It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Jews killed Jesus" - this is said too often, in truth we all did.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
We don't know anything about Jesus, since we weren't even born yet. It's pure speculation, and opinion - nothing more.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Theocracy4America

Anti Semite's will always use it to justify there xenophobic hate, haters are gonna hate after all.

But you are correct and in a modern context were it say's the Jew's it would be better phrased THE PEOPLE.

What most anti Semite's miss are Jesus own word's.
"Salvation come's from the Jew's" and "Let him that is WITHOUT sin cast the first stone".

edit on 8-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

He laid down his life as a sacrifice for all the world's sin.

Sorry, but I've never been able to get my head around this.

How did Jesus dying have any effect or bearing on 'the world's sin' or the sins of every individual that's lived?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It is about him taking suffering, a debt to pay for those that come to him for salvation and whom HE accept's, remember on the cross he said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do".

Let's leave the Lord for a moment and recount a story about Karma.
There is a small valley in the Chinese Himalayan region not sure if it was ever really Tibet or Chinese but in this valley there is a small community that is perhaps well over a thousand or more years old mostly farming and a few fisher men.

They live a poor existence but have done so for countless generation's and have a legend that once the valley had become very dangerous, people were dying as the crop's had failed, the river was flooding and the rocks' were falling so the people were in danger of being wiped out but one day a kind Buddhist monk came and seeing the distress and suffering of the people he instructed them to brick him into a cave and there he meditated and took all of there bad karma - all of there suffering onto himself.

Many century's later a Chinese scientific expedition stumbled upon the cave and they opened it finding inside a mummified monk still holding his bead's and still sitting in a lotus position were he had died long ago while meditating, they duly packed up his body and were to send it off to Beijing for study but after they removed his body from the cave bad thing's started to happen, the river flooded, several people were killed and there was a tremor and a landslide so in terror the villagers demanded that they return there monk to his cave which they of course had to then do or face the unpredictable behavior of the superstitious and frightened villagers and he was duly resealed back were he had been, no sooner had they done this than the weather in the valley returned to normal, the river became manageable and thing's settled down.

Now I personally believe this story is factual AND I further believe that it was true that this monk sacrificed himself to take upon him the bad Karma - wrestle the bad spirit's or whatever you want to interpret that as - of the people of the valley and that he had saved and protected them ever since until his body was removed and until it was put back.

So if one monk can do that what can the son of God do for the Karma of the entire world - or at least those whom come to him and give him there sin's repenting of there evil's and trying at least to be as close to his image as they can in themselves.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
if i am alledged to have killed jesus - show me the body

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Not to be offensive, but i said the same thing when they
disposed of Bin Laden.
edit on 8-12-2018 by KingJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KingJames

no offence taken - although my comment was not entirely serious

but in all seriousness - why do you think you have any right to see bin ladens body - or evidence of it ????

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Not mine only, everyones. I have friends who think it was bs that Binladen was conveniently tossed into the sea without evidence, no photographs proving otherwise. Don't you find that odd?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Nobody can kill a fictional entity. Jesus is fictional.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Prove it.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

To the best I understand the sacrifice of a perfect specimen outways lesser or. Imperfect specimens. And some were of more value than others.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
"The Jews killed Jesus" - this is said too often, in truth we all did.

such a simplistic answer

and the obvious, simple reply is that: The Roman occupation Force in Judea, Samaria & Galilee during the Christian Cult years surrounding 29-70 AD....
Were goaded into Crucifying Jesus (the non-certified Rabbi) by the social media manipulators-of-the-day---
AKA: the deep state authority of the times, riled up a spontaneous 'crowd' (akin to the Soros funded protestors of today) to punish the Maverick-Magician/Jesus instead of the Anti-Roman zealot Barabbas… the paid for crowd cried out to release Barabbas and punish Jesus instead, as was the custom of that dark Friday-before Pentecost day ((the Jewish festival of Shavuoth.))

source for some material: bobkaylor.com...

see:

The story of another zealot, the notorious criminal named Barabbas. Luke tells us in his version of the story that Barabbas had committed “insurrection and murder,” which places him squarely in the zealot camp. The Greek word for these zealous revolutionaries was “lestai”—a word that gets translated variously in English New Testaments as “bandit, thief” or “robber.” More about that later, but the point is that Barabbas is no common criminal—he is a rebel, a terrorist or a freedom fighter, depending on whose side you were on.
Barabbas’ name means, in Hebrew, “son of the father.” That’s an interesting name since most proper names actually named the father, like Simon bar Jonah (Simon, son of Jonah). Even more interesting is the fact that many of the early manuscripts call him “Jesus Barabbas.” Jesus was a common name in Israel (a form of “Joshua,” another freedom fighter), but the juxtaposition of two Jesus’ in the Gospels is most certainly not a coincidence. We know who Jesus of Nazareth’s real father was, but we don’t know who fathered Barabbas. Some scholars speculate that the Gospel writers were implying that he was actually a son of the devil because of his acts. At any rate, Barabbas’ vision of the kingdom of God was one that involved working at the point of a sword. Indeed, the revolutionary slogan of the zealots was “no king but God,” and if Jesus Barabbas had heard of Jesus of Nazareth, he would have heard his preaching on the kingdom of God as good news. If God’s kingdom was coming, Barabbas may have thought, then the real revolution is here. It’s clear that some of Jesus’ disciples may have been thinking the same way. Otherwise, why would they be carrying around swords when Jesus was arrested?

edit on th31154427953308322018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The romans killed Jesus.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

That is absolutely not true. If a secular government and Jewish leaders both confirm his existance, and other records of the day also mention him, it's unlikely that he was made up. Also certain things in the account are not what someone of the time would make up. One of the most shocking is that he was discovered by women, one possibly being a former prostitute. You would lie and say a king met with him or something. A lot of resources confirm for most people of any faith that he existed, and a lot of odds and ends points to his credibility in that he performed miracles.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think OP glosses over Jesus ultra strong condemnation of the Jewish clergy class of his day.

The Jewish clergy, not the basic Jewish person, is like today's MSM trying to drive a narrative, they can't actually do something, but they can heavily influence the political apparatus.

If you recall Pontius Pilate didn't want to execute Jesus, the Jewish clergy pushed hard for it, and some of the people followed, fearing a growing unrest approaching a riot Pilate finally gave into the mob and washed his hands of the whole ordeal.
What's interesting if you study the bible you will understand all the Romans involved in this were absolved by Jesus, he told his father forgive them they don't really know what they are doing.....but that forgiveness would not be extended to certain Jewish clergy members who orchestrated and planned his death out. They were scared of losing their power over the people to Jesus, yet they knew he fulfilled many old testament prophesies regarding the Messiah, yet they did it anyways.

There is lessons for us today in what happened way back then.
edit on 8-12-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Nice analogy and I sort of get that....but very bad things still happen in the world and to people whom one would expect to join Jesus in his Kingdom of heaven still experience some awful things.
According to your analogy of the Chinese monk someone took the mummy out of the cave and never put him back in because there's some horrific suffering still going on in this world.

To the best I understand the sacrifice of a perfect specimen outways lesser or. Imperfect specimens. And some were of more value than others.

Sorry, it might be my comprehension skills but I haven't got a clue what that means or how it explains Jesus allegedly dying for my sins?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Correct, he did say though "My kingdom is not of this earth" but also that he was going to come back and when he does?.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I didn't do it~

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Theocracy4America
a reply to: Blue Shift

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Uh,, no..

The bible is referring to spiritual death.

Um, there is no spiritual death without physical death. That's why it's referred to as the "second death". Physical death comes first (for everyone) and then spiritual death comes second for those who don't believe that Jesus is who He said he was.

edit on 9-12-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Uh,, no..

The bible is referring to spiritual death.

No it means physical death. By context from this dialogue:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death.”

The Jews said to him, “Now we know that you have a demon! Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say, ‘If anyone keeps my word, he will never taste death.’ Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died!” John 8:51-53

originally posted by: richapau

Nobody can kill a fictional entity. Jesus is fictional.

Our entire calendar is based around his coming and going. Beware of influence from the secular nihilist agenda, they want everyone to ignore their spiritual senses and history
edit on 9-12-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join