It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An unseen consequence of the #MeToo movement....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I always get more done at home. Unfortunately, my superiors are a bit more old school in their thinking and require us to be onsite most of the time. But home is a lot quieter, not to mention, I get back two hours of commuting time. So I'm much more flexible in starting sooner, working later, working through lunch, etc. at home.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I have to say, it's a sort of poetic justice to see some of the more rabid feminists being affected by such nonsense. Shame they didn't ask the rest of us what we thought. No patience with this false accusation stuff, personally. Known too many real victims to tolerate liars, who are doing it for political reasons.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
At work, the language and topics on break used by the women have been making me uncomfortable. Their swearing and sexual innuendos are intimidating and degrading. The things they talk about and the photos they show on their smart phones are disturbing.

They haven't tried anything physical yet, but I can feel their eyes on me, like leering perverts. I should get them all fired for sexual harassment.

I could have taken you as serious until I got to the second paragraph.
edit on 5-12-2018 by RealityIsAbsurd because: must be filled out

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari Like you, I had a very non=traditional career. I worked in the aviation field. At one company, I got to work in all the small tight spots because I could fit in. There was a lot of crap happening back then. I really needed to keep my job, so I sort of ignored it. I was able to excel in my field and did not cause problems for anyone. We all managed to avoid any really unpleasent situations. I advanced because I was really working and going to all the classes that were offered for free, by my employer. I never really decided what my career would be, circumstances just came about the led me in directions that increased my skills and my value as an employee. The naval reserve unit that operated from the same airfield that my company used, came looking for people who already had skills that they needed, so I got a sweet deal from them. Went in with rank and only did two weeks of basic in New Orleans. This was the second smartest thing I ever did. I got into a aviation unit, and went for flight crew. The navy sent me all over the world. Thank you America, for all the opportunity, I answered that knock whenever it came my way.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I've heard of countless incidents where "special" groups become organizational terrors because they know they are part of a "special" group that gets special treatment. That invulnerability they feel becomes their ticket to the top positions in the company or a lawsuit settlement....either way they are winning. This type of dynamic is only going to erode business growth as people see starting a business and having employees as more and more of a liability that simply isn't worth the risk.

As a side note...

I always though the funniest unintended consequence of the #metoo movement is that this symbol # is commonly referred to as pound....

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sly1one

Yes, I've made the "pound me too" joke a few times, hehe....

Known too many real victims to tolerate liars, who are doing it for political reasons.

Yep, same here. And these same victims found it hard to understand my position during the Kavanaugh bit....

I told them, look, she can't get ONE person (including those she said could corroborate it) to back up her story, and this story was vague as hell to begin with. Add in the political timing, and the fact she hasn't pursued it for over 3 decades, and yeah, logically, it simply doesn't hold up. I do think something actually happened to Ford, but nothing in her testimony leads me to believe she has any true recall of the who, when, and where of it....so can't just decide to pin it on someone. (in a setting that by all other accounts, didn't even happen).

It's especially troubling when the others who came forward were then exposed as willing frauds. But the Ford supporters conveniently forget about those.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I'm so happy as a woman that I work in the oilfield when I read crap like this.

My workplace is the polar opposite of PC and we have a blast.

Hope the infection doesn't spread to out here...

~shudder~

What do you do in the oilfield? Just curious as that is where I work too.

I'm a driller on a drilling rig but do Insulating (on well sites/gas plants) when the rigs are slow.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
To be honest, this movement kinda ruin my favorite part of my job.

Im training new truckers at my work, but i feel so uneasy doing so with a women, since i got a bed cab and we are going for very long day.

Ive stop training people altogether because of it.
edit on 6-12-2018 by TruckWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

~shudder~

I'm a driller on a drilling rig but do Insulating (on well sites/gas plants) when the rigs are slow.

Gas compressors... NGL production and gas lifts.

It's an exciting field right now in ND, what with the area having no real infrastructure in place to handle the amount of gas up here.

We just bought our own fractionator (propane plant) to try to keep up production when you can't get to market.

80,000 gallons a day... my head hurts when I think about adding more drivers.

They are like herding cats....

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: justdust
a reply to: Lumenari Like you, I had a very non=traditional career. I worked in the aviation field. At one company, I got to work in all the small tight spots because I could fit in. There was a lot of crap happening back then. I really needed to keep my job, so I sort of ignored it. I was able to excel in my field and did not cause problems for anyone. We all managed to avoid any really unpleasent situations. I advanced because I was really working and going to all the classes that were offered for free, by my employer. I never really decided what my career would be, circumstances just came about the led me in directions that increased my skills and my value as an employee. The naval reserve unit that operated from the same airfield that my company used, came looking for people who already had skills that they needed, so I got a sweet deal from them. Went in with rank and only did two weeks of basic in New Orleans. This was the second smartest thing I ever did. I got into a aviation unit, and went for flight crew. The navy sent me all over the world. Thank you America, for all the opportunity, I answered that knock whenever it came my way.

The thing is, guys do the same # to each other. It's not sexism, they're actually treating you the same as they do men.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of the replies. I got accused of sexual harassment at the workplace about 17-18 years ago. A woman had written down everything I'd apparently done over a six month period before I was called in by my supervisors and the woman in question. Oh, and I'm a gay man.

It was 18 years ago, not quite the same climate, and I had two mature supervisors who handled it very well. And I believe my accuser believed what she was accusing me of. And that to me was the scariest part: somehow she had perceived completely normal actions of mine the wrong way, and to THAT I blame the media and the hyper-vigilance and outright TRAINING of women to think this way, to be on the lookout, to perceive it where it doesn't exist.

But I felt like CRAP for days. I was in a job I really liked and now someone saw me as a pig, and who knows who else she was telling these things about me to - which I did find out years later, she did.

So while it's important that women who ARE preyed upon by scumbags speak up etc., it's also important not to let this movement become a witchhunt by a mob.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

That was certainly a twist. I'm curious as to her reaction when realizing you are gay!???

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The #metoo movement has progressed to what we see today where you are now guilty until proven innocent for everything starting in your teen years. There doesn't even need to be an initial crime for an investigation...lets look and see what we find is the norm now. Its like they say we see no crime so lets look until we can find one...that is not how America is suppose to be people.

Also, the sensitivity is now that EVERYTHING is a complain able offence. Here is a funny one. I was wearing grey snickers with a dash of purple and one of my team members had snickers on too with some purple in them. I said jokingly, hey are shoes match and that team member said that purple was an old school color so it was uncommon for both of us to have purple. I said I must have more old school than you since my feet are size 15...

This turned into a HR complaint that I joked about this person's shoe color and feet size...That kind of pissed me off as most would think, and when I asked the person if they were happy on my team they said they really enjoyed me as their manager...lol So what is going on here...geez..

edit on 11-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb
I agree with a lot of the replies. I got accused of sexual harassment at the workplace about 17-18 years ago. A woman had written down everything I'd apparently done over a six month period before I was called in by my supervisors and the woman in question. Oh, and I'm a gay man.

The first rule is to address the issue one on one... She was in the wrong to not talk to you on the first issue when it actually happened. As a senior manager I'm not taking an issue like this very far if all the person did was silently record...What may offend a person or not offend is an extremely gray area and so that is why it is extremely important to first deal with a situation at the lowest level one on one.

I'm assuming her recordings were of a sexual nature while she did not know you were gay...lol kind of funny if it wasn't hurtful to you...

edit on 11-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

She said nothing, but over time started speaking to me like nothing had happened.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

"The first rule is to address the issue one on one... She was in the wrong to not talk to you on the first issue when it actually happened. As a senior manager I'm not taking an issue like this very far if all the person did was silently record...What may offend a person or not offend is an extremely gray area and so that is why it is extremely important to first deal with a situation at the lowest level one on one.

I'm assuming her recordings were of a sexual nature while she did not know you were gay...lol kind of funny if it wasn't hurtful to you... "

LOL, all my friends and family laughed their asses off, but wasn't funny at the time for me at all.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

My husband says that guys need to create a #NotMe tag in the twitterverse showing men who cower in fear of a woman walking towards them today. Trust me, it was seriously hilarious to see his idea of cowering.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hi, I am new here but i thought I might provide a different perspective. I am female and I live and work on the East coast.I am originally from the Midwest. I work in a very PC environment and most of my co workers have extremely liberal views. I feel like men in general think all women are members of the me too movement and are out to get you. I have something to say about that.... real women want protections for them men in their lives. I have a son, a husband and a father. What happened to our newest SCJ was a complete travesty. There is one good thing that did come of it. There are at least two men sitting on the SC that have good memories that will protect the rights for the men in my life. I hope real men can still recognize real women when the meet them.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sly1one

I've heard of countless incidents where "special" groups become organizational terrors because they know they are part of a "special" group that gets special treatment. That invulnerability they feel becomes their ticket to the top positions in the company or a lawsuit settlement....either way they are winning. This type of dynamic is only going to erode business growth as people see starting a business and having employees as more and more of a liability that simply isn't worth the risk.

As a side note...

I always though the funniest unintended consequence of the #metoo movement is that this symbol # is commonly referred to as pound....

I use it all the time.

If I read an opinion online (here or other sites/Facebook) and I agree with it I will always use #metoo and then type my answer to the post. Been doing it for months now.

Doing my part to de-legitimize that ridiculous and co-opted movement.

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

~shudder~

Gas compressors... NGL production and gas lifts.

It's an exciting field right now in ND, what with the area having no real infrastructure in place to handle the amount of gas up here.

We just bought our own fractionator (propane plant) to try to keep up production when you can't get to market.

80,000 gallons a day... my head hurts when I think about adding more drivers.

They are like herding cats....

Lol you have no idea how many times I've used that herding cats line to describe oilfield drivers/truckers. Too funny.

If Trudeau keeps destroying my province and Canadian energy production you guys/girls might get a flood of highly experienced Canadian oilfield "refugees" lol.

Edit- I say Canadian but what I actually meant was Albertan as I don't identify as a Canadian anymore.
edit on 14-12-2018 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join