It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mente

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
In this current moment you are holding a brilliant light, and this light is your sight. This light is not given to you through your eyes, this light is already within you. This light is only established by, and only exists within, your mind.

Your eyes do not absorb light nor give you light. Your eyes are only an apparatus for receiving signals, and your mind will use those signals to suggestively arrange your light in your mind into a perceived image.

That same light is visible while you are dreaming. However, instead of using the signals from your eyes, you use the signals from your thinking mind to arrange the image. It is possible for you to see, while you are asleep and dreaming with your eyes closed, the most brilliant and powerful light in existence. You are that brilliant and powerful light.

The same is true for all of your senses. You do not hear with your ears, you hear with your mind. Your ears are only an apparatus for receiving signals, and those signals are used to suggestively form the audio in your mind. It is also possible for you to hear the most beautiful symphony ever composed while you are asleep in a completely soundproof room. You are that beautiful symphony.

You are both the brightest light and the darkest void. You are both the loudest sound and the deadest silence. You are the most sweet and the most sour. You are the most pleasurable and the most painful. You are the softest, hardest, sharpest, dullest, hottest, and coldest of all things. All that is required is the right signals.

In this current moment all you have are signals. You have nothing else truly tangible. While you are awake the majority of those signals appear to be from external sources. While you are asleep and dreaming they seem to be mostly internal signals. If you have some mental health issues, or have consumed some type of psychedelic, or you are being manipulated by an advanced illusionist or hypnotist or hacker, you may have a mixture of external and internal signals at once and you'd likely call it a hallucination.

However, are you ever really certain of the true source of your signals?

How could you tell the difference between a signal that originated from an external source or an internal source?

If the internal signals are indistinguishable from external signals while you are dreaming, why not so when you are awake?

If any part of the entire universe can exist in your mind while you are either awake or dreaming, in a form so realistic it is difficult to differentiate the dream from reality, and visa versa, that suggests your mind is capable of containing the entire universe within it. It also suggests the possibility that reality only exists within our mind.

When you look up and see the stars at night you believe the starlight traveled many light-years before it reached your eyes and sent signals to your mind to visualize. But the only thing that is certain to you is that your mind received signals from your eyes. You have no way of truly knowing how your eyes got the signal. You don't really know the signal came from the stars, you only believe you know based on the image your mind created suggestively from that signal. It could all be an illusion.

What if you removed your eyes and instead replaced them with a magical signal generator. What if this magical signal generator was able to send signals to your mind that made you see whatever you desired. What if it knew exactly how to send signals to you so that objects appeared very close or extremely far away, even light-years away. In reality the signal generator is right in front of you, and there is no space between you and the object that it is making you see. However, to your mind it is the illusion of being light-years away.

Let's think of the same thing for sounds. When you hear a sound all you really know for certain is that your ears sent a signal to your mind. You will never truly know how your ears got the signal to begin with. That signal may be formed in such a way to create the illusion that the sound is external, such as playing in your left ear louder than your right, and when you turn your head it plays louder in the right instead of left. This would create a stereo effect, and create the illusion that the sound is external. But was it really external or did your mind only perceive it that way?

When someone yells "Hello!" from across the room, all they truly know is that they used their mind to send a signal to their vocal cords. All you truly know is you got a signal from your ears that sounds like "Hello" from across the room. Neither of you truly know what happened in between. You think the vocal cords vibrated air, and the air vibrated itself towards you, and it vibrated your ears. But perhaps it was much more simple than that... perhaps they just sent a signal from their mind directly to your mind, and you both imagined the rest in between because of the structure and content of the signal.

For all we know, all minds in existence could just be a part of one big universal mind, and all external signals are really just internal signals. All physical things and all of reality is just a persistent illusion created by our collective thoughts. We may not even have eyes, ears, or bodies. Our minds just created the illusion and sensation of having these parts based on the various signals sent between our minds over a time period.

Perhaps all is one, and we are all connected, space and time is all an illusion, and we create our reality with our thoughts. Does that sound familiar?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: More1ThanAny1

I like it - star and flag.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

All language, everything you think, everything you write, everything you say is delusion. What is real has nothing to do with what you talk about. You need to understand or experience non-duality is our true nature:

The first half of the video she seems like a space cadet new age freak. But if you bear with it it's actually a pretty good talk on the subject of non-duality.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The universe is mental - The Kybalion.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Perhaps you are a brain in a jar.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

My friend,

Maybe you didn't fully understand my writings in the way I meant them to be understood. Ultimately I am writing about non-dualism, but I am not focusing on it.

I watched the video you provided and I don't disagree with any of it. A lot of my writings here on ATS agree with it completely. However, that is only when I am writing about the illusion in front of us which is what your video focuses on.

This topic here steps back from the illusion. It focuses more on how the illusion is physically received and mentally perceived. I am discussing that fine line between the illusion and your mind which is ultimately composed of only signals. Those signals are equal in kind but different in degree.

In this illusion our minds perceive those signals as different electromagnetic interactions. All of our five senses originate from those different electromagnetic interactions and are converted to signals of electrical energy. To your brain, all it ever experiences are electrical signals which are equal in kind but different in degree.

It is common to believe there exists an external place, the physical universe, and you exist within it. You believe you can reach out into the universe and touch something. This is the common inside-out perspective; you are inside and looking out. This topic attempts to discuss it from an outside-in perspective; you are the outside, the only thing that exists, and you are looking only deeper inside your own mind. You don't reach out to touch something, you reach in, and the entire universe exists only in your mind.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Perhaps you are a brain in a jar.

That reminds me of a book I read when I was about 12. Shadows by John Saul. It's actually a pretty cool "suspense" book for kids aged 12-16. Creeped me right out, it was cool as heck! Anyone who read that as a kid knows what I'm talking about. It has a very specific chilling brain signal we call a "feeling". That brings back memories.

new topics

top topics

join