It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That community of people are at it again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

next they will hijack the dreidel and menorah

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
I love it when when insecure bigoted homophobes like yourself don't even try and hide it.

It makes it so much easier to disregard your opinion.

Perhaps someone should remind them that once upon a time there was a group of people who had this whole nifty system of armbands for people, including gay people.

Those who do not learn their history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I can't even view a rainbow in the sky without that group of people coming into my mind or even watch nbc sports as they have the rainbow colours in their emblem. As soon as I see those colours, the word 'wxxfters' comes into my head. It never happened before all this business of them taking that rainbow.

I hate to say it but this would indicate your problem runs deeper than you're letting on.

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The rainbow is a sign from God promising not to destroy the Earth
with a flood again.

So what did the rainbow mean before the flood?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I remember when ATS required OPs to include supporting sources. I also remember when an OP like this would be moved to the Rant forum.

Good times.

If you watch the latest games of football, you'll see what I'm talking about

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

very true... armbands are an identifier alright.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Sorry not everyone bases their life around handegg. Do you actually have anything that backs up your initial rant? Or are you just making a lot of assumptions so you can justify your disgust of homosexuals?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think we all need to calm down a bit here.

Thinking that an organisation may be pushing a moral message a bit too much is not the same as being phobic against the particular group they are pushing awareness about.

There are real problems in football that need tackling and, as far as I can tell, racism and homophobia are almost non existent these days (In the prem. league for sure, and at Hereford games).

Now, there are issues with certain players feeling they can't come out, that their team mates may reject them. That absolutely will not be cured by armbands and adverts aimed at fans.

I doubt you aould find any group of average footy fans that really gave a damn who someone fancies anymore.

Yes, they may use it as a dig in a terrace chant, but EVERYTHING gets used that way, this is no worse than what people shouted at Gary Neville and his mum, or Frank Lampard being fat (He wasn't, but that never stopped anyone). All sorts of other daft and odious things from every section of the crowd, but that is football, it's tribal, it's savage, it is sometimes nasty. The only exception to that I would say is racist chanting. I've seen people get clipped round the head by other fans for trying to do a monkey chant or something similar so I am not buying the impicit message that fans need educating in this way.

edit on 58pThu, 06 Dec 2018 17:59:58 -060020182018-12-06T17:59:58-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The problem is that people feel that everything in life needs to be political or push a political message.

We see it every October with football players wearing neon pink across the league for breast cancer. I love that we want women to be aware of breast cancer, but why on earth do we force male football players to wear blazing neon pink to raise awareness for it? Aren't there other ways that would be just as effective?

For goodness sakes, this would be like forcing women to wear scrotum decals to raise awareness of testicular cancer.

Yes, men can get breast cancer, but it's highly unlikely as compared to women, and women are not the primary target audience of the NFL.

But we see this political push every year, and it extends out to everything else. Nothing is just what it is. It all must push some message or cause in a political manner. You will be made to care, and if you try to escape, they'll follow you there and find ways to invade every aspect of you life to force you to care.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

God created the rainbow after the flood!

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I see someoe complained about this thread being in the social issues forum. I wonder why.

Anyway's I've had my say on the matter and I think most people agree with me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join