It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

powdered peanut butter : reviews // opinions ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
hi - while wandering aimlessly in tesco [ because they have moved everything arount to " accommodate " xmass crap ]

i discovered " powdered peanut butter " which looked like a must have- and imediatly wondered if i can incorporate this into my snack packs for various activities i do

- avoiding impulse buying - i googled it and WTF its energy value [ Kcal ] seemed to be wrong -

the mystery became clear when read " defatted " - and yup - fat content has plumeted

energy density = vital for my snack packs - its the only reason i have peanut butter in house

i realise i could just usse more - but compact and light weight = vital too - so whats the point ???

so - whats folks experience of using this stuff ????????????

i currently use ither the " british army 24 h ration pack " - peanut butter pouches` - or a " home fill 25mm square tupaware tub - that holds 40 grams

for context - oatcakes , chocolate , drycure sausage [ 560kcal / 100 gram ] chesse and bombay mix [ 510 KCAL ] are the key ingredients i use in adition to peanut butter [ plus energy drink powder ]

i mix 3 different " menus " - with a target 1000 Kcal - that will [ and has ]] got me fthrough anything i face - without mess , prep [ in feild ] or excess packaging

bottom line - should i use powder peanut butter ??

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I have never heard of powered peanut butter.

I think you should add some veggies though.

Dried ones are best for carrying. Helps you crap too. Very important. You don't want to get either constipation or diarrhea in the field. Too much time sitting around.

P

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I always thought of peanuts as the garbage people buy when they can't afford real nuts. And real nuts are expensive too. You can always sort out the good stuff when you look at the price.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

bottom line - should i use powder peanut butter ??

According to the Consumer Report :

Regular peanut butter has the same protein and fiber counts, but has 96 calories and 8 grams of fat per tablespoon. The fat in regular peanut butter is mostly the heart-healthy monounsaturated kind, so the only nutritional advantage of powdered peanut butter is its much lower calorie count.

Is Powedered Peanut Butter Good For You ?

So you will better by using regular Peanut Butter, or make you own Peanut Butter with some Roasted Peanuts on a food processor in 4-5 minutes . Other than that, you can use the Powdered Peanut Butter to make a Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies or some PB2 Flourless Brownies.

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It's great for the bug out bag.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So it's basically peanuts that have had all of the valuable fats pressed out and then powdered into what would otherwise have likely been an additive to cattle feed.
I'll pass.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Maybe mixing powdered peanut butter with powdered toast would be like peanut butter on toast?

This man may be able to help:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

yep.

It's nasty. You're not missing anything. It'll certainly never get into my BOB. I'll need the energy, and with most of the energy providing stuff removed...what's the point?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's like powdered butter or powdered bacon.
Just salty dust.
My man-furnace needs fat for fuel.
What's next...powdered diesel? Just add piss.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I have some but haven't used it. I planned on using it for cooking. It can be sprinkled on popcorn and put in smoothies. There is a good article on the pros and cons of this product here: www.healthline.com...

I hadn't really researched the product but after reading the article, I wouldn't buy it again. It's not horrid but there are virtually little to no pros and it is an expensive product for basically nothing. It is still a protein though and could be used as such.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
thanks for feedback folks

combined with advice from a UK based outdoors group [ appologies - cannot link ]

whoes main response was " have you tasted it " ?

i has decided to give this a miss

the one bit of advice i will share here =

" sterilise your tupaware tubs "

obvious advice i had never thought of - as "shelf life " is a concern if i dont eat it right away - and informed - that if tupaware = sterilised - the shelflife = identical to " origional jar "

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
As a kid when living in Rocky River Ohio, my friend Larry W invented Skippy peanut butter and canned Franco-American spaghetti sandwiches. On Italian bread of course.

Energy to move mountains. And, we were some of the thinnest people in school.

top topics

join