It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock movie review.... The Predator

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It was a pretty lackluster film for me.

The story should have centered around the misfits; them having to get their collective $#!7 together to fight the predator would have been a more interesting movie than science lady and the autistic kid adventure we got. Oh and what's worse than the predator? SUPER PREDATOR WOOOOOOOOOAAH!

I'm also sick of holographic computers. It's in every movie these days and it always looks dumb. Why would you create an interface like that? I guess it's cheaper to have people flicking their fingers left and right and add effects in post than to just make a weird alien keyboard.

They keep trying to reinvent the wheel on these types of films rather than just using what works and giving winks and nods to the audience. For me, both franchises ended with Predator/Predator 2, and with Alien/Aliens/Alien 3. The crossover stuff never even happened in the novels until we were a legit space-faring species.

I'm still waiting for an Aliens: Earth Hive movie. AvP Requiem doesn't count. I want me some colonial marines fighting xenomorphs on a futuristic (no stupid holograms) earth.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AM10101

They did spend a fair amount of time on flushing out some of the misfits storyline. Sure, more would have been better as I agree it was the more interesting aspect of the film.

Overall it seemed balanced enough for me, as a mindless action flick.

Considering some films use CGi for 90 percent of the on screen action, it had s plethora(these days) of live action acting.

Certainly could have been better, but also a whole lot worse given current movie trends.

<< 1   >>

join