It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Post- Weird Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I've been viewing ATS for some months and finally joined today. I have a question and I'm trying to figure out the best way to ask it. Hopefully this is the correct area to post it under.

A while back I heard about these living organisms that are actually bigger than anything else that exists on this planet. For some reason I can't remember what they're called, but supposedly they live high up in our atmosphere and fly around at astounding speeds? Some say they are responsible for a lot of the "cigar"-shaped UFO sightings.

I hope I'm making sense here and someone knows what these things are that I'm talking about. And if you happen to, please post some links or any information you may know. Even the names of these things would be helpful. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think you're talking about Rods? They almost look like flying cattepillars? Is that what you're thinking of? If so, everything I've researched on them points to them just being blurred photos of insects. It happens under certain conditions with some (video)/cameras. The effects have been reproduced, and they look exactly like all other Rod photos.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I've never heard anything remotley close to that but if anyone has any info on the possible existance of these things it would be amazing...I'd love to hear more about it.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Rods is what I was thinking of. I just started looking them up again. For some reason I remember them being super-large and high up in our atmosphere... but everything I've found just in the past several minutes has shown them to be inches in length.

I find one website that says they're just insects flying, then I find another website that says they're not insects and it has 3D models of what they supposedly look like. So who knows?

One site I went to that is dedicated to them is :
www.flyingrods.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The Cosmic Pulse of Life, by Trevor James Constable, has info on biologic UFO's living in the atmosphere. The book that first got me interested in the UFO phenomena.

www.borderlands.com...

THE COSMIC PULSE OF LIFE
The Revolutionary Biological Power behind UFOs
Etheric Forces.... Cosmic Energies which regulate and shape life on earth. Discover how to tap into this universal stream. Orgone Energy.... A mass-free, all pervading energy, one aspect of the Etheric Forces. Free energy awaiting humanity’s enlightened advancements. Cosmic Electronics.... Simple geometric arrangements of materials which can detect and distribute living energies anywhere in the universe — without any physical connection!! Living UFOs.... Plasmatic inhabitants of our atmosphere... hidden from ordinary view but visible to anyone using the simple photographic techniques described in this book! A real cult classic

edit : found it quicker than i thought

[edit on 2/25/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Welcome first post. I'm fairly new here myself. Anyway from what I've been able to understand is that Rods come in all kinds of lengths from inches to feet. One Video I had seen one rod was over fifteen feet long.

I know very litle more about them.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
i saw a story of these rods on the sci fi channel i think the show was called fact or fiction. they said that rods where bugs that can fly so fast there impossible to see with the naked eye

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
theres also supposed 15-18 feet tall humanoids living in antartica (NO JOKE)

there no about how truthful there is but theres been reports of corpses in the water down there

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This has been discussed a million times before. I'm always amazed at how many people fall for this and think that they've just stumbled upon a new or alien life form! It's an artifact of a camera's lens.
Check out this page:
www.ufotheatre.com...
and scroll down to view all the photos.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Makuahine]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa

there no about how truthful there is but theres been reports of corpses in the water down there

you should start a fresh post on this subject.

This sounds interesting.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

This has been discussed a million times before. I'm always amazed at how many people fall for this and think that they've just stumbled upon a new or alien life form! It's an artifact of a camera's lens.
Check out this page:
www.ufotheatre.com...
and scroll down to view all the photos.

I believe the poster was merely asking a question in his post...
He didn't know what they were called, so could hardly do a search on it...

I tend to agree with the insects close to the lens/camera artifact theory....

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
As was already said, I was simply asking what they were called so that I could look them up. Had I known they were "rods" I could have searched for them in previous threads.

Now this sounds really interesting. Since the Rods have mostly been debunked, this seems like an interesting new topic to research.

Has anyone else heard of these things? Can anyone provide info or links? Thanks also to everyone who has welcomed me to ATS!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I belive they look more like balls/amoebas from most sightings. There is plently of these critters in the documentary NASA smoking gun, where they are seen floating all around the space station....and plenty of them too. They look to me like some microorganisms, only on a much bigger scale and they apparently show some signs of intelligent behaviour. I think its quite possible they really do exist, the universe to me is a misterious place after all.
Theres plenty of terrestrial sightings of amoeba type floating creatures as well, i remember reading about one that happened in UK.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
I belive they look more like balls/amoebas from most sightings. There is plently of these critters in the documentary NASA smoking gun, where they are seen floating all around the space station....and plenty of them too. They look to me like some microorganisms, only on a much bigger scale and they apparently show some signs of intelligent behaviour. I think its quite possible they really do exist, the universe to me is a misterious place after all.
Theres plenty of terrestrial sightings of amoeba type floating creatures as well, i remember reading about one that happened in UK.

The exact description I've seen, read about and seen drawings of. (Comic drawings)

There's supposed to have been an incident back in the 60'ties in the US, where a big 'blob' crashed in a backyard.. Something about 10x20x5 meters big. Someone collected a piece of it in a jar, but the speciment vanished while being inside the jar. The big blob also kind of vanished/melted according to the story.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon

Originally posted by Lamagraa

you should start a fresh post on this subject.

This sounds interesting.

Ill second that!
admiral byrd mentioned he saw tall humanoids living there.
ps RODS are just bugs flying past cameras , IMHO.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I started a thread based on what Lamagraa said about these 15 foot Giants from Antarctica, as he has already seen and posted on the thread.

It's under the Cryptozoology and Mythological Creatures category. There's already been a few responses about skeletal remains of Giants in general, but nothing about them being found in Antarctica as of yet...

top topics

join