It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A poem for my friends who are hurting

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The following lines began to come to me today as I was writing a PM to a friend here on ATS. So, I wrote it all down and decided to share it with you all -- with my thanks. Also, if you would like to add your own thoughts about the friendships you have found here and what they mean to you, please feel free to post them as you wish.

For My Friends Who Are Hurting

The past is gone; we'll let it be
And let our boat sail o'er the sea
'Til one day we sail into the light,
Where all is warm and all is bright

They say this life's a journeying way
And we must live it day by day,
And so we do, e'en when there's pain
We struggle through... again, again

But one day, I know, we'll feel so free
We'll feel the way we're meant to be
And when it comes and we embrace
E'en from afar, I'll see your face

A tear of joy rolls down your cheek
I touch it; there are no words to speak
Hope and love have brought us through
My wish comes true: once more, you're you

~Mike

edit on 7/12/18 by JustMike because: I fixed the usual typos.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Wonderful poem Mike. Thank you for sharing this with us.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Nice Mike !

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Beautifully written. As for friends here, I understand some members have formed lasting and loving relationships IRL here. I'm still waiting but that's ok.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

A moving peice. Well done.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So very beautiful and heartfelt dear Mike! Thank you so much for sharing that as it means a lot to us!

I wrote the following for the people of the Shed and its followers and then decided that our family extended to the rest of the folks of ATS so I made a thread to share in September. I'll share that here with you and others who may not have seen it.

Very late and I can't sleep as I am haunted by emotions. Each of you needs to know that you matter and have value. You matter to me and make a difference in my life. I wish you all strength and courage. I offer a hand to hold and an open heart. I pray that your grief is lessened, that you get a reprieve from the madness that surrounds your precious lives. I watch the flame dance as the candle burns low. It flickers casting shadows against the wall and I am mesmerized by its silent beauty.
Random thoughts fill my head keeping me from dreaming and here I sit in the sacred place we call home.

Sometimes words are elusive, they come and go and I wish to capture the ones that will sparkle with magic and beautiful intent. We are strong, sometimes because we have no other choice, but we are never alone in our shadows and darkness. There is still light my dear friends and that light is you. You and I. It comes from deep within ourselves, refusing to surrender. Hold on to that light and let it guide your way.

Come alive and dance with me in imagined worlds of our own making. Will you take this journey with me, the journey forward? Will you lie back in the soft green grass and look up at the stars with me at night? Will you sit with me in the forest looking up at the tall trees as the sun streams through spreading branches in the day? Will you take this life journey with me as it unfolds?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

What an utter load of ...

Beautiful heartfelt and demonstrated love and compassion!!

How dare you !

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I'm a daring kinda gal. LOL

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Very nice Mike... moving and heartfelt.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

LOL! I wasn't ready for that one Timely!
Glad you changed direction with it. Too funny!

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

That was very well crafted, Sir. Thank you for sharing.

I will take you up on your request to share our own encounters.
Over the years I have been honored by members here who have called me friend. It is humbling and something I cherish even though we seemingly are just words on a screen.
Both those who have become RL friends and the ones who remain in here are dear to me.
So many beautiful souls, a whispering breeze rustling the leaves in my heart, waves surging over the sand that is my life, changing me.
For that I am grateful.

new topics

top topics

join