It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Prepares Mission to Land Spacecraft on Moon's Far Side

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

WTF ????????????????

please coherently explain why the chinese will attempt to overthrow thier govt - based soley on them learing that an alien base exists on the moon ???????????

That wasn't the inferred conclusion. The communist party is VERY paranoid. Their paranoia is very seldom based upon anything reasonable that might happen. They (the people) aren't going to "overthrow their government", but try telling that to the paranoid communists in China. Get it? Giving ANY information to the people in China is taboo action for the communist party to do.. I believe most people reading my earlier post understood this

edit on 13-12-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: dug88

So I don't have much to add. It'll be cool to see what they find out there. I'm not expecting moon bases or aliens but It's always interesting seeing what's in places we've never been. I'm guessing lots of craters and dust myself.

Here's a map of the far side, zoomable (by scrolling in) to higher-res images:

LROC Quick Map Far Side

Very cool, thanks!

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

You need to not rely on youtube (and there are much higher resolution copies of that video around).

This is their website:

moon.bao.ac.cn...

it has their complete archive of images from their lunar missions. I did a page showing how to use them.

onebigmonkey.com...

The images are very high resolution.

I don't think their lunar landing video recorded sound of wind - there isn't any.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo
Ok looked at that site. But did not spend to much time, couldn't find the landing vid, much less in its entirety, not the whole half a minute or few seconds thing. I mean it takes 3 day to get to the moon, you think they would al least turn those cameras on for more then a few seconds along the journey.

The vid might be there but there is a bunch of concept images not real images ie cg, for me to bother to sort through. And as they say proof of concept is merely just a concept of proof.

And this was the wind video, a better quality and a bit longer but still, who knows why this one has wind in it while the others have no sound, or whatever. But it seems nobody wants to turn on cameras for a full mission for whatever wacky reason. But basically for those of you who were not aware it was even clear in the 40s that pictures and video make poor proof of anything. It took the better part of 70 years for people to slowly come to that realization. And still counting.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
But it seems nobody wants to turn on cameras for a full mission for whatever wacky reason.

It would be an extremely boring video, and a waste of mission control's time and resources.

Here's the original video, btw: Click
edit on 27-12-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

It was 5 days between launch and landing, so the video would have been even more boring for you.

Sadly, they didn't design the mission for your entertainment - they had other priorities in mind. The website is more to show off the high resolution images they took.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

to transmit continuous video [ as you demand ] - the craft has to transmit continuously [ well duh ! ] - where is the power going to come from ?

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

So they actually have a video with over 120 hours of fottage on it. Ya, thats the one I want to see. I wont watch all of it, but will skip to the landing part and maybe watch the first 3 hours or so.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Don't be coy, it does not take that much power, I am sure in the millions they spend they can fit an extra battery in there or so, among other means. And also does not have to be live up the second transmission, or even up the the minute, or even hour. In fact it could just be recorded without being broadcasted till after. But they they should do it anyways.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

How much power does it take? How bit a battery would it need? What is the fuel cost of that? Why would they bother with something that would add very little to anything other than appease a bunch of people about whom they care very little?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Did I say they had it recorded on video?

If you want to see that, ask them, not me.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
And relax dude. Was a rhetorical question. I personally do not care about these things, the moon for all I care can be made of cheese.

I merely find this new strange phenomenon of people questioning and trying to think on what they see and hear on this subject a bit fascinating, such a phenomena has not happened in a while, were people would question or have the audacity to actually question the narrative, or worse, try to actually think on this or the science of it, all of us from our narrow perspective.

And I have known for a long time that they have the technology to send things to the moon, but they just dont have the technology to film it. Well apart for that one time they did, well sort of, but that is neither here nor there.

But anyways, none of it really matters. So don't burst a vein over it.

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Heisenburg
Do you think they'll publicly announce it when they come across the ancient moon bases?

Or CURRENT moon bases...

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The proposed landing site, Von Kármán crater.

Explore in QuickMap
3D model to play around with

Some interesting features on the crater floor, like series of grooves and depressions, as well as clusters of little craters.

edit on 29-12-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

I merely find this new strange phenomenon of people questioning and trying to think on what they see and hear on this subject a bit fascinating, such a phenomena has not happened in a while, were people would question or have the audacity to actually question the narrative, or worse, try to actually think on this or the science of it, all of us from our narrow perspective.

What I find fascinating is the phenomenon of people asking questions and then desperately avoiding answers that don't fit their pre-determined narrative. Why bother asking if you really aren't interested in an answer you don't want? Why spend so much time asking people you don't believe for answers you don't want?

And I have known for a long time that they have the technology to send things to the moon, but they just dont have the technology to film it. Well apart for that one time they did, well sort of, but that is neither here nor there.

Apart from all those many times they did. There are many examples of the technology to film these things. You either can or can't. There is no middle ground there.

But anyways, none of it really matters. So don't burst a vein over it.

Truth always matters. It's too easy for the idiocracy to take hold if people can't be bothered to defend it.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Chang'e-4 is in position and prepared for landing on Thursday.

The probe entered a planned elliptical lunar orbit on Sunday morning, which at its closest point, brought it just 15 kilometers (9 miles) away from the surface of the moon, the official Xinhua News Agency said, citing the China National Space Administration.

The landing is expected to take place on Thursday and marks another critical step in the country's ambitions to challenge US and Russian dominance in space.
www.dw.com...

Unless it gets shot down by Moon men.

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Ya that's what I said. I mean last time I was on the moon everything looked all honky dory, I mean I don't know how they looked to you when you were there. But! So anyways. Moving on. 10 seconds to waste on this is really one second to much.

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
As reported widely, they made it. I've colour adjusted and sharpened their image:

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
There's a video of the actual landing but I've only been able to find a relatively high altitude clip so far. Here's the Chinese clip compared with the LRO view of the same site:

The centre of the image there is at -45.4564, 177.5963

posted on Jan, 3 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
Here's the Chinese clip compared with the LRO view of the same site...

So the Chinese used the LRO images to build their movie studio?

edit on 1/3/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join