It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought experiment: The aliens have landed, what would you do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I would be hopeful that we have better times ahead, however, I don’t know that I would need to do anything until we saw what their intentions were for Earth. I suspect that if they were going to be hostile they would just introduce a super bug and kill us without ever firing a shot.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
Ok, lets assume the following scenario has just happened. A HUGE ship has just come into orbit around the earth. Its obviously not one of ours. Governments cant hide it, its so big its visible in the daytime sky. All attempts to contact it have not been successful. Its just hanging up there and no one knows why its here or what their intentions are. A smaller ship has just landed in the middle of the continental United states and just sits there on the ground. What would you do?

Nothing.Theyre already here....

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Nothing, why should I?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Roll a spliff and fill a cooler with some fine barley-pop and introduce myself.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'd pay the rent, just like always.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Take some high definition video and pictures. You know... the non blurry type... and from up close

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I would be definitely be foolish enough...to have a hankering to travel to the occupied UAP aerial & land sites; with the intent of establishing proper protocol methods of communication with the possible ET's.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Its just hanging up there and no one knows why its here or what their intentions are. A smaller ship has just landed in the middle of the continental United states and just sits there on the ground. What would you do?

There's a ton of blasé in the replies.

Maybe the USA would declare a state of emergency? A foreign technology has technically invaded US air space and is non-communicative. An existential threat couldn't be ruled out and strategic manoeuvres would take place. I imagine continuity of government would be paramount and measures would be taken to shuttle away all the 'important' people to safety. Other nations would act accordingly dependent on their perspective and resources.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Fill up the bathtub.

Watch attentively. Wait patiently.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Call Cher and let her know her flight to Jupiter is here.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
First I would stay glued to ATS with coffee and stuff of course. Then enjoy the show for a while and watch what unfolds until I am sure what is going on.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Better yet, call Nancy Pelosi and let her know a master race of omnipotent unregistered voters just showed up, but she better hurry up because Wyoming and Nebraska are already headed that way. And, I'd tell her to bring a great big hammer so she can knock on the door.

She'd be all over that!

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ask if they can please immediately cure my friends daughter.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'd go to work. Boring as it sounds. The situation is unlikely to be improved by millions stopping work and running around in a panic.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I would post about it on ATS... to have it debunked.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
I would post about it on ATS... to have it debunked.

And I would make sure that I included a photograph and a video so that I can learn how both were manipulated to show something that was not real.

Never know, I may need to be able to fake things in the new alien world order.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Try to sell them London Bridge using an assumed name and then buy a ticket off this rock full of crazy people to somewhere safer and perhaps a little bit more sane.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Totally take a selfie with the UFO but the whole world would be in chaos seeing an actual up close UFO is super unnerving no matter what anyone says then try my best to be involved in first contact making history

But even if they just flew away (with no communication) again never to be seen in this lifetime the whole world would totally change drastically

Why OP you know sumtin????lol

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Its just hanging up there and no one knows why its here or what their intentions are. A smaller ship has just landed in the middle of the continental United states and just sits there on the ground. What would you do?

There's a ton of blasé in the replies.

For good reason. What could you realistically do? Run around, scream and shout? Realistically speaking, there would be nothing special you COULD do.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I would probably just keep being dead. Since we would have all been wiped out long before they got here, by a kinetic impactor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join