It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre squiggly contrails seen above Kent UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Very strange contrails seen over Kent UK this morning. The air was very still and temperature has dropped over night however I've never seen contrails quite like this one. Was seen over Ramsgate Canterbury Herne Bay with multiple photos put up on a local FB page. Here is link to local rag that is now reporting on it. www.kentonline.co.uk...
edit on 4-12-2018 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Turbulent times.

Aside from twisty winds, it could be a chem-trail left by a pilot on chems, too.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Someone speculating on Facebook it could have been a Japanese pilot after one too many sakis.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
its caused by the wind - slow news day in kent ?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37
Heh, well, going that route, why not a mexican pilot on tequila or a german on schnapps? I'll stick with my wind or generic human pilot on generic mind altering chemicals, thanks.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

There was a Japanese pilot arrested other day for being way over the limit. Was national news in the UK

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tarifa37
Very strange contrails seen over Kent UK this morning. The air was very still and temperature has dropped over night

The weather conditions on the ground have almost nothing to do with those at the flight levels used by jets. For example, right now in Wilmington, NC, it is 41 Degrees F and the winds are 7 mph. At 39,000 feet, it is minus 69 F and the winds are 138 mph.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This should take you directly to the relevant page,

www.kentonline.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I have been on the fence about contrails, but yesterday I saw clouds that might have been an old contrail that was wavy that had a long end that jetted off in a straight line. I thought that did not look normal. At the same time, I saw three planes two seemed to be at similar altitudes and one at a higher altitude in the same area. One left a large and distinct contrail that stayed in the sky the other did not have any vaper coming off it at all and the higher one has a trail that dissipated quickly. So what gives, all in the same area of each other similar altitudes.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
its caused by the wind - slow news day in kent ?

Really? Is this the first windy day ever? Seems like it should be happening all the time, if it's the wind.

It looks like the printout from a heart monitor.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA

I have been on the fence about contrails, but yesterday I saw clouds that might have been an old contrail that was wavy that had a long end that jetted off in a straight line. I thought that did not look normal. At the same time, I saw three planes two seemed to be at similar altitudes and one at a higher altitude in the same area. One left a large and distinct contrail that stayed in the sky the other did not have any vaper coming off it at all and the higher one has a trail that dissipated quickly. So what gives, all in the same area of each other similar altitudes.

This gets me too. Contrails evaporate quickly- they don't stay and then spread out and then join with other contrails to form a dull thin cloud cover.

Or, they never used to. These persistent expanding contrails that cross-cross the sky in a grid pattern and join to form a blanket of gray didn't happen when I was growing up. Just regular thin trails behind the plane that vanished. Maybe they use a different type of jet fuel now?

Those who deny "chemtrails" or refuse to even consider the possibility, they are VERY sure that the "chemtrail" deal is nonsense, and they will shame you down with many facts and scientific explanations. I usually feel like a giant fool for even considering the possibility; for even questioning the expanding contrails that take over the blue sky.

On topic, the squiggly one is cute. Doesn't it look like the trail left by various (or maybe one specific) aspect of rocket launches? Was it that?

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Here is an entry from Encyclopaedia Britannica:

Contrail Definition & Facts

Contrails are basically ice crystals - like cirrus clouds which can persist and spread, depending on temperature and humidity, and always have done so.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think this post may sum this all up...

Sinusoidal Thin Contrails

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Pilot practicing his cursive writing skills of wonky winds.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UberL33t
I think this post may sum this all up...

Sinusoidal Thin Contrails

Never seen this phenomenon before but it is a natural one, according to the weather Club.
Sinusoidal Contrails

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

if its not windshear on a contrail - what is it ?????????

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Really? Is this the first windy day ever? Seems like it should be happening all the time, if it's the wind.

It looks like the printout from a heart monitor.

Lol. Some ATS members love acting out their alias names.

Yep, its the winds fault and the IGNORANT believe it.
Plane doing a everyday standard U-Turn(s).

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha
Holding pattern.

edit on 12/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Worst chemtrail pilot ever.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

So I have never seen anything quite like this before, it’s a shame you couldn’t embed a pic. Definitely not chemtrails so I’m going with Kenttrails.

Clearly there must be very special atmospheric conditions for this phenomenon to occur. If it was caused by turbulence from the wake of the planes wings alone, surely we would see this more often than not?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join