It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking prayer requests for Advent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm a Catholic, and today begins the Advent season. I was wondering what I could do as an act of service, and one of the things that came to mind was to simply pray for people.

Anyone who wants that, just say so. I'll pray as specifically or vaguely for you as you like.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

I'm not a member of any denomination but I pray for more Peace and Love in America ever day. Join me.
Perhaps it's not really a "prayer" more like a request to the Great spirit.

I proposed an ATS prayer circle once. Got shot down...
edit on 2-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Totally joining you. And I think a prayer circle is an excellent idea.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
I'm a Catholic, and today begins the Advent season. I was wondering what I could do as an act of service, and one of the things that came to mind was to simply pray for people.

Anyone who wants that, just say so. I'll pray as specifically or vaguely for you as you like.

You could start by taking donations to send to all the people whose lives have been wrecked by religion.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart, olaru12

I'm not religious, but I'll join you in praying for more peace and love. Nothing wrong with sending good vibes out. I'd be happy to participate!

What a kind thing to do!

Thanks,
blend

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I''m totally in.

I'm Christian but don't believe in man made religions.

Olaru - I think that was a great idea. It took a long time for the pet forum to be allowed. Maybe we need to keep asking.

If anyone wants to state what their requests are, or for general prayer I will do so over you.

If I may ask for prayer for strength and peace - I am going in for a hip replacement next week and my husband has decided he is going to go out of town to work and has yet to even look at my X-rays, and doesn't want to know what a hip replacement is... and my 18 year old daughter due to her own special needs hasn't touched me for the last half years of her life and hubby expects her to look after me - I am frankly feeling very isolated, unloved and am going to ask the doctor tomorrow for a do not resuscitate letter tomorrow. I don't feel there's any reason for me to be here anymore. Not feeling suicidal, I just feel very thrown away. Sorry, emotions are heavy right now. The feelings of having no anchor, no compassion are stronger than the fear of the surgery. Thanks
Love to all.

edit on 2/12/18 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

All love and peace to you. I'll be praying for your health and peace daily.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

An excellent idea to pray for someone else and i will urge you to do some random acts of kindness to less fortunate people, if you are able to. Maybe giving food to someone else ? or some clothes ? Or simply just words of courage if someone is down.

Peace
edit on 2-12-2018 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

Thank you! I live in a poor rural community, so there are plenty of people who might need a surprise bag of groceries.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

People have been hurt by religiosity and people abusing their power in church hierarchy. I will pray for the healing of those abused, insulted, and outcast by religion. Thank you for mentioning them.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I would like to join in with prayers and healing thoughts for people who may need it. For family, friends and myself, I ask for good health and emotional well being.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I will pray for that for your beloveds, Night Star. Every day.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
What a beautiful idea for a thread.Thank you for starting it.

I would like you to pray that His divine will be done in my life, as well as those dear to my heart.
I will also pray that the divine will be accomplished in others lives, as nothing is as good for our souls as His divine will.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Yes. How lovely. And obedient, in the good way. I will pray that.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Thank you for the gesture.

However, that is not an act of service to anybody but yourself as all you are doing is fulfilling your own beliefs.

Its a test for you, if you are wondering what you could do then you are being tested by that in which you believe.

If you need to pray, pray for guidance to help you realize what act you could do that may change someones life for the better even if just for that moment.

Although just do your best and be true to yourself and your beliefs and you should pass, that is if it a test.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Night Star

I will pray for that for your beloveds, Night Star. Every day.

new topics

top topics

join