It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Supreme Court lawyer: Whitaker appointment 'constitutional crisis'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: TheOne7
a reply to: JinMI

You with the cool hat....come back to reality.

You seem to be lost in thought and mixing up laws and regulations.

Slower for you....sessions was forced out and the vacancies act states anyone filling the role he left has to go through or have gone through the advise and consent process.

Ah, there are the beginnings of someone who has lost their argument.

Sessions being forced out. Lets start there. Would you please show me where that matters and how a resignation equals force?

Let us first agree that now we are entering into the realm of employment law.

Are we on the same page?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOne7

So we're not going to have a discussion? Fine, here is a fairly competent article on the whole affair: Source

This isn't as cut and dry as your OP would make it seem.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Forced to resign vs Fired The employee may be advised there is enough for an involuntary termination/firing, however the company is giving an option to resign, in affect forcing the resignation. ... They may employee themselves or engage in acts to try and force an employee to resign by making their work environment difficult versus firing. What's the difference between “forcing a resignation” vs “firing ... www.quora.com...’s-the-difference-between-“forcing-a-resignation”-vs-“firin...

A forced resignation is when an employee has no real choice but to resign. The onus is on the employee to prove that they did not resign voluntarily. The employee must prove that the employer forced their resignation. ... A forced resignation can also be referred to as constructive dismissal.Apr 20, 2018 Forced resignation | Unfair dismissals benchbook www.fwc.gov.au...

Constructive Dismissal is where an employer has committed a serious breach of contract, entitling the employee to resign in response to the employer's conduct. The employee is entitled to treat him or herself as having been “dismissed” and the employer's conduct is often referred to as a “repudiatory breach”. Constructive dismissal- employment solicitors- Landau law www.landaulaw.co.uk/constructive-dismissal/

Your employer can absolutely force you to quit your job for any number of reasons from poor performance to policy violation or insufficient business demand to support payroll. You can also be forced to quit your job for any reason or no reason, if you company is applying the employment-at-will doctrine. Can I Be Forced to Quit My Job? | Chron.com work.chron.com...

Trump created a hostile working environment for sessions that lasted for nearly two years that is well documented along with potus attempts to fire sessions but was stopped by other cabinet members citing obstruction and impeachment. Potus also stated clearly that he was being replaced months before his resignation was forced. The next day potus stated that he fired sessions and put in whithaker because he wanted someone to protect him.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

So we're not going to have a discussion? Fine, here is a fairly competent article on the whole affair: Source

This isn't as cut and dry as your OP would make it seem.

The olc's ruling was in regards to the ability of the potus to appoint someone to replace sessions if sessions resigned.

It is 100% beside the point since the resignation was forced.

If potus had not done all that tweeting over the two year span then he would have a case but as it stands in reality sessions was forced out and there is a very long trail of public verbal abuse that backs up sessions claim of "getting a pink slip".

The olc is in trumps pocket and ignored the facts.

Potus dug his own hole on this one.
edit on 2-12-2018 by TheOne7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The next day potus stated that he fired sessions and put in whithaker because he wanted someone to protect him.

"POTUS STATED". Please direct us to this statement. Unless President Trump called and told you these things personally, they should be part of the public record. Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The olc's ruling was in regards to the ability of the potus to appoint someone to replace sessions if sessions resigned.

Which he did.

Still waiting for why this matters and how he exactly forced him to resign when he could have legally just fired him.

You do know that outside of the SCotUS, the the OLC is held in pretty high regard...right?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It is a constitutional crisis even if we are distracted from and dulled to it

hilarious!!!!

You cant have a new "constitutional crisis" pop up every week only to be forgotten when next weeks "constitutional crisis" pops up and still expect people to take it seriously.

"even if we are dulled to it" really means "I know we say this so often that now you are no longer paying attention; but trust us this time its really important"

Again hilarious... call me when we have a real crisis... you know one that has a farther reach than next week.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The next day potus stated that he fired sessions and put in whithaker because he wanted someone to protect him.

"POTUS STATED". Please direct us to this statement. Unless President Trump called and told you these things personally, they should be part of the public record. Thanks in advance.

You wanna borrow my time machine? He was live on fox news when he said it.

Again it was the next day after the appointment but no one reported on it.

If you can not accept reality you can strike it from your record.

Is that enough direction or are you the type that enjoys being givin direction over and over.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Which he did.

Still waiting for why this matters and how he exactly forced him to resign when he could have legally just fired him.

You do know that outside of the SCotUS, the the OLC is held in pretty high regard...right?

You have been givin the info several times in this thread it has been posted. Try reading the top post on this page real slow so that you comprehend it.

I never claimed that olc is not is not the cream of the crop. However they were not directed to the truth in this matter and were misled by potus and the gang.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

www.chicagotribune.com...

Trump tried to fire sessions.

But there is growing evidence that Senate Republicans, who have long cautioned Trump against firing Sessions, are now resigned to the prospect that he may do so after the November midterm elections — a sign that one of the last remaining walls of opposition to such a move is crumbling.

At least twice this month, Trump vented to White House advisers and his lawyers about the "endless investigation" of his campaign and said he needs to fire Sessions for saddling his presidency with the controversy, according to two of the people.

In subsequent talks with his lawyers and advisers, Trump said what he really wanted to do was fire Sessions, the people said. His attorneys, Rudy Giuliani and Jay Sekulow, advised him that Mueller could interpret such an action as an effort to obstruct justice and thwart the investigation — already a major focus of the inquiry, the people said.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

You have been givin the info several times in this thread it has been posted. Try reading the top post on this page real slow so that you comprehend it.

So no, you don't have anything to add as to why it would matter upon what pretenses he resigned. We agree he resigned. That is what the law is based around.

I never claimed that olc is not is not the cream of the crop. However they were not directed to the truth in this matter and were misled by potus and the gang.

That makes complete sense....the office that is full of lawyers and such was completely outsmarted by Trump! Heh, even I don't give him that much credit.

Trump tried to fire sessions.

There is no try, only do....when it comes to this matter. Politicians being politicians is what that article is about.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I am stunned. Sessions wasn't FORCED to resign. He was asked to, but was under no obligation to comply. He could have flat out told Trump no, if he wanted to. This most likely would have lead to his firing, but it didnt come to it, since he RESIGNED. This is page 6, and somehow people still do not get it, how is this possible?
edit on pm1212201818America/Chicago02p08pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

No we do not agree and you ignore facts right in front of you. Clearly you have nothing but a hard head but i admire that.

Reading is your friend.

Trump fired sessions by forcing him to resign.

It is funny you choose the battle of trying to say that the biggest personality known in america for firing people did not fire someone.

Big balls and a nice hat!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
I am stunned. Sessions wasn't FORCED to resign. He was asked to, but was under no obligation to comply. He could have flat out told Trump no, if he wanted to. This most likely would have lead to his firing, but it didnt come to it, since he RESIGNED. This is page 6, and somehow people still do not get it, how is this possible?

Except sessions says he was fired.

My goodness the dude was crying when he left!

You would serve yourself well if you also read the post and links i provide very meaningful info as to how someone can be forced to resign.

My goodness humanity is at stake and you all choose to play games of ignoring reality.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

That makes complete sense....the office that is full of lawyers and such was completely outsmarted by Trump! Heh, even I don't give him that much credit.

Hyperbole much?

They opined on what they were told to. They did so under the false assumption that sessions was not forced out.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

Except sessions says he was fired.

My goodness the dude was crying when he left!

You would serve yourself well if you also read the post and links i provide very meaningful info as to how someone can be forced to resign.

My goodness humanity is at stake and you all choose to play games of ignoring reality.

ffs man, I did read them. he was asked to resign......he did. that is not firing no matter how you try to spin it but do carry on with the insanity. good day.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

If you read the links then you would know that forcing someones resignation happens all the time and there are many extenuating factors that can go into making the decision to leave. I do hope you have a good evening and learn that employment law says very much that your and others opinions are completely wrong.

Creating a hostile working environment belittling an employee and public shaming is a direct was one can be forced to resign. As i stated potus would have a case if he had not publicly shamed and harassed sessions for two years.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Here is your award for the best mental gymnastics I've seen in quite some time.

That gave me the best chuckle I've had all day.

Does the phrase "shall serve at the pleasure of the president" mean nothing? If Trump wanted him fired he would have fired him. If Sessions didn't want to go he could have made Trump fire him. Simple logic.

A letter of resignation is just that. Crying after it is written is sad but not evidence of anything except emotion. Children cry regularly when they are disappointed with events.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

omg you too?

I have already provided links showing where trump wanted to fire sessions but was advised by council not too until after the midterms.

Have you all been living in a trump echo chamber all this time?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

No we do not agree and you ignore facts right in front of you. Clearly you have nothing but a hard head but i admire that.

Reading is your friend.

It is funny you choose the battle of trying to say that the biggest personality known in america for firing people did not fire someone.

Big balls and a nice hat!

I do so love and enjoy when folks attempt gaslight when ensconced in their own logical fallacy.

So you are claiming that sessions was fired? Haha a

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join