It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil deGrasse Tyson under investigation after accusations of sexual misconduct

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The lady probably misunderstood what he meant when he said, I want to go to Uranus.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

its really suspect when suddenly theirs a couple of accusations why take so long its not as if its something new after me 2 just got me puzzled is all imo

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

It is even more so when the rape accuser has a blog where she says she doesn't remember a rape but assumes it must have happened using a tuning fork to tap into the universe lala land to get her answers.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
i used to have a great deal of time for Neil, loved a lot of what he did with Cosmos, but over the years that magic has worn thin as it's become clearer that the role of omnipotent teacher he has in the show is actually how he sees himself in life... So many interviews and things where he just comes off as incredibly pompous and arrogant, unnecessarily over-explaining and talking down.. he clearly buys wholeheartedly into his own hype and it's just really unappealing.

Seeing his lengthy, point by point, "this is why you think things and you're wrong" response to these allegations, written as it's a script for a new special he's presenting is the final nail in the coffin of my respect for him. Guy knows no humility.

also "yeah i put my hand up her sleeve but you don't understand i was really keen to see pluto" is a really really messed up thing to be posited as a defense.

Society has prepared many conventional paths that are designed to give the average person an averagely successful life. For extreme outliers, these established paths are ideological death sentences. They must be willing to explore and design their own lifestyles, brick by brick, to find their own highest happiness. They need an indomitable will to match their powerful intellect.

Confidence is often mistaken for arrogance or narcissism. This is ironic in comparison to the fact that our culture glorifies specific types of acceptable exceptionalism, so long as they do not threaten the average mind too far. It is okay for someone to claim to be superior in a very specific way, so long as you have other ways to bolster your own ego. We don’t mind if someone is taller, faster, better at playing the piano, and so on, because we know we have other qualities. The moment a claim of superiority is generalized enough to apply to everyone and threaten their ego, a dominance dispute is created. The world resists. gregorydiehl.net...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

It is even more so when the rape accuser has a blog where she says she doesn't remember a rape but assumes it must have happened using a tuning fork to tap into the universe lala land to get her answers.

I agree. But at least that’s a whole lot more ‘evidence’ than the liar who accused Justice Kavanugh of sexual misconduct.

A whole lot more.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I agree. But at least that’s a whole lot more ‘evidence’ than the liar who accused Justice Kavanugh of sexual misconduct.

A whole lot more.

No you dont have one accusation that was actually from 2014. And her claim is silly she doesnt remember ot so she had to be drugged. It couldn't possibly be because it happened 30 years ago. The other woman was an assistant and that seems strange. She gives him a ride home he invites her fir a glass of wine and cheese. They sat across from each other talking. Then wants to claim she felt uncomfortable with it? She could easily have said no i have to do this tomorrow etc. So obviously she wanted to. Then she mentions an indian hand shake where he asked her if she wanted to see it . So he shows her and then says she felt uncomfortable again why did she say yes?

She is making woman our to be weak with no ability to think on their own. When she did mention it he apologized saying he didnt intend to make her feel bad and didn't realize she took it as sexual in nature. But ssid he often invites people for wine . Having met him i will say this he likes talking and if you engage him he will invite you to continue the conversation.

So having said that i will say this is people wanting attention. You dont post a story on a blog or give an interview unless you want attention.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Proof, that's old school.

Embrace extreme leftism, embrace social justice and embrace wrongthink/speak.

What time is the public hanging?

it seems like you're making a lot of speculative conclusions just because Neil deGrasse Tyson ( NDT) may have sided with issues "your aide was against".

so you veil this sentiment by saying you "respect him" or the like , in each post.

you're basically saying 'good', he was a SJW (to some capacity)...

that's worse..

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

did i stutter?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Ah, the left eats its own.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The guy is an eccentric astrophysicist, in other words, he's weird.

I think people making partisan politics already a subject in this case is a little short minded, but hey to each their own.

Either way, the guy gets excited easily, and is passionate about anything to do with the universe, just because he's not a socially alienated scientist that a lot of people assume or have been exposed to doesn't mean he's a rapist or a creep. He's just different and actually has sociability.

The guy is also married, I wonder if his wife was home when he invited his assistant over for wine and cheese.
edit on 3-12-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I believe this.

Look what he did to Pluto without her consent

He also didn’t respect her personal choice pronoun of planet instead he called her planettoud .

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Niel Degrasse Tyson: “i’d love to take you back to my place for some cheese and wine, maybe later, we could pull out my huge “telescope” and look at Uranus.”

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Prove it in court, and STFU until then. If you can't, you don't have enough integrity to bank on, so you're using the media at that point to do the court's work instead.

I'm so sick and tired of this vapid movement. It does no one any good to ruin someone well before due process, and ultimately it rewards manipulative scheming women with attention and backing. That f#s over the real victims of crimes, people.

Call a media addicted attention whore what she is and be done with it. If she can make it to court before opening her mouth to the media, THEN we might have a genuine claim. Otherwise, they're just attention whores trying to bask.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

NO!! Sad if true. What's next, someone accusing Stephen Hawking of talking dirty to them in his Speak & Spell voice?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Who needs proof these days right?
Just take him out back and shoot him. That’s what these woman want.
Destroy his career and his reputation before any evidence is brought forth.
That’s how it works these days.
Guilty until your not.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Cannibalism?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You aren't funny.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Is that why your ego's resist me so much, and why peoples over confidence in themselves makes me sick. Could you elaborate where you found that ? A psychology book perhaps?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

"I will fight this even if I have to take it all the way to the Supreme Cour-. . . . . crap."
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join