It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honour or love? Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Imagine an imposition such that you had to choose between your Honor, or conscience or morals/religion; or The One, the soul mate, true love?

I don't have an answer, and, truthfully, don't believe there is a "better" choice here.

For if he betrayed his love, what worth held his ideals; but if he could betray himself how could he ever give the love that his love deserved?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I will approach the question as a parent. My kids win.
Family in my head is more important than honor (as viewed by the masses).

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

All of those things are human constructs really.

A choice is an illusion of sorts, dependent of course on one's notion of free will versus predestination.

Same with morals really as one Mans imposition is another opportunity, perspective being the definitive factor.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Been there...

Though I wasn't the one that had to choose between love and religion...

I lost to religion...

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I would choose honor first. Not because I have a disdain for love, nor because I hold other people's opinions in higher regard than someone I love. Furthermore, as someone who's honor is based upon upholding strict maxims, disrespecting them would be disrespecting not only myself by my family that raised me to embrace realize and understand those standards. Love is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but flights of fancy can come and go and trick you into their embrace through self delusion, and another love can occur.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

If you mean with "honour" integrity forget love. No love is worth it. Even if you never love again.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
A being cannot be the "The One, the soul mate, true love" if it is not a high level aware being who constantly making sure symbiosis between the soul mates are achieved.

And that is a symbiosis of 2 equal souls who know how to follow the objective moral behavior code. Objective morality is a scientific formula where all well being and suffering is measured.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Depends on the game that being played.

Honour an ideal, usually in positive way like Chivalry, or Bushido, to even bragged about. Today it called sportsmanship, and not trying to be a sore loser.
Like how countries just declare war and just suddenly get all prep up for battle instead of a tactical strike.

Or maybe it like walking a way with clear conscience full of pride bragging about it.

What is love!?

Woman and Children first?

edit on 7-12-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join