It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pathetic rules and 'company policy'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Doesn't the train system have an app or trip-planner on the web? Even though some human wrote the code they are probably more trustworthy than some dingle-berry working at the ticket booth. Most people carry a little computer around with them everywhere they go that most likely contains the information needed to get on the correct train/bus.

ETA: There is a trip planner: HERE
Download printable timetables: HERE
Or, call them for information at: 0345 6000 650
COMPLAIN: HERE
edit on 1222018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat
I don't know mate, my phone cost £10, it makes phonecalls, texts, and has the Snake game lol.
My tickets were my main concern, you have to swipe them at the train stations to get in.
I didn't care that I was on the wrong train because it was their fault...see you in court lol, I'm not paying anyone an £80 'penalty charge' ever over that.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It was £4 for a single 440ml can of beer on the train as well, daylight robbery lol, I can get 4 pint cans (568ml) for the same price at my local 'corner' store.
At least the peasants can still take their own food and drink on trains...for now lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Good on you for standing your ground and not having to pay the "penalty" for their screw up.

If more folks would do this, IMO, customer service and companies actually valuing their customers may increase.

Your line about taking food and drinks on trains makes me think of those little liquor bottles on an airplane. $8-10 dollars for a crappy Cabernet, skyway robbery I tell you!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Haha 35cl bottles, I know the ones!
I enjoyed the laugh of the conflict to be honest, guy in a high viz top and a stab vest acting all hard, funny as # when I told him he could do nothing except radio the cops or fight me lol.
He walked away, then wouldn't look me in the eyes when he passed later.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

edit on 2-12-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Cannot say fairer than that!

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

One for the good guys!

Sounds like you were more restrained than I probably would have been.....but just as expressive.

Jumped up Jobworths are up there with Hipsters and Snowflakes on my list of Worlds Biggest Twats.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Haha yes mate!

I've always had issues with assertive 'authority' type figures. I'm banned from the local Halifax bank because after doing my business I get to the door and a manager stands there telling me "You 'have' to wait until the cash machine is filled" not "Do you mind waiting a minute for the cash machine to be filled" or anything friendly like that, which I would have said no problem with a smile.

I told the prick not to speak to me like one of his minion staff and that it was illegal detention so if he didn't open the #ing door then I was using reasonable force on him to get out. Well, I said something like that but added "and I'm confident you will lose the fight", he let me out, but banned me lol.

I don't bank with them anyway so no loss, I was just paying cash into a mates account.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AM10101
Was that even real? I heard laughter like a studio audience.
The guy was a dick to be fair, I don't go looking for trouble with cops but our cops are cool, I just won't be bullied by pseudo authority non-cops wearing high-viz and stab vests wishing they were cops lol.
EDIT
Pseudo authority non cops I tell to call real cops or fight me for my name and details. Simple choice, give me a UK professional cop any day over someone who had two weeks training for the job...and don't have powers of arrest.
edit on 3-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It was David Cross, a comedian, poking fun at those 'here's what to do when a cop stops you' videos that are all over youtube.

The point of it was that HE ended up being the problem, not the cop.

Your story just kind of made me think of it and I thought you might get a kick out of it, is all. I'd check the show out as well, it's called 'w/ Bob and David' and should still be on Netflix. Pretty funny sketch comedy.

edit on 3-12-2018 by AM10101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2018 by AM10101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AM10101
Haha cheers, I will check it out, I actually laughed a few times watching that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join