It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another pilot axed for phalic displays, this time a B52 squadron CO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
"We train young men to drop fire on people but, their commanders won't allow them to write F@#k on their airplanes because it's Obscene!". Col. Walt E. Kurtz

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i has always held the view :

the type of mindset that allows a person to do " certain tasks " - comes with " baggage " that will offend someone

the " offended " - will never step up and do the " task " themselves - but still wants to bitch and whine

my advice - get over it

and to quote mr orwell :

you sleep sound in your bed , because .....................

Right, we just lost more of our young men it is not their fault where they are sent or why so why do so many blane these poor soldiers.

Three US troops killed, three others wounded in IED blast in Afghanistan By: Kyle Rempfer 4 days ago

Ghazni city, located 100 miles from Afghanistan’s capital city of Kabul, was also the site of an intense battle between U.S.-backed Afghan forces and the Taliban over the summer.
The U.S. presence in Afghanistan stands at roughly 15,000 troops. Other NATO allies, such as the Czech Republic and Romania, also contribute troops to the conflict and have suffered from the insurgents' use of IEDs.

www.militarytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
ETA that’s damn impressive considering the age of the old workhorses.

During Valiant Shield this year they tested the Quickstrike ER, 2000lb standoff mine.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So which one of you armchair warriors are going to step up and fund the sexual harassment suits when they are lost one after the other? You DO know their are women in the Air Force now? Been there since the 50s. Been women fighter pilots since 1993. Been women bomber pilots since 1995.

The Air Force doesn’t need adolescent male pilots who can’t figure out right from wrong when they are expected to make life and death decisions. Better to be short pilots than drop the standards to keep dumbasses like this.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I saw that and just shook my head, god I hope nobody checks the planes at the Deid every fricking plane on multiple spots you will find a picture of a dick.

At a deployed location you do whatever you can to find something to take away from the extreme heat, the humidity the 14+ hour days 6 or 7 days a week. (depending on the location)

Now a good commander (from what I have heard) has his career ruined over something this stupid, I hope people in the sq figure out who did this and make their lives miserable for the rest of the time at that base.

A good commander is a bloody unicorn now a days and to lose one over this... stupid isn't a strong enough word.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
So which one of you armchair warriors are going to step up and fund the sexual harassment suits when they are lost one after the other? You DO know their are women in the Air Force now? Been there since the 50s. Been women fighter pilots since 1993. Been women bomber pilots since 1995.

The Air Force doesn’t need adolescent male pilots who can’t figure out right from wrong when they are expected to make life and death decisions. Better to be short pilots than drop the standards to keep dumbasses like this.

Well you’re a pleasant one, how about we worry about the core mission and not degrading to nothing with asinine policies that cause nothing but discontent and erode morale before we start worrying about hypothetical lawsuits and getting offended for other people. I fail to see how drawing genitalia is sexual harassment and I’ve known plenty of woman service members that partake in shenanigans like this and it’s pretty damn innocent if you ask me. I’d much rather see steam blown off with silly scrawlings than something like say the tailhookers fiasco. I don’t have a problem with clamping down in an appropriate way if the issue starts to degrade unit cohesion, to ruin the career of a damn fine officer over him not clamping down as hard or as fast as the out of touch brass wanted is asinine and underlines many of the problems with over the top PC culture in the military. This case has stepped over the line IMO the cases of skydrawings that could be seen by the public is one thing but on base scribbles shouldn’t be made this big of an issue in my poorly informed and biased opinion.
edit on 12/1/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

And yet, there was no "hostile environment" in the unit. The people that were actually there, in the unit, both male and female, are actually pissed about this. But you're right, let's castrate the military, and fire anyone that doesn't immediately order public executions for anyone that draws a picture on a plane.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Have you ever worked in or around a fighter squadron before?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Given the Navy's training has yielded ships crashing into each other, I see no reason to not let aviators draw dicks. Maybe drawing one in the sky, the dick of god, will someday scare some enemy into surrender.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Given the Navy's training has yielded ships crashing into each other, I see no reason to not let aviators draw dicks. Maybe drawing one in the sky, the dick of god, will someday scare some enemy into surrender.

Stupid from both sides. Maybe aspire for a drawing of something other than a prick.

The first time I bit my tongue but servicemembers cant help but love drawing charactures of you.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

No it's your profile. People like you who believe childish behavior makes our country great. And people gripe about tax money - it's being spent well in this case.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No it's your profile. People like you who believe childish behavior makes our country great. And people gripe about tax money - it's being spent well in this case.

Did I say anything about being in support of childish behavior? My problem is with military leadership going overboard with punishments for innocent boys will be boys shenanigans and have every right to blow off steam and break through the monotony as long as there is no harm. This CO was doing everything right but because he didn’t clamp down as hard and as fast as they in their utterly disconnected world felt was necessary his career is now ruined and the chances of him staying in the service are almost zilch. The drain on the military is becoming a huge problem and BS like this will cripple the armed forces, servicemembers shouldn’t have to worry about walking on eggshells lest they become the target of the next PC happy br(ass)hat torpedoing their career. This kind of thing makes the military less efecient in every way including in the use of taxpayers money.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I would agree a termination is overboard for the first time. Was this a repeated action or was everyone in the force given notice? If not it does seem a bit extreme for an otherwise competent aviator.

Throwing away years of training is even a bigger waste.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The thing is for some reason drawing penises is a big thing at deployed locations, it wasn't him doing the drawing as much as he wasn't cracking down hard enough to stop it.
Here is the problem you cant stop it, when you threaten people with punishment for something silly when they are already working 6-7 days a week, 12 hours on the flight line often with a 45 min drive from the flight line to where they sleep those troops will laugh say what are you going to do cancel xmas… my b-day etc and then draw them more often and usually bigger.
From what I read it sounds like he tried to slow it down but didn't really push it because he knew it was useless.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So it might be seen as a leadership failure. Not implying that he or another could have stopped it but that is what the higher up see it as.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The USAF is more concerned about playing politics now a days than doing their job.... killing bad guys and breaking all their stuff.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It's like the joke about the airman doing fleet service in Thule and being threatened by higher ups. Eventually there's not much you can do that's seen as a threat.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yup at my last deployment, minimum 12 hours on the line 6 on 1 off, 45 min bus ride form the squadron to the chow hall so now we are at 14 hours.

Still need to eat, and shower, and cant forget need to workout so (at the time) we don't fail a pt test and kill our career... so now its 16 hours.

so after a couple months of that,(not to mention the lovely desert weather) your F it bucket is full and there is litterally no punishment they can come up with that people will care about.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Its the Pc brigade that tried to stop "Nose Art" on combat planes wasnt it.?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

They did stop it for awhile.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join