It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to buy BITCOIN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Bitcoin has tanked all the way down to 3,400 (as I write this thread)

That is from a high of 20k that was not that long ago.

I know it might keep tanking but I feel like its gonna go back up and it might be a great time to buy some more.

What d you guys think? I bought around 1000 dollars worth when it was at 10 k so Im leary about buying more.

But that low price has me wanting to buy some.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It's time to invest in real assets. You just witnessed the rise and fall of bitcoin, and now you're considering investing?

Whatever happened to tangible assets? Buy a property to rent, buy office space to rent, start your own business, for the love of god, stop giving your money away for nothing.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Maybe to short it.
It's value was removed when it was allowed on the stock market.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
It's time to invest in real assets. You just witnessed the rise and fall of bitcoin, and now you're considering investing?

Whatever happened to tangible assets? Buy a property to rent, buy office space to rent, start your own business, for the love of god, stop giving your money away for nothing.

I am a gambler by nature.and yes I am considering a little gambling on it.

And I do invest in tangible assets but whats wrong with trying different things? its just money
edit on 7-12-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I’ve got a few different coins and was looking today at bitcoin but thought id
Let it go below £2000 it’s at £2700 now .. but it’s anyone guess if it goes up or Down 😁

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
yeah i think now is the time to start averaging in. I bought at 3500 more than a year ago so it's been quite the ride.

There is a huge concerted effort to push out the weak hands right now. If you go on reddit everyone is saying sell.

I think it's possible that we hit 1500, if that happens i'm loading up the truck.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is the currency of the future.

I think we are coming to a time where the entire world economy is collapsing and i think keeping my money in stocks or the dollar is far more risky than buying bitcoin right now.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Yes I have been watching it fall forever now just dont know where its going to bottom out then start going back up.

Where to buy in lol..

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: booyakasha

Yes I have been watching it fall forever now just dont know where its going to bottom out then start going back up.

Where to buy in lol..

I had a feeling that 5K was the buy in and look where we are at now.

For clarification, I did not buy(at the above mentioned point) nor do I own any crypto. I do follow it a bit due to just general market watching.

I'd never put any amount of money I cared about into crypto.
edit on 7-12-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Maybe to short it.
It's value was removed when it was allowed on the stock market.

No reason to panic, the stock mkt will be rebounding soon. Trade wars and trickle down economics always favor the stock mkt;

but what will happen to crypto if, on the outside chance the mkt. tanks. It's not really looking that good...

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 7-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

If your going to get some crypto before the end of the holidays is the time to do so.
I was thinking of getting more but I already invested too much. So I’m waiting to see a steady climb before I get anymore.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Lots of people lost their butts playing with this monopoly money.
I would steer clear.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

And I do invest in tangible assets but whats wrong with trying different things? its just money

It's your money. Your call. Just sharing my thoughts.

A fool and his money...

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It's your money. Your call. Just sharing my thoughts.

A fool and his money...

I should probably run out and buy the new I phone huh or a gaming computer?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Short term; buy and sell it as it naturally fluctuates in value.

Long term; no, bit coin will be going the way of the Dodo. To be replaced by more modern forms of crypto currency.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

I would advise anyone considering residential rental properties to seriously consider what they're doing, check into the applicable laws in their area, etc before doing anything.

Back in the oughts, we bought a duplex to rent. Ended up with a nightmare tenant, took months to get a court date to evict, judge gave her additional months to vacate and we ended up out like 8 months worth of rent and considering the tenants lack of assets and employment, no way to recoup any of it.

On top of everything, the tenant completely destroyed the unit.

And of course by the time we decided to pull the plug on our landlord misadventure, the bottom dropped out of the housing market. Ended up losing a chunk.

People do make money with rentals. My grandfather did well with it back in the 80's/90's in Florida, renting little cottages to little old ladies. Not my experience.

On the flip side I've made a few tens of thousands with crypto over the last few years. Fortunately, I had occasion to sell off most of my crypto holdings 10-11 months back. I held onto a few Ethereum which is worth like 10% of what it was. At this point, I'll sit on it and whatever happens, happens.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I was soooo close to pressing the buy button when BTC was at about 9-10k...at a time when everyone was saying "BUY...IT'S GOING TO 20k, 30k 40k!!"

Fortunately, I hesitated and decided to wait...and am SO glad I did.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The infrastructure and implementation of blockchain this past year has been incredible. Price...not so much.

I've been doing some DCA in the past few months again.

I don't quite think we're at the bottom yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I bought $100 of various coins in December, and now they are worth $10... I would guess that it is a good time to buy? Who knows.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Do your self a favor and invest in a pet rock. At least you can pick it up.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Every blockchain advocate ever...

And when you tell them you're not interested in their digital ponzi scheme...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join