It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company of Heroes 2 (5th Anniversary Giveaway)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Its been 5 years since the launch of Company of Heroes 2 so to celebrate (and hope we buy the DLC) Relic Entertainment are giving us the game for free until Monday December 10th on the Steam store , so if you're in to real time strategy games then you really should stop reading and start downloading ... it's free and good.

The Company of Heroes 2 base game gives you access to two multiplayer armies from the Eastern Front: the Red Army (SOV) and the Wehrmacht Ostheer (GER). It also comes with a gritty single-player campaign that will give you a chance to familiarize yourself with the series core tenets. Step into the boots of a Soviet commander of the Red Army, entrenched in brutal frontline warfare to free Mother Russia from the Enemy invaders! Adjust your tactics to take into account the brutal weather conditions and wield the might of the Soviet Empire as you smash your way to Berlin.

I played and enjoyed the first one so I'm downloading now safe in the knowledge that I can now run it on Max settings.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Good find man. I added it to my download list. I’ve always wanted to play this game.
If it has online play maybe we can play sometime.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Says on the steam page multiplayer armies Soviet + Russian so the war could be on.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I took a look at this on steam last night. I wasn't too sure though. Is it actually playable without the dlc? Or is it one of those you get a broken game and pay to make it playable kind of things?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Is it actually playable without the dlc?

Yes , it's the full game dlc isn't needed.

The base game has an 80% rating on Metacritic.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Bought that Company of Heroes 2 Master Collection for 6,89 Euros this afternoon. All(if i am right) DLC´s for the game.
It´s a bit like an arcade RTS game, compared to Men of War2 for example, but still entertaining.
Especially when the game is free and all DLC´s cost only 6,89 Euros.

top topics

join