so God can realize His omnipotence through experience.

If the Universe were a matrix type computer it would be boring. What makes this Universe so interesting is reality is changing at a higher rate than can be possibly measured. A clockwork Universe with hard determinism only exists in the minds of people who are afraid to let go of their own delusions of control. Reality is always so much stranger than anything we could have possibly ever imagine for a reason. God is the force in the Universe that keeps our full understanding of nature's behaviors just one-step beyond our full comprehension. The canvas of our mind's creativity has no boundaries.

God is what makes measurement possible. God is what you see in two opposing mirrors. God is the image of your face in the black part of your eye when you look into the mirror. And in the pupil of your eye the image of your face repeats all the way back to the source of all thoughts.

The Universal mind is a subjective mind. The glory of God is not bounded by human limitations. The realization of unimaginable possibilities is the bread of God.

edit on 9-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I just said yesterday the fabric of the universe and the "consciousness force" could be one and the same thing. You just gave me new arguments to expand on that.
In my view the singularity state before the big bang is somewhat proof for that. It was a time before matter existed yet something gave it a spark to set off this giant explosion into infinity we see today as our universe. If the tiniest quarks carry a bit of that consciousness it could be rudimentary of that complex vacuum they all are coming from.
I liked the sun bit, that it's part of a conscious decision to rotate at a certain speed to ensure its own survival. I bet a star or planetary consciousness would be a fun thing to discover.
Really nice topic

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I just said yesterday the fabric of the universe and the "consciousness force" could be one and the same thing. You just gave me new arguments to expand on that.
In my view the singularity state before the big bang is somewhat proof for that. It was a time before matter existed yet something gave it a spark to set off this giant explosion into infinity we see today as our universe.

Our Big Bang is the result of a star collapsing to black hole in a previously existing space-time dimension. We live in a recursive Universe.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

I have a better explanation.

We live in a subjective Universe. Of course it's better.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Look at the way the Universe works. What the Universe wants from us is imaginable possibilities. Everything we experience is about pushing the envelope of what is possible. God wants us to be creative. God wants to push the envelope of what is possible to experience.

An omnipotent consciousnesses is bored. God experiences the thrill of having limitations by sharing in our experiences of frustrations and joys. The Universe exists so God can realized His omnipotence by realizing every possible quantum state. And thereby every unimaginable sequence of experiences gets experienced.

The Universe is God's reality TV show. Can God have a thought so complex that even She can't understand it? Of course She can. Omnipotence means having no limits including BEING all things at once at the same time. The Universe exists so God can realize His omnipotence through experience.

If the Universe were a matrix type computer it would be boring. What makes this Universe so interesting is reality is changing at a higher rate than can be possibly measured. A clockwork Universe with hard determinism only exists in the minds of people who are afraid to let go of their own delusions of control. Reality is always so much stranger than anything we could have possibly ever imagine for a reason. God is the force in the Universe that keeps our full understanding of nature's behaviors just one-step beyond our full comprehension. The canvas of our mind's creativity has no boundaries.

God is what makes measurement possible. God is what you see in two opposing mirrors. God is the image of your face in the black part of your eye when you look into the mirror. And in the pupil of your eye the image of your face repeats all the way back to the source of all thoughts.

The Universal mind is a subjective mind. The glory of God is not bounded by human limitations. The realization of unimaginable possibilities is the bread of God.

In your understanding is a God the same as a Creator. You see in my understanding God's are just folk at a level of existance several steps away from that of the Origional Logos or Creator. Now from my limited understanding the person responsible for all this,the creator well lets put it this way if he were anymore Horizontal he would fall over. He got over all that omnipotent omni whatever stuff a very long time ago.He had to as being everywhere doing everything at once was putting great strain on his marraige.These days himself and his wife, sorry get confused enjoy playing the role of Grandparents to Angels and to their sons Girls. They realised a long tine ago that they are never going to know everything as that mysterious force called Divinity has an annoying habit of throwing spanners in the works . One minute you think you know what this is about and the next divinity throws you a curve ball that makes you go Oh well thats something I never knew may need to think about things again. Gods on the other hand well they think they know everything .. they learn eventully mainly through trial and error
edit on 9-12-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Great post!

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

This is what I have come to believe is the nature of our reality.

This is actually what the Bible implies.

In him we live and move and have our being

He is the image of God the firstborn over all creation he upholds all things with the power of his word.

I could go on but won’t.

I also came to understand it from science. When I began to understand the implications of epigenetics it opened my mind to the idea at hand.

The fact that we are inexorably linked to our environment for our own development into higher beings and the incredible similarity’s between cell membranes and our skin in their function made me see that we are cells in a larger body.

Why is that body just humans? Well we also are more bacteria than we are human cells. Our microbiome is so incredibly important to normal function. For one they coat the pits in our gut and communicate with our own immune cells as to what gets done with the particles they are dealing with.

The microbiome has direct neurological connection to our brain. It also makes the majority of our neurotransmitters.

This all points to an interconnectedness that I believe points to a conscious universe.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Don't forget to lump dark energy into that equation as well. Desperate attempts to protect outdated theories. I don't understand why they cling so hard to past thoughts. I just imagine that through their antique theories of the cosmos, new discoveries are directly contradicting these theories. So instead of just starting over with the new data, they start warping things. Their theories of gravity have painted them into a corner. Their theories of star and planet formation have painted them into a corner.

So now they come out with theories of black holes, dark matter, dark energy simply to try and plug the holes in the accepted scientific mainstream thought. Why? Is the beast so big now that it can't change, that it is now holding progress back? Is it once you start saturating the brain with specific and detailed information, open mindedness disappears?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I've been saying there is no such thing as "dark matter" for years.

It's an illogical idea.

Consciousness however, is very real as we are experiencing it now. The problem is that it exhibits non-physicality while also interacting in physical ways.

This is all still a legit mystery.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Why? Is the beast so big now that it can't change, that it is now holding progress back? Is it once you start saturating the brain with specific and detailed information, open mindedness disappears?

I think these physicists are generally undereducated and they are under tremendous pressure to maintain the status quo. Rocking the boat can ruin your career more often than it will make you a celebrity.

What I meant by undereducated is this:
I don't think many physics majors take their philosophy 101 course seriously.

The really great physicists are often well versed in philosophy and epistemology. They are also avid history buffs and are keen to all other fields of science including quasi-science like sociology or psychology.

You have to be serious about learning all things, and you have to be courageous enough to stand up to the emperor and tell him he's naked.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
within the impossibility of infinity, is not the infinitely impossible, possible?

Finity is impossible.
Infinity is the only solution.

How many numbers are there?

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The tinest quark doesn't contain a bit of consciousness per se - instead that quark is pure consciousness itself.

The energy substrate underlying the entire universe is consciousness.

Did you ever read this thread from 9 months ago?
The Universal String Singularity is Consciousness

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I just said yesterday the fabric of the universe and the "consciousness force" could be one and the same thing.

Replace the word "could" with "definitely is".

There is no other solution that can explain phenomena we observe so well.

The double slit experiment screams this to us. We are tone deaf though.

Read that thread I linked above and watch the videos!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You are a part of the universe, and you are conscious, therefore the universe is conscious.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join