It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France protests: Will the environment be the true victim of the fuel-tax riots?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Cap and trade has little to do with consumption. But increased efficiency is a beneficial byproduct.

edit on 12/5/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Making fuel more expensive by adding extra tax so people won't use as much is such a lame and corrupt philosophy. These people running the program want extra money flowing through them so they feel more important. It is corruption at it's finest.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Think about it, if MSM, Liberals,SJWs were so worried about the environment, etc why haven't they being pushing such ridicules solutions and taxes back in the 80s, 70s?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
"The other problem is that Man is causing global warming"...Are you aware that we no longer refer to "it" as global warming? It is now called "climate change". Why? Because the data over the past couple decades indicates that we are going through global cooling instead, and when the hoaxsters found this out, they changed the name, so that everyone could logically still support a carbon tax, because, well, "the climate is changing, even if colder, the taxes must still be collected in order to loot the public for the corporations, and govts. controlled by the elite, who print their money.

"that you refuse to believe the scientists telling you that global warming is caused by man."
While mankind has changed the earth drastically in the last 200 years, mainly, and caused a very serious mass extinction event of plant and animal species, from over consumption of natural resources and incessant pollution, and encroachment into the remaining natural habitats of the world, there is no science that undeniably shows that carbon dioxide emissions from human activity is actually causing the mean global temperature to rise. In fact it has fallen, hence the name change to climate change for those not paying attention! The reason that this cannot be proven, is because all the climate models that purport to support a human-made global warming scenario, are worked out on computer models by scientists who are mainly paid off or given grants or other incentives (promotion, tenure, etc.) to push out the hoax. In order to get computer models to agree that temperatures are indeed rising, these corrupt scientists, with Al Gore as the Illuminati front man to mediatize the hoax, have had to tweek their computer models, the main tweek that has been used to make data results agree, is that the main driver that changes the earth's mean average temperature, is in fact the sun, but this data is omitted from their computer models!!! That the sun drives temperature, should be obvious to everyone- without the sun we would be frigid Pluto, wouldn't we? The sun-surface goes through cycles of changes: sometimes the sun outputs much more solar radiation and at other times, it puts out much less solar radiation. Currently it is putting out less solar radiation, hence the need to change the title from global warming to climate change so that those not paying attention, would never guess. How do we know that the sun is the main driver of earth's temperature? Because of the medieval warm period (which you can look up), when temperatures on the earth were much higher than even today, without industrialization, without cars, without very many people on the earth. The medieval warm period proves that the earth can warm itself without human intervention! At the same time of the medieval warm period, it was observed that the sun solar radiation was at peak. Thus it is the sun that drives the earth temperature, not puny man and his limited releases of carbon dioxide!

Furthermore, carbon dioxide is a very weak greenhouse gas compared to water vapour and to methane gas, so why not tax these other two??? Well there is not enough water vapour nor methane to maximize the looting and ripping off of the world's population which the Illuminati, headed by the Rothschilds et al. and their money printing machine, to be satisfied. That's why they chose CO2, which ironically is an essential input for forests and plants to grow which are the main climate moderators that cool the earth! How ironic: the Rothschilds et al. are laughing all the way to the bank while the human population is divided one way or the other!

Recently a top British scientist, Lord Christopher Monkton, challenged Al Gore and other pro-carbon tax scientists to a public debate on the issue and the fact that the main data driver of temperature has been purposely left out of computer models, creating the ultimate public looting hoax. None of them will agree because they've been paid off for silence and they are enjoying their rich retirements and rewards.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Start paying attention, it is really worth your while!

originally posted by: amazing
The problem with these taxes is that they only hurt the poor. These days that's anyone making $100,000 or less a year US dollars. That's most of us common folks. I would love to buy an electric motorcycle, a Tesla, install a charging station at my house etc...but I can't afford any of that. My Truck is 20 years old.

The other problem is that Man is causing global warming, but the elites in government can only think to tax us as a solution. That's not a solution. I love change, the problem is affording change. I can't afford to change right now.

The third problem is that most of you on here are so focused on the carbon tax...which is a problem, that you refuse to believe the scientists telling you that global warming is caused by man.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: amazing

As it stands what am I supposed to do with a 20 year old truck besides work more jobs.

Keep it running as long and as well as you can.

Until you win the lottery. But alternatives are getting more "affordable."

And remain just as dirty.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
people still have to get to work
There still isn't good enough public transport for shift workers to get there in time, or people that work outside the cities.
They have to use their cars, this is a tax on people working, not a method of reducing carbon emissions.

If it was really about climate change, there wouldn't be a tax, there would be a ban on fossil fuels and 24/7 electric bus services and similar things.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
there is a huge disconnect between many of those pushing green and the common everyday people. the fact is that these green taxes, no matter how done, in the end hurt those poor and middle classes. and any rebates will never come close to repaying what people loose due to them, since all these taxes no matter where applied WILL get passed down to the end purchasers along with a little extra from each step in the supply chain. so in the end there really is no incentive even involved.

and i just love this quote from the article. it really shows that disconnect rather well. and it is something i have seen being said all along for years from the green crowd, in regards to conserving energy.

France's fuel tax aims to encourage motorists to use their cars less or switch to electric versions.
www.bbc.com...
now for the rich doing so is not an issue. in fact many rich switch to anything more efficient just to save money. for example many rich switch to electric vehicles because they feel that by doing so they will save money on fuel costs. this is especially true in places where you can actually charge your car for free. it has nothing to do with saving the environment, but saving them money. just as the rich will buy more efficient appliances all the time. yet again to save money.

on the other hand it is the poorer among us that would benefit from things like more efficient appliances as electricity rates climb. just as how things like electric vehicles would again benefit them for the same reasons. yet they CAN NOT AFFORD to do so. they can not afford to buy new appliances to take advantage of energy savings (even with rebate programs in place, it is still far too expensive). many people still use things like refrigerators and stoves that are 30 and 40 years old. simply because they can not afford to replace them for newer more efficient models, no matter how much money they might save. and the same is even more true for cars as mentioned in the quote that high gas prices are in part to encourage people to switch to electric cars. yet most people can not afford a new car, forget about the even more expensive electric cars. heck most people i know drive cars that are more than TEN YEARS OLD. in fact most of my personal vehicles i have owned over the years were much closer to twenty years old. so just how can someone who can only afford 10 and 20 year old cars be expected to be able to buy not just a new car, but a new electric car which costs even more? and yet these people still NEED to drive. and in fact have more than likely already cut out most if not all of any unneeded use, just due to the normal high costs of fuel. in fact when you take a look at things like vehicles that spew pollution, it's due to the fact that those who own them can not afford to keep them working well and repair them so that they do not spew that pollution. in fact you could even say that the higher the price of things like gas, the MORE pollution will be caused as people have to cut corners in order to save money that the extra costs in fuel take away. as usual the old maxim "it takes money to save money" rings true. a true more modern saying in terms of the green pushing would be it takes money to save fuel/energy.

in fact we might be further ahead not to add yet more taxes and expense to things like fuel. but to instead do the exact opposite and make things like fuel as well as maintenance cheaper so that people could actually afford to make and keep things like vehicles running better and thus cleaner. and if you really want to encourage people to start to use electricity (and i have my doubts about electric vehicles being better for the environment), instead of fossil fuels. that what needs to happen is to make electric vehicles cheaper (and not by artificially raising the price of fossil fuel powered vehicles). or even better to produce cheap retrofit kits to turn older vehicles from fuel to electric.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

electric vehicles sounds prefect on paper but that also isn't a great solution.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Nope, it is the damage to the property of the rich that causes the police forces, snipers and armies to be released to control the masses who will have to pay for the taxes imposed by puppet govts. responding to the elite-invented HOAX that humans cause global warming. This is a systematic looting of the public who will have to pay higher costs for goods to those producers that are taxed. The earth has and always will repair itself of any damage done to its surface, HOAX or NO HOAX!
edit on 7-12-2018 by SkeptikCal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptikCal
"The other problem is that Man is causing global warming"...Are you aware that we no longer refer to "it" as global warming? It is now called "climate change". Why? Because the data over the past couple decades indicates that we are going through global cooling instead, and when the hoaxsters found this out, they changed the name, so that everyone could logically still support a carbon tax, because, well, "the climate is changing, even if colder, the taxes must still be collected in order to loot the public for the corporations, and govts. controlled by the elite, who print their money.

"that you refuse to believe the scientists telling you that global warming is caused by man."
While mankind has changed the earth drastically in the last 200 years, mainly, and caused a very serious mass extinction event of plant and animal species, from over consumption of natural resources and incessant pollution, and encroachment into the remaining natural habitats of the world, there is no science that undeniably shows that carbon dioxide emissions from human activity is actually causing the mean global temperature to rise. In fact it has fallen, hence the name change to climate change for those not paying attention! The reason that this cannot be proven, is because all the climate models that purport to support a human-made global warming scenario, are worked out on computer models by scientists who are mainly paid off or given grants or other incentives (promotion, tenure, etc.) to push out the hoax. In order to get computer models to agree that temperatures are indeed rising, these corrupt scientists, with Al Gore as the Illuminati front man to mediatize the hoax, have had to tweek their computer models, the main tweek that has been used to make data results agree, is that the main driver that changes the earth's mean average temperature, is in fact the sun, but this data is omitted from their computer models!!! That the sun drives temperature, should be obvious to everyone- without the sun we would be frigid Pluto, wouldn't we? The sun-surface goes through cycles of changes: sometimes the sun outputs much more solar radiation and at other times, it puts out much less solar radiation. Currently it is putting out less solar radiation, hence the need to change the title from global warming to climate change so that those not paying attention, would never guess. How do we know that the sun is the main driver of earth's temperature? Because of the medieval warm period (which you can look up), when temperatures on the earth were much higher than even today, without industrialization, without cars, without very many people on the earth. The medieval warm period proves that the earth can warm itself without human intervention! At the same time of the medieval warm period, it was observed that the sun solar radiation was at peak. Thus it is the sun that drives the earth temperature, not puny man and his limited releases of carbon dioxide!

Furthermore, carbon dioxide is a very weak greenhouse gas compared to water vapour and to methane gas, so why not tax these other two??? Well there is not enough water vapour nor methane to maximize the looting and ripping off of the world's population which the Illuminati, headed by the Rothschilds et al. and their money printing machine, to be satisfied. That's why they chose CO2, which ironically is an essential input for forests and plants to grow which are the main climate moderators that cool the earth! How ironic: the Rothschilds et al. are laughing all the way to the bank while the human population is divided one way or the other!

Recently a top British scientist, Lord Christopher Monkton, challenged Al Gore and other pro-carbon tax scientists to a public debate on the issue and the fact that the main data driver of temperature has been purposely left out of computer models, creating the ultimate public looting hoax. None of them will agree because they've been paid off for silence and they are enjoying their rich retirements and rewards.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Start paying attention, it is really worth your while!

originally posted by: amazing
The problem with these taxes is that they only hurt the poor. These days that's anyone making $100,000 or less a year US dollars. That's most of us common folks. I would love to buy an electric motorcycle, a Tesla, install a charging station at my house etc...but I can't afford any of that. My Truck is 20 years old.

The other problem is that Man is causing global warming, but the elites in government can only think to tax us as a solution. That's not a solution. I love change, the problem is affording change. I can't afford to change right now.

The third problem is that most of you on here are so focused on the carbon tax...which is a problem, that you refuse to believe the scientists telling you that global warming is caused by man.

you have to keep in mind that I'm very anti carbon Tax. I think we're taxed to death already. Instead of a deterant, the carbon tax hurts the poor on up to middle class. Makes it harder to get ahead.

I keep reading articles about research by scientists and meterologists that show that the earth is getting warmer, especially recently. That's why I call it global warming. Globe - earth. Warming = higher average temperatures. Look it up. Do some research.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join