It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Rages: "The Deep State Is Trying To Run Congress"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Here is a short video I think everyone should watch.

This is in reference to the Kashoggi murder, but has broader implications.

Paul is commenting on how it is ridiculous that the President, whether it be this one or any other, has sort of a unilateral power to declare war, and that power belongs to the congress.

he is also lamenting that only 8 congress people get access to intel briefings. He questions why a senator from Florida has more rights to be briefed than pone from Kentucky.

Paul is absolutely right on this.

I am so tired of the undue secrecy and lies of the intel community. Not only has the recent trump russia investigation proved their bias and corruption or incompetence (i vote the former), but lets not forget how many times we have been lied to by these agencies.

Constantly we are told to just trust them while seeing no proof of their claims. This results in sanctions, wars, and both American and other countries dying. Not only do we the people almost never get access to their evidence, but most of our congressmen we elect do not as well.

I remember many on the left and the media saying after the Iraq war that they were ashamed they didnt ask more questions, and were misled by the intel community. Now those same people not only tell us to trust everything the intel community says, but that questioning them or asking for proof actually hurts America.

Paul is right; this is a deep state.

Its time for the intel communities to honor demands from congress so they may have versight. Its time for proof to be shown to the ameircan people when we are attacking other countries like syria. Its time for all of congress to be breifed on intel matters, and have the opportunity to ask questions.

Having so much power in the hands of so few, no matter if I voted for them or not, is unacceptable. Especially when the bulk of that power lies with unelected officials.

ETA: my video in this.

edit on 4-12-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Congress has become an awkward joke.

It has led to the seemingly endless budget of on and off book bureaucracies that further leech off of the taxpayer. I do like the direction of this spotlight. However I doubt many will even notice.
edit on 4-12-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Clapper, Brennan, and Comey had already made it clear who actually runs the country. Add in those agencies belief that they can just blow off Congressional subpoenas and it’s pretty obvious. The question becomes “Can we ever put power back in the hands of We, the People”? Personally, I think that ship has sailed. If not for Trump, we likely wouldn’t have known for decades, if ever.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thank god we still live in a country where our reps can still speak out like this.....many others he would have been missing years ago.......

I fear though......it will not be long that this will not be so.....

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Clapper, Brennan, and Comey had already made it clear who actually runs the country. Add in those agencies belief that they can just blow off Congressional subpoenas and it’s pretty obvious. The question becomes “Can we ever put power back in the hands of We, the People”? Personally, I think that ship has sailed. If not for Trump, we likely wouldn’t have known for decades, if ever.

This is something that many of us conspiratorial minded people have known or suspected for a long time.

However, the trump election has both encouraged and alarmed me.

It has encouraged me because trump, without needing to do anything consciously, accomplished the number one goal I had in voting for him, which was outing those deep state. Not because he is a genius playing 4d chess, but because the very existence of someone like him or bernie made the deep state and their msm mouth pieces out themselves as being willing to do anything to keep a hold on power.

What is discouraging is how so many people look at this corruption from the intel communities, rather it be their spying on trump, the media being their mouth piece to the point where they tell us to criticize the intel community hurts america, their shameless use of immunity, smashing devices etc. for hillarys team, their text messages revealing their hatred for trump and his supporters, the outright refusal to comply with congressional oversight, and more; and not only arent bothered by it, but actively cheer it on because its aimed at someone they dont like.

I try to be optimistic and hope partitiots from all political ideologies will prevail, but we shall see. It will definitely be a difficult battle.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Could Be True ................

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

They only like the direction of the weapons, not where they came from or how they were paid for.

It's a really messed up perspective.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I suspect he is right. In the last two years I have come to see that the US has suffered propaganda at least as substantial as the USSR ever did. Make no mistake, the deep state not only exists, but it controls most of the the world governments. A few strong men stand in the way, Trump, Putin, Xi Jinping, and Obrador to name a few. The deep state seems to control the media and the weak minded. Perhaps the remaining leadership can work together.

It’s going to take strong men to pulls the world back from the brink.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Could Be True ................

www.youtube.com...

That's a good video Zanti. Thanks.

Hey Grambler, as usual you are right on the truth.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I remember his father making the same arguments 20 years ago.

Definitely, the powers for military actions need to be returned to congress. I'm sure the democrats will be all about that come January.
Though I don't remember them making a peep when our Nobel peace prize potus was bragging about how good he was at killing people with drones.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Many times I was wishing him to be Ron and I was not seeing it. Since the primary for POTUS, I have seen him be his own version of Dad and I like it.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Love how our elected crats don't have the balls to name names, but just say: Deep state is always the answer... Arg..

My Question is: Is Congress just a charade of middle schoolers without power?

link   
Love how our elected crats don't have the balls to name names, but just say: Deep state is always the answer... Arg..

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kingsquirel

Wow, you knocked it out of the park!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Give trump another four years and let him go after the deep state.

He main running point next election should be to go after the deep state

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It is far more difficult to lie and cheat if too many people know the information - hence it's obvious why there is a tight control on intelligence. Selective leaks can drive the narrative and dissent can be controlled.

Paul is right that Congress should be briefed, but as usual he is speaking from a viewpoint that is long since dead. He still thinks that America is free and operates under the constitution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join