It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Brexit Bad Brexit What's the difference ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

"Scotland would do okay independent but I think adopting the Euro and staying in the EU would be a bad move for your people."

Well aside from England and Ireland, after any Scottish independence, the EU would still be one of our largest, closest, trading partners. Which is why we would wish to remain or rejoin the EU.

The world is a big place but Europes not give the infostructure already in place.

"Truly independent in a free trade agreement with the UK could be the way forward in my opinion."

If i can see that i might believe it, but anything that resembles such remains to be seen.

"House of Lords?!!! Don't get me started on that unelected shameful aspect of UK governance mate!"

Even an act of God could not sort out those shower of inbred bastards really.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: and14263

Previous to that I voted UKIP, not because I supported their policies but because I knew it would force a referendum.

And how exactly would have Ukip with about 0 politicians force a referendum?

Third biggest party in 2015 GE. Hence why Cameron had to go for it, his lean to the right from middle ground set him up for a fall after the GE and had to call it.

Maybe Google 'UKIP politicians in June 2016' which is when the referendum was.

I think however you are trolling for laughs.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Solo doesn't troll, he actually believes his own bull# lol
I'd love a pint and a game of pool with him, it would be funny as #!
EDIT
@Solo There is a scooter festival going on in Devon next summer, I'm hoping to meet Freeborn there, come down, it's only 20 quid for 2 nights camping and music. Politics bull# we can banter over after a few pints taking the piss.
edit on 8-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)
Train station is an easy walk to the site even with a pack, think about it, I like your in yer face style, you are like me so we bitch lol, face to face would be cool as #, I reckon we'd have a #ing laugh together, just sack the political chat off!
edit on 8-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

That sounds like it will end badly, or loudly!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That sounds like it will end badly, or loudly!

Very messy!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I disagree guys, I know loads of people who I disagree with about massively important issues at the pub, but we don't fight about it, we fight because someone looked at their bird or spilled their pint.
I reckon I'd have a right laugh with Solo, he's working class same as me and has some funny lines...it's text on a screen on ATS, real life would be like guy at the pub.
Solo should come to the Exmouth gig if it is on, genuinely would enjoy meeting him I reckon. Just a bloke, different views, same banter.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just been watching Paris in flames on the news, and the reporter saying 'it

is a political failure'

The 2nd in command of the EU is in the peoples eyes "not a happy place!"

"We have to change the Republic," Ilda, a yellow jacket protester from the south of France near Toulouse, told CNN. "People here are starving. Some people earn just 500 euros a month you can't afford to live. People don't want to stop because we want the President to go.

edition.cnn.com...

IS THIS REALLY WHERE WE WANT TO BE?

One of the leaders of the EU and they haven't got the backs of the people.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Brexit donors: Theresa May's deal is worse than staying in the EU
Donors say the Leave victory has been "squandered" by "cowards" as they vow to bankroll a Brexit political party.

Three of the biggest donors to the Leave campaign have told Sky News that they are dismayed by the progress of Brexit and that it would be better for Britain to remain in the European Union than sign up to Theresa May's withdrawal agreement

Video of the three largest donors giving their views on the shambles of May's deal.

news.sky.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

@Solo There is a scooter festival going on in Devon next summer, I'm hoping to meet Freeborn there, come down, it's only 20 quid for 2 nights camping and music. Politics bull# we can banter over after a few pints taking the piss.

Remind me nearer the time.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Look those London bankers and Westminster politicians, never mind the entire House of Lords need to burn also if you ask me, and that's not hyperbole.

They kill more people with a pen and piece of paper each day than rioters and protesters ever could.

Truth is real change generally requires a measure of blood and pain, so as to sort the wheat from the chaff.

We should have the peoples backs not the politicians, self-serving bastards that they are.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Look those London bankers and Westminster politicians, never mind the entire House of Lords need to burn also if you ask me, and that's not hyperbole.

Oooh .... so no poor in the EU politicians and elite?

I believe one of the complaints from the Parisian protesters was that while

they were suffering austerity, one of the first things Macron did was to build

a new pool at the official residence, (not what I would call exactly a necessity)

along with something else that for the moment escapes me

Truth is real change generally requires a measure of blood and pain, so as to sort the wheat from the chaff.

I think Brexiters expect nothing else in gaining freedom from serfdom.

We should have the peoples backs not the politicians, self-serving bastards that they are.

Isn't that what I said? "The EU leaders don't have the peoples back"

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The people don't have the peoples back.

Hopefully, that is changing and they have been pushed far enough.

That's what class division is all about really.

And where the real problem lies.

The politics only equates to saber rattling really, bankers still make money, and the rich still get rich, whilst the rest of us are made to do with less.
edit on 8-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The people don't have the peoples back.

That's what class division is all about really.

And where the real problem lies.

The politics only equates to saber rattling really, bankers still make money, and the rich still get rich, whilst the rest of use are made to do with less.

Could this be where Brexit leads us? Some slight shiver of awakening to the reality of the problem?

If it does, whatever follows will probably be worth it.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Let's just see what Tuesday holds in store?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There's no good or bad Brexit. There's just Brexit , a process that cannot be reverted , no matter how much they try in Brussels, in the end the UK will leave the EU. Recent delays in Brexit are unnecessary and a futile EU elite attempt at saving themselves. There is no useful advantage in orchestrating shootings in New Zeland or alike !

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join