It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre squiggly contrails seen above Kent UK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

That won't work. But vinegar does.

edit on 12/8/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
a reply to: tarifa37

I have been on the fence about contrails, but yesterday I saw clouds that might have been an old contrail that was wavy that had a long end that jetted off in a straight line. I thought that did not look normal. At the same time, I saw three planes two seemed to be at similar altitudes and one at a higher altitude in the same area. One left a large and distinct contrail that stayed in the sky the other did not have any vaper coming off it at all and the higher one has a trail that dissipated quickly. So what gives, all in the same area of each other similar altitudes.

This gets me too. Contrails evaporate quickly- they don't stay and then spread out and then join with other contrails to form a dull thin cloud cover.

Or, they never used to. These persistent expanding contrails that cross-cross the sky in a grid pattern and join to form a blanket of gray didn't happen when I was growing up. Just regular thin trails behind the plane that vanished. Maybe they use a different type of jet fuel now?

Those who deny "chemtrails" or refuse to even consider the possibility, they are VERY sure that the "chemtrail" deal is nonsense, and they will shame you down with many facts and scientific explanations. I usually feel like a giant fool for even considering the possibility; for even questioning the expanding contrails that take over the blue sky.

On topic, the squiggly one is cute. Doesn't it look like the trail left by various (or maybe one specific) aspect of rocket launches? Was it that?

I'm with you.

When I was a kid, I used to lay out in our yard and wonder why some jets leave one trail - others don't. I got older and realized altitude/weather conditions matter.

Then the other day, one of my co-workers who knows I have an interest in things like chemtrails said, "today is a chemtrail day." I said "what?" He said, "watch the clear blue sky for lines and it will be oddly high-overcast in an hour and the weather forecast was for a sunny day and weather radar will show no precipitation in the area."

He was right. And then he told me about what he knows regarding chem trails.

Also - don't get a flu shot

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Contrail conditions don't necessarily mean precipitation and clouds.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Does time of day matter? he mentioned this around 9:00 AM.

Does this season matter? It was late summer/early fall.

These days, when it's clear in the morning it's cold as S and clear more-less all day in winter this NEVER happens (sunny to cloudy) and I also never see anything that looks like a classic "chemtrail". This suggests to me that the phenomenon has to do with temperature for it to be visible.

I ask this seriously.
edit on 8-12-2018 by EnigmaChaser because: forgot to insert a sentence.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Temperature at cruising altitude is generally somewhere around -60C, so it's always favorable. The variable is humidity. When there's a front moving into the area you'll usually see more contrails as the humidity at higher altitudes increases.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

That won't work. But vinegar does.

I'm speechless

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Does time of day matter? he mentioned this around 9:00 AM.

Does this season matter? It was late summer/early fall.

These days, when it's clear in the morning it's cold as S and clear more-less all day in winter this NEVER happens (sunny to cloudy) and I also never see anything that looks like a classic "chemtrail". This suggests to me that the phenomenon has to do with temperature for it to be visible.

I ask this seriously.

Not only temperature but also humidity up at cruising altitude.

A good site to check out is the following.

Instant Weather Maps Link

Now use that in combination with an app for flight tracking and you will see why skies can be sometimes be covered with aviation cirrus or a combination of naturally forming cirrus and aviation cirrus (contrails).

See following thread on Metabunk for such observations.

How Changing Weather Conditions Make Contrails Show Up

Flight tracking apps links.

itunes.apple.com...

play.google.com...

From apps on

www.flightradar24.com...

A lot of Chemtrail believers don't understand just how busy those upper air route and way points are. They seem puzzled by the grids, x's, and tic-tac-toes.

Try it for yourself while seeing the true upper air route and way point picture in your region. See following link. Make sure that you select the "World Hi" link on the right and zoom into your area.

SkyVector Link

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

originally posted by: Phage
Holding pattern.

Maybe... However, the location is ~300 miles west of Heathrow.

Seems a bit odd to have to do a holding pattern when it had 300 miles to slow down enough to not have to go through a holding pattern.

There are many reasons for a hold at some distance from the destination. The choice can be that of either ATC or the pilot. For example, if I am on an instrument flight plan from Miami to JFK, I have to pick an alternate destination on the flight plan for the possibility that I can't use the main destination (weather below minimums, fouled runway, etc.) For the JFK flight, I might pick Atlantic City as an alternate. If I check weather and flow control as I'm approaching DC and learn that JFK weather has gone to snip and that there is an expected 90 minute hold, I might ask for a hold at the YAZUU intersection, which is near Atlantic City. That way, if the weather at JFK doesn't improve, I won't have to go all the way to JFK and then backtrack to Atlantic City. Since my 747 burns about 5 gallons of jet fuel per mile, the company will be happy with my choice. Depending on the time of day, JFK has up to about 70 arrivals per hour. So in that 90 minutes of below minimums weather, ATC would have to find a holding home for over a hundred aircraft. And that doesn't include the multitudes arriving at Laguardia and Newark and White Plains (KHPN) and all the smaller reliever GA airports in the area. The sky is only so big. So ATC will hold aircraft in remote places.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join