It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn, Trigger Warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ok, I came across this on Youtube and I forgot how hilarious this show was. This is also how drastically different today is from these days. Honestly, I wish we could go back to this period in time. The internet was still cool, WoW was way better, iPhones weren't recording everyones every move and I think people were happier.

Not a chance people could handle this today, this show would get massacred and all of these comedians would lose their careers. Surprised this hasn't been dug up and used against all of them already.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Here's another one. Today's world can't handle this. This is when comedy was funny. Wtf is going on?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It's still funny. Podcasts, Netflix specials, the comedy cellar (on comedycentral, etc...

Tough crowd was great though. Patrice O'Neal was the best.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Back in the day , we had shows like this on regular TV.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

damn, lol, that's pretty overt

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You know that Carroll O'Conner (a progressive activist in real life) was making fun of crazy right wing folk of the era with this character right? So many people on the right at the time actually identified with his parody to the point that they didn't even realize that it was... a parody.

Glad I got to meet that dude while he was still alive.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Except that's not anything like tough crowd....

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I remember this show. A symbol of a bygone era before we subjected comedy to the PC filter of the vocal minority of the extreme left.

Colin would be hung by the gallows if he uttered such hateful rhetoric today.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I remember this show. A symbol of a bygone era before we subjected comedy to the PC filter of the vocal minority of the extreme left.

it's weird, they came out of the PC era of the extreme christian conservative population through the liberal movement only to have the PC culture now swing to the liberal side

there's obviously an energetic pole reversal happening
edit on 8-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: MisterSpock

it's weird, they came out of the PC era of the extreme christian conservative population through the liberal movement only to have the PC culture now swing to the liberal side

there's obviously an energetic pole reversal happening

I was discussing this with someone the other day who didn't seem to understand i'd heard all of their arguments for censorship used by Christian parent groups when I was kid to try and ban video games and music.....but apparently the things they're offended by are much more special and terrible these days and apparently have the power to incite people to violence and hatred....just like Doom and Marilyn Manson did...yup....

new topics

top topics

join